69 Mach 1

Started by enjenjo, October 08, 2008, 09:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

the last of the points on the front end are just ahead of the shock tower, I bolted and angle to them, and welded tubing from them to the 3" tubing.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

I then finished cross bracing the body so I could remove the floor.

BFS57

Hello;
WOW! That is some really great work. I said it before and I'll say it again, I wish you were in Florida! Plenty of rusty cars here need this kind of attention. I can't hardly wait to see the finished product although that might be some time coming, I am sure that the owner of this car will be greatly pleased with what you have done!

Bruce

enjenjo

I spent the week cutting out the rusty parts, there were a bunch of them :shock:  It was made harder because there was some parts I had to save, the seat reinforcements, Ebrake brackets, ect.  Most of it was cut with a plasma cutter, a few places I had to use a spot weld cutter. I still have a bunch of cleanup to do, removing strips of metal that are spot welded to the rocker boxes, ext.

No pictures, I broke the camera :shock: New one should be here soon. The old one only lasted 9 years.

enjenjo

Borrowed a camera for this week. I spent a couple days cutting out the bad parts. It was complicated by the fact the owner wanted to save the original seat mounts, and core support.

enjenjo

I have some rust repair to do on the right lower cowl, just a small patch.

enjenjo

Spent a couple hours cutting the core support out of the front end, and another hour doing repairs to it.

enjenjo

Here is a better picture of the Rt front of the jig, with the old body parts out of the way.

enjenjo

This is another jig I made to hold the front end parts in alignment while they are welded back together. There are some more pieces to be added before it's put back on the car.

enjenjo

Amother view of the jig. bolted in 5 places on eack side, ans two on the front.

Danimal

The boys and I were out last weekend and I've got to say it is a nice set up that Frank has on this car. The body isn't going anywhere even though the floor is out and the quarters and wheel wells have seen the light. I think I'll pay lots of attention to how he did this if I ever get the inertia to move on one of my truck cabs out here!

Jbird

The 67 I was gonna slice and dice like Frank, my hero, is doing has been slid onto the back burner. I just hope the economy hasn't eaten another job.

Jbird  8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

enjenjo

Well, I worked on it last week, got all the bad pieces cut out and the mating surfaces cleaned up. I have a couple patches to make for the drivers side rocker box, too much rust to reuse it. the front suspension is welded up, ready to go back on.

enjenjo

Here is the front suspension, all ready to go back in.

enjenjo

And here is the last rust patch, ready to weld in.