THE ROAD TO LA

Started by Grandadeo, May 24, 2006, 09:00:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzford

Lee,Glad to hear that you are all home safe and sound. I guess you must all be pretty worn out. I got tired just reading of your trip. Going to the Corn Boil ? I won't be there this go 'round, too much stuff to do around the old homestead. Plus the coupe is in dire need of a clutch. Not looking forward to that project, although lying on my back has been a major past time of mine.

kroozn

I saw you cruising in front of SoCal Friday nite and figured I'd run into you at the show over the weekend like I usually do .... but you must have went into hiding.
See you next year Lee.
Carl

Grandadeo

Hey Carl, wish we could have hooked up.  When I wasn't in the swap meet area I was trying to spend time with my wife, mostly under the green EZ-up next to our car.  Yes, see you next year, that will be my 15th year of heading west.  Hard to believe.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

kroozn

We will hook up next year for sure.

"Yes, see you next year, that will be my 15th year of heading west. Hard to believe."

I know exactly what your saying. Last year I was given a dash plaque saying it was 25 years ago that I attended the first "Bonneville Cruise In" on the Salt!
That couldn't have been me ... I am too young to have been there ... way back then!

Grandadeo

Found out yesterday that Al (tan roadster) made it home after going on the Rod Tour to Pueblo.  He got the long distance award there.  One of his many.  His is the roadster that was pictured in a magazine a while back caught in a Nevada snow storm.  He does get around.  My '32 is all cleaned up and ready for a once a month cruise night down in Jupiter, Florida this Saturday night.  That is if the rain holds off.  Well, back to the honey-do list for now.

Lee

EMSjunkie

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to meet Al and the rest of the RRT folks
at Pueblo. :x

it was a great show, and the folks in Pueblo really treat the rodding community well :D

I'm already making plans for Oklahoma City and Pueblo next year. :wink:

hope to meet up with some of ya'all out on the road. 8)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Grandadeo

Just got the VISA bill for gas, motels, and Andy's event shirts.  They sure didn't waste any time.  My wife said "hum, that's not too bad for a three week vacation."  So I ain't sayin nothin.  Now when the bill from Normspeed's House of Refuge and Hot Rod Repair Emporium arrives I'll be in real trouble.

Lee