Anyone use a power seat?

Started by chopped, February 09, 2009, 07:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

ok... not an electrician ...   got wood????

several things... is there a switch on the side of the seat that the motor connector plugs into???/

do you just want to move the seats to one position.. where they will stay after you install them??????

if you do not have the seat switch.. you will need one of these for each motor you want to operate.

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/STS-125/DPDT-ON-OFF-ON-TOGGLE-SWITCH/1.html

you might want to print the info on this switch from the website linked above so you can get the right switch.. there are so many options...

most electric supplys will have them... if you are lucky..  this is spring loaded to return to center..

if you want to move one motor ...

you can take a pair of wires...   hook one end to a battery.. the other end with just a tiny bit stripped back you can use to probe the pair of wires to each seat motor to make it move...    reverse the wires to make it go back and forth... this is just to move them

i usually  do it with my battery booster box... and a pair of test leads off my digital volt meter...

so a little more info  is needed...

if you need info on how to wire a switch ask .. you will get an answer...

chopped

Quote from: "enjenjo"I'm going out on a limb here. Are these bucket seats?

Yup

enjenjo

Quote from: "chopped"
Quote from: "enjenjo"I'm going out on a limb here. Are these bucket seats?

Yup

Ok, I am guessing that there are 10 wires because you can control both seats from the drivers side. Trace out each of the 10 wires. eliminate any that connect to a motor. There should be two wires left that only connect to the switch. that would be your power and ground.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chopped

All day but it worked.

chopped

Only the drivers seat has power, I suppose there is a way to put all three pics in one reply but this was enough of a challange.

chopped

enjenjo

The plug looks like a Ford plug. Wayne may have an All Data link.

If there was only one seat with power, there may be 10 wires for a memory module. Is there a part number or logo on the harness?

chopped

enjenjo

Quote from: "chopped"Nothing

That sucks. The plug looks just like the one in my Ford.

wayne petty

wait...   the seat switch is on the side of the seat....   what does that plug into??

is the seat switch connected between that plug and the motors???

so it would be that plug...  to the seat switch... to the motors...

is there any computer box with that seat..

are there any sensors on the seat tracks?????    i have not had to work on any power seats with position memory... for various drivers...

i will continue to search...   most of the stuff i have access to is only drivability...   even my huge selection of printed manuals...

after you look to see if the seat switch is still plugged in...  

take a look at the thick wires from the seat switch to the motors... see if there are just 2 thick wires... that plug into to the car... the round connectors in that multi pin connector don't look like the power connectors.. they look like data sensors...

chopped

Tomorrow I'll unwrap the wires to confirm what the route is. Maybe some numbers will show up under the wrapping.

wayne petty

wow i edited while you posted...   just where the connectors and wires go.. you really don't need to unwrap them...

so see if there there are 2 thick wires in that connector...

or in another connector...

reborn55

The connectors look similar to the ones on my Mark Vll seats.  I have wiring diagram for those if you want to try them(if murphy hasn't stole them).  Can try to scan or make a copy and send to you.

Fat Cat

I suspect that the reason there are so many wires is because the harness plugs into the body computer of the car they came out of. This would allow for multiple memory positions for the seats for multiple drivers. They store the locations in the body computer and the added wire would allow the computer to send information to the various motors to move the seat fore and aft and up and down.

wayne petty

here is the diagram for the seats without memory...

http://econtent.autozone.com:24991/znetrgs/repair_guide_content/en_us/images//0900c152/80/21/e3/6a//large/0900c1528021e36a.gif

this looks like it with the memory module.. looks like the memory module is also hooked to the mirror

http://econtent.autozone.com:24991/znetrgs/repair_guide_content/en_us/images//0900c152/80/21/e3/6b//large/0900c1528021e36b.gif

i think your wiring is there...    for the seat switch..

i found the above at the autozone web site...  2000 to 2004 caravan... voyager...

there are about 20 or so more diagrams.. but of the few i looked at ...these are probably it...