DrJ

Quote from: "kroozn"
Quote from: "DrJ"....

Where you been?
You've been MIA from here almost as much as me and HRBob

:lol:

I'm still here...
In Long Beach.
In the freakin rain, for the better part of 2005.
we've had almost 10 inches of rain this month alone.
I set a 5 gallon plastic container out in the yard last friday and its 2/3s full from the rain.
But the lawn and camilias and roses are lovin it!
Slowly working on my 60 Elky, when it's not raining...it's under a 20x20 tarp/pole tent in the driveway and that doesn't keep rain out much, just the hot sun, when there is any.

Put a fresh 350 in it, went thru the T350 trans. rebushed the suspension front and rear and cut two coils out both ends.
replacing the rusted out floors now and slowly geting the left fender wheel opening flare back into proper shape where a thrown steel belt accordioned the inner fender panel and took the fender with it. I'd just replace it but it's not rusty and I've got it close now. I made a template off the right fender to check the contour from top to bottom.
I think I'm going to have to put casters on the rear of the frame to get it down my steep driveway, across the deep gutter, and onto the high crown street.
It be loooow!

The Azure Troika 40 GMC is now my daily driver, and is in the driveway all the time, so I can use it, daily.
Its running fine but all the rain is taking it's toll on the bed wood.
I can't seem to get varnish here any more that isnt low VOC mierta, and, well, the wood is starting to look like a typical old woody's wood.
The "new formula" varnishes don't shine and the actually peel.
Ive never had that happen. I don't think it's even real varnish any more.

Enough about me, I gotta go hunt down which "safe place" I hid the box of pinewood derby cars in...
 :(  :roll:  :D

kroozn

Oh, I see you have been busy!

And trying to keep dry.
We have had more than our share of rain in Vegas too.
The desert is turning green here :)

I thought you just didn't come around here because Nasty41 wasn't here to do battle with anymore

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

DrJ

Quote from: "kroozn"Oh, I see you have been busy!

And trying to keep dry.
We have had more than our share of rain in Vegas too.
The desert is turning green here :)

I thought you just didn't come around here because Nasty41 wasn't here to do battle with anymore

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Yep,
We spent the last four days of January in DEATH VALLEY!
Touristing and hiking.
It's been raining so much there the whole valley is growing wild flowers, except for the Badwater salt flats which is a salt lake the whole width of the vally floor, yep, a salt flat in California.
That's at 282 feet below sea level...bet that would be nice dense air for racing!!!! cept it's only five miles the long way and rough as hell, (is hades ok?) and it's a National Monument you can't even walk on...
In the ranger station museum I saw a picture of the Est.1933 park's first patrol car...
Yep, a '32 Ford 3 window coupe!!! with one of them farmer style accessory style pick up beds in the trunk and a tow hitch under the gas tank instead of a bumper.
No, No one knows what happened to it..
:(

I'll see if Wife has some pics of DV I can e mail ya... later..

I never did battle with N41...I was just play-sparring! :lol:

hotrodbob

Been on the road with Generous Motors. been home 2 weeks total since the new year. Leave for Indy on Sunday, then to Vegas. I'll get back change cars and head to the March meet. Change clothes and off to Louisville and Orlando.

Bought a "A" Roadster for the youngin and was towing it home when you past me on the 605. Never could catch ya. Wanted to have it drivin by now, but I haven't been home enough. Get a breat in mid May until August maybe. If you can get the track to me at the office (when I'm here) I can get it home. We will talk and we do have time.

The yougin is workin at Hollywood Hotrods now. Had a small hand it the cars that were built for Rides, but got cut outta the TV show. He was bumbed out.

Quote from: "kroozn"
Quote from: "DrJ"Bob,
My track is available if you want to use it.
Just let me know and I'll figure out how and when to bring it up there.

Where you been?
You've been MIA from here almost as much as me and HRBob

:lol:
Hotrodbob
Have Mouth, Will Travel.
http://www.bob-beck-motorsportsannouncing.com/

DrJ

Quote from: "hotrodbob"
Bought a "A" Roadster for the youngin and was towing it home when you past me on the 605. Never could catch ya. Wanted to have it drivin by now, but I haven't been home enough. Get a breat in mid May until August maybe. If you can get the track to me at the office (when I'm here) I can get it home. We will talk and we do have time.

The yougin is workin at Hollywood Hotrods now. Had a small hand it the cars that were built for Rides, but got cut outta the TV show. He was bumbed out....

That is a bummer, being cut out of the TV show like that.
Sorta like seeing some event coverage and seeing a picture of the car you know you were parked next to in a picture and recognizing just the wheel of your car where the picture ends...
Especially if it happens over and over...
Every talented person deserves their 15 minutes of fame.
Shoot, even just nice people deserve their 15 minutes.
After all, so many untalented, and sometimes mean people get way more than their share..!

I found the box with the pinewood derby stuff in it.
It was "hiding" behind my '57 Schwinn Corvette in Wife's art studio.
It's been sitting in the same spot, I assume, since the last time we ran the cars which was at an Association for Professional Model Makers convention in Pasadena CA the weekend between 9-11 and the Las Vegas Nostalgia drags, when we had the BBQ at Kroozn1's shop.
I gotta inventory that room some day!
I have an accurate postage scale for weighing in for anyone who wants to actually run official weight and dimension rules, instead of just "exhibition runs"

Bob,
The zip disk I had EVERYTHING on died and I no longer have addresses and phone numbers, (or my resumes, or any business stuff) so I'll Email you my cell phone number so we can arrange transport sometime between now and June.