Chevelle in flames

Started by 58Apache, June 14, 2008, 02:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

58Apache

Thanks guys. Like I said I can take no credit for the flames. I do like them though.

Well George, you just MAY get a chance to see it in person. I go to the Nats in Louisville every year. My wife is trying to talk me into driving it down there. I know I can't get it onto the grounds, so I am sure I'd be nervous about leaving it behind. Besides we have to take my truck anyway to get all of the supplies down there, so we'll just have to see if I bring it or not.

Often we meet Frank for a steak dinner while down there. I bought his dinner one year for finding me the parts I wanted. So maybe we can meet up for dinner one night?

I have met a few of you at Enjenjo's hang out now and then. I was hoping to have them at least make it so I could bring in my 58 Apache when it's done. Haven't started yet though. I sure hope it's less work than the Chevelle!

See you guys in August ...unless gas prices keep going up.

Steve

GPster

Quote from: "58Apache"I go to the Nats in Louisville every year. My wife is trying to talk me into driving it down there. I know I can't get it onto the grounds,  Besides we have to take my truck anyway to get all of the supplies down there, so we'll just have to see if I bring it or not.
Steve
Just let her drive it down. Sure looks nice, tell her how good she'll look in it. GPster

58Apache

A friend of mine who has a 67 Chevelle has a son that works at a body shop at a dealership. He's worked his way up from detailer on up through painter.

He painted and sanded & buffed his father's 67 and it looks awesome! I know that with a high speed buffer you can get in trouble in a hurry, and I'm no pro and have no desire to cause myself more problems.

Since he's a young guy with a family I know he could use a few extra bux so we worked out a deal and he has been here at the house for many hours now sanding and then buffing the 69 Chevelle. He's doing one awesome job! Don't ya think?

http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/csmartin33/?action=view&current=DSC_0988.jpg

enjenjo

Quote from: "58Apache"A friend of mine who has a 67 Chevelle has a son that works at a body shop at a dealership. He's worked his way up from detailer on up through painter.

He painted and sanded & buffed his father's 67 and it looks awesome! I know that with a high speed buffer you can get in trouble in a hurry, and I'm no pro and have no desire to cause myself more problems.

Since he's a young guy with a family I know he could use a few extra bux so we worked out a deal and he has been here at the house for many hours now sanding and then buffing the 69 Chevelle. He's doing one awesome job! Don't ya think?

http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/csmartin33/?action=view&current=DSC_0988.jpg

Check your PMs
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Roadstar

Yea I expected to see a burned up car, never a pretty sight.

But those flames on the other hand are quite impressive, nice job so far.

Look forward to seeing the car done.

58Apache