Chevelle in flames

Started by 58Apache, June 14, 2008, 02:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

58Apache

Hi guys,
            I have been hanging out here now and then for a few years and Frank (enjenjo) helped me find some parts for my Chevelle. I have been doing a frame-off restore/mod for about 6 years now.

I farmed very few things out, but I did hire an air brush artist to set the Chevelle on fire today.

Here she sits after the final 3 coats of clear tonight in the garage drying. And here's a link to more pics:

http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/csmartin33/?action=view&current=DSC_0993.jpg

Steve

enjenjo

I want to tell you guys how proud Steve can be of himself. I saw this car when he started, it was one most of us would have passed on. And since Steve had never done any of this before, this is his first restoration, first engine build, first paint job, and first hot rod. He has done the biggest share of it on his own, with no hands on help. Outstanding job!!!
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

tom36

I just took a peek at your pic album.  WOW!  What an ambitious project.  Looks very nice and painted black to boot! Really outstanding.  Tom...

Mac

Impressive work and tastey licks 8)
Who\'s yer Data?

58Apache

Thanks Frank and guys.  I did cheat and hire a body guy to help me in my garage with the quarters and a little more. I knew I was in way over my head there. But I took a class in welding, bought a welder, and went to work making mistakes and learning.

The body shop guy taught me a few general body working fundamentals, and with friends, and online advice I got through.

I did get a hand from a few friends along the way, but most of the labor was mine.  Yes, I took my time and put in a lot of hours, to where I felt confident enough to go with Black. This is a driver though and not a "show car".

The flames was my wife and daughter's idea and the airbrush artist here in Ohio gets all the credit. I just paid for them with my yearly bonus :(

I can't wait to get done wet sanding and buffing so I can get to the fun stuff ...ELECTRICAL :)

Hey Frank when you are coming down to go through Mendelson's with me and look over all the local GM plant's excessed tools and supplies? They have automotive wire that's labeled, terminals, cables, tons of stuff. I need an excuse to go again.

Steve

Land Yacht

1965 Impala SS 283/250 -sold- :(
1977 Chevy Caprice -totaled 2005 :(

1999 Chevy S-10 ZR2  Bacon Getter

Danimal

Quote from: "Land Yacht"Killer flames  8)

I'm in on that thought. All I said when I opened the thread was WHOA!

Nice job.

Dave

phat46

Great job, congrats!!!!  :D

enjenjo

QuoteHey Frank when you are coming down to go through Mendelson's with me and look over all the local GM plant's excessed tools and supplies? They have automotive wire that's labeled, terminals, cables, tons of stuff. I need an excuse to go again.

Sounds like I should come down then, huh? I was thinking today as I was building a harness, some of my terminal drawers are getting a bit empty.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Fuzzy

Excellent work!My first attempt never looked that good.Give yourself a big pat on the back.

Fuzzy
No billet for this kid!

58Apache

Jbird

Very very nice, be careful though Team Smart is just a bit uppity about nice.
              goose???     Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

rumrumm

Wow! That is going to look awesome in the sun.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

purplepickup

Steve, when I read the title of this post I thought "Oh no, after all this time and work the Chevelle caught on fire".  Then I saw the pictures.   :shock: Wow!  You done good.   8)  Hope to see it in person sometime.
George