2024: What are you doing today?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2024, 07:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

TEAM SMART

chimp koose

I was blown away at lunch today when ALL of the shop teachers I have taught with over the last 19 years showed up for a surprise lunch to wish me well as I retire this friday . The only one who could not attend sent well wishes from her new home 2 provinces away . Two of these guys I first taught with 32 years ago and both are retired. I was humbled by the show of appreciation  :'(

kb426

That was nice, C.K. Did anybody bring metalflake? LOL.
TEAM SMART

jaybee

That's awesome, Chimp, a lifetime of service, noticed and recognized.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

idrivejunk

Very awesome.  :D

There should have been a glitter shower or metalflake cannon. Maybe you can do that at some of the attendees's retirement parties.

HACK Shack is in it's 20th year. Nothing planned but I thought a roundup of past jobs, a mini car show, would be appropriate. Nah.

Recieved an enormous Dynacorn order yesterday, a whole 71 GMC longbed minus chassis, hood, cab and cowl. Plus stuff for a wrecked Camaro. That was fun and the cardboard mountains even more so.

But I finished up rust repair on left side of cab yesterday.

Mom got the insurance offer on her totaled RAV4 yesterday too.

I successfully got my birth certificate and new SS card application was approved yesterday in anticipation of driver's license renewal next week. First thing this week was a forced apology using boss-scripted words to another 30 something employee who knows all. Not as bad as the last face spit party.

Oh yay, power just went out. Strong storm this morning.
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: chimp koose on June 25, 2024, 11:16:49 PMI was blown away at lunch today when ALL of the shop teachers I have taught with over the last 19 years showed up for a surprise lunch to wish me well as I retire this friday . The only one who could not attend sent well wishes from her new home 2 provinces away . Two of these guys I first taught with 32 years ago and both are retired. I was humbled by the show of appreciation  :'(

Nice to hear the folks came to see you retire.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

Juice was off for a super inconveniently timed half hour. All the boxes from yesterday at the shop were scattered and soggy so I've spent the morning hauling those off. Been a long day already but I got to drive a stick a few miles. Been a longer time since that. I have the front right pan screwed in the GMC but major mismatch at tunnel, uh-oh.
Matt

chimp koose

Thanks guys , I really needed to share that as it meant so much to me . I attended grad today , 2 of my kids are off to take machining at a tech college. That is 19 years straight where at least one kid (best was 4 ) goes on to trade school to take up machining . I probably should have kept track of how many went on to trade school just in case I needed to justify my programs existence . Now it does not matter .

idrivejunk

Threads broke off the air hose today and I caught the hose end in the face. Then it dented the cab roof a couple times as I applied direct pressure to the bleeding. Neato. It was sort of like being clubbed with a mace.
Matt

58 Yeoman

^^OUCH!^^ Hope you're okay, Matt.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

idrivejunk

Seems ok now, just ugly and theres another hard hit to the head for my body to remember always.Threaded ends on those hoses are crimped... aluminum or pot metal. Whatever went wrong with chrome DeVilbiss hose ends and red 1/4" hose with brass Milton couplers? Must have worked too good.
Matt

jaybee

idrivejunk

Yepper. Much better today, thanks. May as well post some bodywork as thread bleach. I was ready to fit R cab corner then try on new doors.

Matt

chimp koose

IDJ I had a student years ago who managed to get a car wash wand whipping around in the car wash bay . smacked him a few times and beat on the car a bit .

jaybee

I hope all of the Rodding Roundtable knights have had a good Independence Day. It's always a good time to relax, enjoy times with people who are important to us, and take stock in the things that are important in life.