69 Mach 1

Started by enjenjo, October 08, 2008, 09:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

You guys interested in seeing what I am doing to this Mustang? It's a chassis restoration, replacing the whole car in front of the firewall, and most of the floor. If you are interested, I'll post pictures of how I am jigging it to keep it straight.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

34ford

GPster

Wouldn't a straight front axel,engine set back25% and "tubbing it be easier? get the owner to sign up and we'll talk to him. GPster

MrMopar64

Quote from: "34ford"I'm in  :D

What he said!!!  :D

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

phat46

Oh yeah, bring on the pics. The Mustang I am painting for a friend started out the same way. The guy bought a '65 Mustang, a former drag car and basically rebuilt it. He replaced the roof, both doors, the front fenders, the trunk lid, the rear quarters, everything in front of the firewall, the cowl and all the floors...would have been way cheaper to buy a nice driver and put his 302 in that!   :D  :D  :D

sirstude

Yes please post them, I like the stuff you post, very informative.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Okiedokie

PLEASE_PLEASE_PLEASE

purplepickup

Yup, I always enjoy and learn from your project posts.  

Are the chassis on the new Mustangs close enough dimensionally that you could fit a 69 body to it?  I see there is an article on doing that to a '65 here:  http://horsepowersports.com/sn65-1965-mustang-body-2003-chassis/

Frank's answer:  Not really, and the 65 Body did not fit easily either. Anything can be done if you want to spend enough time. I once saw a 34 Ford that had the entire chassis made from stainless steel. Everything, frame rails, spindles, tie rod ends, driveshaft, yokes, every bolt nut and washer were stainless steel. It took two guys 11 years to build it. Never really saw the point.
George

slocrow

Absolutely do a follow along, teach thing. After all, your sponsors need the clicks.......... :lol:
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

rumrumm

Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

348tripower

Don Colliau

jaybee

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

river1

if you must :roll:  :roll:
i'm lookin forward to it :D

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Jbird

I'd like to place my picture order now.......I'm starting a very similar resto project on a 67coupe in the next week or so. Someone has already cut a bunch of the floor out of the 67 so I get to square up whats left before I start replacing stuff. We're not gonna use the stock suspension so I should be able to cheat a bit here and there. When I get started I'll post some camparision pics in your thread if that's OK.    Jbird
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

enjenjo

Quote from: "Jbird"I'd like to place my picture order now.......I'm starting a very similar resto project on a 67coupe in the next week or so. Someone has already cut a bunch of the floor out of the 67 so I get to square up whats left before I start replacing stuff. We're not gonna use the stock suspension so I should be able to cheat a bit here and there. When I get started I'll post some camparision pics in your thread if that's OK.    Jbird

That would be fine with me. My way is not the only way to do something. Or the best.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.