Buick

Started by enjenjo, March 18, 2009, 09:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Since the AC compressor is 45 years old, and I want to convert to R134, I went looking for a new compressor. This has an A6 compressor, new they are about $450. Remaned they are about $250. I bought a Sanden 510, new with a 1 year warranty for $140. Watch buying them on the Internet, some of the ads say "Sanden 508/510 type". These are Chinese knockoffs of a Sanden compressor.

So the new compressor has not come in yet, I dug a used one out of stock, and am using that to fabricate a bracket that will fit the A6 mount. I'll post some pictures.

The steering column tube is modified for no shifter, primed, and needs one more blocking before paint. I will put a base coat on before assembly, then finish paint it assembled.

I installed a new receiver drier on the AC and have all the lines run except two, waiting on fittings for those.

I installed the front bumper yesterday, had to wait until I had some help to do it.

A truck coming in this weekend for a front clip, and a 4 ladder bar rear. I have to make some more parts money. Then after that an engine /disc brake conversion on a 60 Ford.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

Frank, I need a new compressor for the cpe. Where did you find the Sanden for $140?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

Quote from: "phat rat"Frank, I need a new compressor for the cpe. Where did you find the Sanden for $140?

Sent you a PM.

enjenjo

AC compressor bracket is done. I use a piece of 2" by 5" tubing, and a piece of 4" by 4" tubing. After the pictures, I dressed the welds, blasted them, and sent out for powder coating.