Buick

Started by enjenjo, March 18, 2009, 09:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

bosch....    want one if i can find one... there are a ton of bent range rovers in the scrap yards here... i may just drop one in my shopping cart anyway.. could be good for fixing pistachios.

enjenjo

Quote from: "wayne petty"bosch....    want one if i can find one... there are a ton of bent range rovers in the scrap yards here... i may just drop one in my shopping cart anyway.. could be good for fixing pistachios.

If we can do better on the price, yes.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

wayne petty

i'll be going back in a few days...   i need a spindle for a 62 lancer wagon...i am also going to convert the lancer to self adjusting brakes...  

they usually get 29 bucks for an electronic distributer.. so they go quick...

there are crews of workers there taking stuff off  and distributers are one of them... but i will see..

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=a+foreign+auto+wrecking+++sun+valley+ca&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&cid=11305903398114506813&li=lmd

it a bring your own tools place...   when the map link above loads... change it over to sat view... and zoom in... you  might see me waving...

river1

Quote from: "wayne petty"
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=a+foreign+auto+wrecking+++sun+valley+ca&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&cid=11305903398114506813&li=lmd

it a bring your own tools place...   when the map link above loads... change it over to sat view... and zoom in... you  might see me waving...

is that you by the red car?
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

enjenjo

phat46

Sure is purty Frank, lloks right at home there. Did you take the engine out to the car or the car up to the engine?   :D

enjenjo

Took the car up to the engine. Buick is in the front garage, right next to the TV.

enjenjo

Been working on it this week between every thing else. Getting stuff done a bit at a time.

I made a TV cable bracket, and got that hooked up, installed a dipstick tube, hooked up the brake booster, and ran some vacuum lines. I still have to replace the fuel lines, they are too small.

I pulled the front suspension apart to replace the spindles with disc brake spindles, both lower ball joints were marginal, so I replaced them too. While I was in there, I cut a coil out of the front springs to lower it. I know it will ride a bit harder, but I felt it was too soft before, so this should help.

The evaporator is fixed, ready to go back in, but the rubber drain tube is bad, and I have to figure out what to replace it with.

I have two sets of exhaust manifolds, one real nice set I bought out west, and a crappy set I took off a parts car. Guess which ones I can find? I'm still looking.

39deluxe

It looked really nice when I  was over there last week.  The booster and mc have a detailed look that sets them apart from all the chrome and polish stuff out there. I painted mine in cast grey like the engine. Also the heater box.

I spent over a week making one good heater assembly out of 3 junkers I had so I feel your pain there. One day I thought I'd go out to the shop and whip that heater together since I had the new seal kit for it. Didn't work out quite like that.

I'm jealous of your Offy valve covers. I wanted a pair in a bad way to go with the Offy intake but I just couldn't spend the money when there is still so much else I need for the truck. I bought a pair of smooth polished Billet Specialties from Summit for a a good price and they will go on when I'm done banging around in there.

I'll be interested to see how your TBI install goes.  I'm still clinging to carbs but maybe one of these days...

Tom

enjenjo

That looks nice. Lots of detail, I like that.

wayne petty

i finally got past the import junk yard... and walked past the range rovers... all the distributers were long gone... even the one with fire damage under the hood i snapped a quick pict...   seems that range rover hides velosity stacks under the upper intake plenum...

enjenjo

I got the brakes together this week, it fought me all the way but it's done. I made  a new evaporator drain out of a section of bicycle inner tube, looks almost original. So that is in now too.

enjenjo

Well, I finally got back to the Buick. After trying to fabbricate two different trans crossmembers, I decided the original would probably work better. It only took a week of looking to find one of the two I have here. A day to modify it, another day to "adjust" it, and it's finally in. So today I hunted up a driveshaft for it, got that cleaned and new Ujoints in it, after I paint it, that can go in.

The differential pinion seal was leaking, so a new seal is ordered, be here in the morning.

enjenjo

I'm back on the Buick. For the first time since may.I got the starter in and wired, right exhaust manifold in, and the pipe hooked up. Not much but every bit helps.

Mac

Any progress on the dizzy quandry?
Not pushing, just anxious to see what you work out for engine management.
Who\'s yer Data?