2020 .. What are you doing today?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2020, 09:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Hi..  It has been an interesting 3 weeks back at my former employer.  I am working 4 days a week , 6 to 7 hours a day.  Altho I worked 5.5 hours today (friday)  with a lunch in there.

Plenty of work load to deal with.   One fellow got po'd  at the bizness owner on wednesday  and quit thursday morning.  It was not a great loss to be honest.

I am trying to take things easy..  not stress out on stuff.  ALtho I have been given several problem transmissions that required sorting out..
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Carps

Howdy gang, just figured I'd pop by and say Gidday.

Nuthin much happening at all down this a ways.  We're in the third week of our second wave lockdown, the first was bad enough but that's to a bunch of inconsiderate mindless morons the thing has taken off again and we've got three or four times the problem and death rate that we had first go around.

For me it's like solitary confinement.  No visitors allowed only reason to be out in public is gathering food, headed to work, helping the needy/elderly or exercise.   Must wear a mask if outside and cannot venture out of your postal code area.

Been no car guy activities here since March.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

enjenjo

Charlie Chops stopped by today , and we had a good conversation. Shelby came by to see him too.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

That was fun Frank and Shelby....it's always nice the see one of my extended family grand daughters.  And to chat with Frank. Always something interesting going on in Frank's shop. Gt a bit if a Jaguar independent front suspension seminar.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

WZ JUNK

I read the internet site Bangshift each morning.  (right after I check in on the rrt)  https://bangshift.com/.    It is the latest news in the automotive aftermarket world along with a lot of general auto information and links to video of events.  This morning they are featuring my ad to sell the Ranger truck that I built over the last winter.  I was pleasantly surprised and thankful for the attention.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

58 Yeoman

Cool. Now have another website to visit daily. Thanks.

I had 3 Rangers, all with the 4.0L V6, never saw an inline 6. LOL.

"This beast, however, is something else altogether. The biggest engine offered at the time was the 4.0L inline-six, an updated version of the Cologne V6 that had been in use since 1962."
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

lofat46

Gave the coupe a once over today, topped off the gas and getting it ready to head to Louisville on Wednesday. Going to feel good hitting the road for a long overdue road trip.

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "Carps"Howdy gang, just figured I'd pop by and say Gidday.

Nuthin much happening at all down this a ways.  We're in the third week of our second wave lockdown, the first was bad enough but that's to a bunch of inconsiderate mindless morons the thing has taken off again and we've got three or four times the problem and death rate that we had first go around.

For me it's like solitary confinement.  No visitors allowed only reason to be out in public is gathering food, headed to work, helping the needy/elderly or exercise.   Must wear a mask if outside and cannot venture out of your postal code area.

Been no car guy activities here since March.

Nice to hear from you Peter. Glad you are doing well. Although we have some restrictions it's not insurmountable if one is careful. I will say though, I don't like being in the target group.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

enjenjo

Last thursday I drove up to the Detroit area and picked up a bunch of Jag parts and several sets of wheels. My younger brother went with me, he new nothing about Jaguars when we left his house, by the time I dropped him off on the way back he had bought both a front end and a rear end from me, both from an XJ6.

So I brought the truck and trailer home and unloaded all but the stuff he bought. So sunday afternoon I hauled them over to his house. On the way there I came to his street, turned the corner and saw the rear end fall off  the trailer. I hit the brakes and the front end came over the trailer between the trailer and the truck. Fortunately several people stopped to help me get them reloaded and in five minutes I was on my way for the last half mile. Both the hold down straps I had on them were still there, but both were broken. :x

Even when I am not trying I get drama. :D
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

^^^
Shall we put orange safety cones around you? :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Swapped a fender on a 2020 F350 yesterday, took about 3 hrs. I thought I had gotten out of collision work in time to avoid ever touching an aluminum truck but one found me.
Matt

kb426

This morning I planted and rolled the yard. After lunch I watered. It's about time to get back to something more enjoyable. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

More shipping SNAFU stuff..

My wife had a UPS package she was waiting on.  Tracking indicated delivered. Nothing was here and since my wife still works at home, that seemed odd.

She called the vendor. Another item shipped No charge. That package arrived fine.  Thursday my wife receives a phone call from a neighbor on the next street west of us.  She has the first package. It was incorrectly delivered to her house a week ago and she never paid attention to it, never opened it, never read the label till thursday morning.

Chatting with some friends , they all have stories on shipping mistakes.  :!:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

My daughter is getting married today (saturday) I will be busy with the wedding .  :D

phat46

Quote from: "chimp koose"My daughter is getting married today (saturday) I will be busy with the wedding .  :D

Congratulations, always a memorable day.😀