I am building a COE what Dodge van should I use?

Started by 348tripower, July 17, 2008, 11:45:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

2rods

That Dodge looks to be in awesome shape. Good luck with the project. Hope you post pics of the build.

348tripower

Quote from: "phat rat"Looks good. If anyone else is interested in a COE check this out.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=280691

Jack,
 That is a good buy.  I paid quite a bit more for the Dodge. It came with a good title tho. :D
Don
Don Colliau

GPster

I've heard it mentioned that the '48 to '55 AD chevy trucks had a 1 ton pickup with 9' beds. I think any of the fleetside style beds would be out=of-place behind that cab. Might also check Army Surplus auctions as some of their trailer beds might fit that style (or a Troop Carrier?). Certainly looks in decent shape. Nice purchase. GPster

Bruce Dorsi

Well, Don, it appears we share the same nickname!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

chimp koose

just my 2cents, a couple ideas.for a sleeper you could use the doors off OLD refrigerators ,you know the really round ones like everyones favourite garage beer fridge,use them for the sides and fab the rest.some of them even have keyed locks.For the bed how about the box sides from a dually truck with the wide fender extensions.

tomslik

http://www.roddingroundtable.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9003

take a look at the green thing (power wagon) at the end of this thread ands see if you think you like it (the bed).
if you need info,ask now, it's supposed to go away the 1st of the month...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

n.c.rodder

Don,

I snapped the picture of this Chevy last fall in Quincy, IL

I'm not sure what frame he used, but it was a short wheelbase & the engine was up front.

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

Crosley.In.AZ

hey , neat ol truck.

And you letting it get wet?

last item... why did you name your garage after me?

:lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tomslik"

hey, one more thing, run a BIG sway bar on the front....and 2 shocks on each frt wheel.
trust me....they get to wallowing around, or at least mine did at around 100mph..... :shock: they're noisiy at that speed,too...

now that is just crazy to travel at such speeds.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

OldSub

Quote from: "Crosley"now that is just crazy to travel at such speeds.
This one is mine.  Can you see it at Bonneville?

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com . www.MaxwellGarage.com . www.OldGasTowRigs.com

Mac

That's a nice clean looking cab.
About 15 yrs. ago I was hot for a COE and was trying to put a deal together for a Dodge of that same vintage. It was a long wheelbase and had a rusty old well drilling rig on the back. Could of had it for $300 but I cooled on the idea when I looked into the cost of transporting it from 100 miles.
That's another of my one-that-got-away stories.  :cry:

I ended up dragging home a `69 Ford C550 which I never did anything with. Not inspiring enough, I guess.
Who\'s yer Data?

Carnut

Well here's some more Dodge COE's for inspirational purposes.

Guess if you are into counting lugnuts you can see all but one are on fairly heavyduty chassis.

348tripower

Quote from: "Jbird"I got a couple of Ford powertrains that might work for you. One is an 89 E350 van- injected 351w with a C6 trans. The other is an early nineties one ton flatbed dually with a diesel V8 and HD trans. Both run great, the dually needs a steering column before is can be driven to MI. Let me know if you're interested.  Jbird 8)

Thanks Jbird, but the cost to get them to Michigan is prohibitive.
Don Colliau

348tripower

Quote from: "Crosley"hey , neat ol truck.

And you letting it get wet?

last item... why did you name your garage after me?

:lol:

Thanks

I think it's been wet before :D

Something tells me a lot of us share the same name :!:
Don Colliau