The future of the RRT

Started by enjenjo, October 07, 2008, 07:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slocrow

"If I had to vote for something it would be for a little bigger picture size allowed."
Good point. What I don't understand with the current set up is how to have an acceptable pic in the thread and then when it's clicked on.........some increase in size.
Oh well, maybe I'll figure it out this winter.....
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "slocrow""If I had to vote for something it would be for a little bigger picture size allowed."
Good point. What I don't understand with the current set up is how to have an acceptable pic in the thread and then when it's clicked on.........some increase in size.
Oh well, maybe I'll figure it out this winter.....

Some folks post small pictures... the board will enlarge them slightly for the thread post.  When you clik on the photo you see a smaller photo ( actual size)

I post the largest photo the board will accept , so when you clik on my photos the actual size is larger than shown in the thread.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

I'm also very happy with the board. since i retired I am on here a lot (too much) I like the classifieds and have used them a few times, but I don't seem to check them as often as i shuld. As far as traffic, to me it seems to come and go in spurts, but I can always count ona quick answer or reply. I have a super secret  :lol: Project that i'm just starting on that i want to document with pictures that I want to share here...all i need is that Model A frame to get started...Like I said at the start of this reply...I'm very happy with this board and appreciate the effort put into it!

Dusty

Frank....
For what it's worth, I belong to 2 other forums having to do with cars and motorcycles, and both of them also have slowed down in participation...
One of them probably on a weekly basis by a half....
Could be the summer, the economic times we are in or something in the air.  
So it's not just this forum.  
And as for change, I'm kinda like the rest ...Change what?  
Things seem to work real well now.  
As Jim said what is available that would be better?

Dusty
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

Ohio Blue Tip

Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

dragrcr50

I really like the slow movement of threads here, the hamb is lost in hours and far too many punks.  as long as i can continue the rivalry with hooley and gang I'm in.....I cant work on my own site and sure can't tell you how to run yours but i would vote for larger pics as well , thanks for all you do man , sam
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

TJ's Dad

My view is as said , If it aint broke , dont fix it !

I have found the forum very good over the years and unlike others there is rarely any bickering , my only problem is deciphering the American language  :lol:  :lol:  :wink:  i s'pose it the same vice versa , but we get there ....... a great site.
I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.

38HAULR

Ditto to the prev post from OZ................Frank.

GPster

One little thing that probably isn't noticed by people that can type faster than me. When I type a message or comment on a forum I hit the button to insert the comment and then try to back up to the Forum and get the message that the Web page is closed. This doesn't happen on another site I comment on as I can back through my replay, through the question/comment and back to the main page. If this is part of the program to deal with SPAM then so be it. Just a question. GPster

enjenjo

Quote from: "GPster"One little thing that probably isn't noticed by people that can type faster than me. When I type a message or comment on a forum I hit the button to insert the comment and then try to back up to the Forum and get the message that the Web page is closed. This doesn't happen on another site I comment on as I can back through my replay, through the question/comment and back to the main page. If this is part of the program to deal with SPAM then so be it. Just a question. GPster

When that comes up, hit refresh and see if that works.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

I think that Joe needs to click on the forum link on the page instead of going back.  By going back then hitting refresh I think it can submit a duplicate message....a double post.  I'm going to try it to see.
George

purplepickup

I think that Joe needs to click on the forum link on the page instead of going back.  By going back then hitting refresh I think it can submit a duplicate message....a double post.  I'm going to try it to see.

Yup, it does.
George

river1

joe does the page say the website is closed or that the page has expired? when i used MS explorer i would get the expired page when going back. if that is what you get keep clicking back til you get where you want to be. i don't get that now that i am using firefox.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

GPster

I don't have photografi memory so I'll have to try it and take notes (and I write slower than I type). Let me get paper and pencil and take notes. GPster

GPster

I don't have photografi memory so I'll have to try it and take notes (and I write slower than I type). Let me get paper and pencil and take notes. GPster