Anyone use a power seat?

Started by chopped, February 09, 2009, 07:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chopped

All the wires are the same size, I took the cover off the seat and Honda is stamped on it. But the switch has Korea on it. I suppose it could still be Dodge.

wayne petty

ok... honda...

this is one i  found...

http://econtent.autozone.com:24991/znetrgs/repair_guide_content/en_us/images//0900c152/80/02/13/c9//large/0900c152800213c9.gif

still

i wonder if there  if the seat switch is still connected to the motors......

there are so many models of hondas.. with power seats...

got a better image of the seat bottom.. one with more detail... check your pm.. for my direct email ... so you can send it at high resolution..

chopped

[/img]I think I traced all the wires. Three motors with two wires each, they all go to the switch on the right. No other wires go there. The plug has ten wires, five go to other places(pump,seatbelt etc)three become two (brown). and go to #2 switch. A yellow and a red go to #2 switch. The pic is too small to se anything, it's just a box with the plug in's at each end. The switches seen in the other pic are on the other side.  Wayne, I'm working on the E-mail, it keeps locking me up. Seems like this dosen't help much.

wayne petty

Quotetraced all the wires. Three motors with two wires each, they all go to the switch on the right. No other wires go there. The plug has ten wires, five go to other places(pump,seatbelt etc)three become two (brown). and go to #2 switch. A yellow and a red go to #2 switch. The pic is too small to se anything, it's just a box with the plug in's at each end.

i would say... that if you hook power to the red and ground to the yellow that  you will have power to move the seat...  

link in this diagram from above for the 2002 voyager
http://econtent.autozone.com:24991/znetrgs/repair_guide_content/en_us/images//0900c152/80/21/e3/6a//large/0900c1528021e36a.gif

look carefully see if there are any air bag warnings on the seat cover...

the extra wires might be for seat heaters ... and the ones for the air compressor are to turn the pump on... and to deflate it also...

sounds like you have most of it handled ....   you probably want a 30 or 40 amp circuit breaker to power it...    with 10 gauge wire to it...

chopped

Maybe it's getting close. There is a tag on the seat that says "side air bag" I hoped it ment in the door somewhere,  But in case I blow myself up, thanks for all the help guys.

wayne petty

Quote from: "chopped"Maybe it's getting close. There is a tag on the seat that says "side air bag" I hoped it ment in the door somewhere,  But in case I blow myself up, thanks for all the help guys.

that might be fun to hook up to the car alarm...

most of the air bag stuff is on its own connector...  i am so glad you did not just hook power to things to test them..

doing so ... would have blown it up...

i have not a clue how easy it is to remove the air bag device.. sounds like it is sewn into the cover.. awaiting for that instant it is needed...

chopped

i have not a clue how easy it is to remove the air bag device..

I was going to unplug everything except the motor for the up and back, think that's safe?

wayne petty

the air bag connectors may have gold plated contacts in the connector body...

Leon

GM uses a bright yellow cable and connectors for airbags, not sure if that is their convention or an industry thing.

chopped

Quote from: "Leon"GM uses a bright yellow cable and connectors for airbags, not sure if that is their convention or an industry thing.

This seat has a yellow cable.

papastoyss

Quote from: "chopped"
Quote from: "Leon"GM uses a bright yellow cable and connectors for airbags, not sure if that is their convention or an industry thing.

This seat has a yellow cable.
The yellow cable for air bag wiring is pretty much industry wide. I would remove the seat cover & try to remove the air bag before I hooked any wires to anything.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

model a vette

If you have the switch which plugs into the connector you should not have to worry about which wire goes where.
You should just have to find where to supply 12 volts and a ground to the switch.
Ed

Leon

I would think that it goes to a side airbag.  You might want to undo enough of the upholstery to remove it and maybe put some padding in place where it was.

chopped

Quote from: "Leon"I would think that it goes to a side airbag.  You might want to undo enough of the upholstery to remove it and maybe put some padding in place where it was.

I'll think about it before I do anything. I got some help from an unusual source, my wife. She pulls a couple things off the seat and says "Honda o1-o4. van .Let me call someone and get you a diagram. Long time ago she was a Honda parts mgr. , we'll see. I never thought to ask her, it's a guy thing.

wayne petty

here is one of the diagrams for a 2004 honda van

http://econtent.autozone.com:24991/znetrgs/repair_guide_content/en_us/images//0900c152/80/02/0c/9b//large/0900c15280020c9b.gif

here is the air bag diagram for a 2003 and 2004 honda mini van.

http://econtent.autozone.com:24991/znetrgs/repair_guide_content/en_us/images//0900c152/80/02/0d/5c//large/0900c15280020d5c.gif