Started by enjenjo, January 10, 2009, 08:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Tonight at 9 pm works for me. I'm all for Crosley's credit card myself. :D
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

unklian

Quote from: "enjenjo"I'm all for Crosley's credit card myself. :D

Should that be put to a vote, or are you
just going to make an "executive decision" ?

);b(

unklian

Quote from: "GPster"If it starts out and stays as a drag car I think the Crosley has a nostralgic flare with it and I like the uniqueness of a big six. If we ever were going to try Bonneville I see us getting in over our head real quick with a Crosley because of the classes. I would'nt think it would run any engine without a re-designed/lengthened hood and ....

The nose can be stretched and modified,
for Bonneville, in Competition Coupe.
The roof can also be chopped, engine set back, etc.

A '48 Crosley would be legal in Vintage, a '52 Henry J would compete against much newer, more aerodynamic bodies.

Unless they made a '48 Henry J. :idea:

enjenjo

we had a good chat, didn't solve many problems, but did come up with some good ideas. I sent a copy of the chat to several members that seemed interested, any one else that wants a copy, PM me, and I'll send it to you.

A synopsis of the chat, we discussed selling shares in the car to finance it. Still no decision on a body style. We pretty much agreed that it would be a drag car with an eye to Bville later if possible. If shares are sold, it would be set up with a board of directors to design and oversee the build of the car.

Let us know if there are any questions.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

unklian

'58 Fiat 1100 sedan on Ebay

auction # 130282695186

Located in LOS ANGELES CALIF

unklian

Ebay # 190281626121

'87 Honda CRX  
Greenville, OH
Buy it now $550

Small, light, pretty decent aerodynamics, priced reasonable,

not too high on the "cool scale" though.

GPster

Quote from: "unklian"http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/992593297.html
Volvo Amazon in Ohio $2K
I spent a little time yesterday trying to tie my Volvo idea to a model. What I was talking about was a '47 to '58 (?) Volvo PV444. That body style was continued til '62 (?) as a PV544 but had  one piece curved windshield that would make it harder to chop than the earlier models 2 piece windshield with flat glass. These things are uni-body but if you were to build a frame under it that shouldn't matter. Google Volvo PV444 and you'll find pictures. I know where there is one but I'm still temporarily vehicle-less. I also know where there is at least one Crosley wagon (may be a '51) and another place where there is one sedan but the sedan has been in visual range at least 30 years and hasn't been moved. I've also heard of a restorer's collection of Crosleys and parts that has become the possession of a retired (?) used car dealer. None of his possessions are hitting the local market so I need to find more about them by word of  mouth investigation. 50 degrees today will be a work on the truck day. 31 degrees and wife/weekend will probably only leave me with ideas til a snowy freezing Monday. GPster

unklian

unklian

Crosley.In.AZ

I do not see the Volvo car as a viable option  for this project.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

HotRodLadyCrusr

Pehaps auctions can be used to raise money as well.  Someone has something they no longer needs/wants so they auction it off on the RRT with all the funds going directly into an RRT Project Paypal acct.  Once the money is received in the acct the item is shipped to it's new owner on the dime of the old owner.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.