2024: What are you doing today?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2024, 07:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I wired in a disconnect switch on the 2 ga battery cables to my 3k Inverter on the RV.  I installed the switch on the negative side.  The Inverter for some reason would randomly turn on and go into standby mode. That would drain my 2 batterys since the covered parking the RV sits at, reduced the useful sunlight to keep the batterys charged.

1st photo shows the gray box 3k watt Inverter at the top. Red switch lever is below it. Next to the switch is the Jaboni solar charge controller.

Switch is rated at 275 amps.. continuous. 325 amp surge for a few seconds.  The system should never come near those levels of amps from the batterys.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

I secured the bumper cover on rear of my folks' SUV at lunch and et shop pizza. Screwed a new drip rail on the GMC job, did other cab and fender stuff. Climbed house and cleaned gutters when I got home. They were new last year but an entire ecosystem evolved in there. More rain n storms ahead. Then I pulled weeds while two loose cats observed. Longest short week ever, just due to worry. :arrow:
Matt

idrivejunk

Folks got power back today!  :)

Onward :arrow:

I shaved a blower hole.
Matt

kb426

TEAM SMART

jaybee

Wow, bad storms there, Matt. The whole tornado season has been bad.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

Still kinda looking at enclosed trailers.  Dual axle 18 to 20 footer.  Few and far between with  when I find one local..  Prices seem very high to me.

I looked into converting a RV trailer of old age to an enclosed trailer.   I can find old 5th wheel trailer RV for $800 to $1300.  Seems like a lot of work to gut the interior, remove the systems.  Build a door or doors on the rear end.  Floor would need added onto for strength, like 3/4 plywood tongue and groove?
Tony

idrivejunk

Quote from: jaybee on May 31, 2024, 07:52:49 PMWow, bad storms there, Matt. The whole tornado season has been bad.

Yep they pegged the death toll at ten and the 1.8 mile wide one set a state record.

Yard work consumed the weekend but did not even include mowing the front yard. I am too used up to maintain anything that I have and can't imagine how I got any of it nor how to keep it or get rid of it. Life is just all only all work and I fall short of all minimum demands now. Uh-oh.

At least my yard and car weren't both wiped out in one week and I wasn't killed in my sleep by a tree. I have it so good. :)

Big firewall holes are next to go according to coworker consensus.
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

We hired on at a food store (Not Walmart) here this morning. We Used the self serve isle for certain reasons.

It seems if you do not follow procedure, the check out system gets upset and wants to reset. Because we were not scanning 1 item. Place 1 item into a bag at a time.  THen remove the bag and place in the cart via telling the system what you are doing.  We have used the Walmart system and it works waaaaay easier.

My wife was so whizzed off , she stopped listening to me or the store employee.  The store employee stepped up and finished scanning. She scanned the four  6 packs of soda and then had to tell the system each scan the item was placed directly in the cart. LOL

I explained to store employee that she would Never see us again in the self serve area.

:o
Tony

idrivejunk

Matt

kb426

Matt, that sure beats filling 6 small holes. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Its like Doc Adams once told Festus: "Why use just one perfectly good sentence when half a dozen will do?" :lol:

More, larger holes being filled :arrow:

Past project progress, (or lack thereof)

...and hey dig the swoopy running board across the way.  :)
Matt

kb426

TEAM SMART

jaybee

Oooh, me likey those running boards!
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

idrivejunk

I like how it echoes the contour of the stake pockets and I like the step following the cab side but I'd have liked it even more with a wider radius at the outer edge. The doors are suicide and the bottleneck can hopefully discourage stepping over the boards upon entry / exit. I am sure the whole thing will be a hit but "theres only so much a guy can do with the front end on those".

I got the 71 GMC cab corner clamped on but the bottom flange lacks much in the fit department.
Matt