HotRod mag. Power Tour

Started by couper, June 07, 2004, 04:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

couper

.......is in town today (Springfield, Mo.). I ran out to the fairgrounds to check it out. 300-500 cars maybe?
One of the cars on display is a green mustang fastback (67?) that is absolutely gorgeous. Ebay motors emblem on the back.
It sure looked like fun.
Lance

Bib_Overalls

Darwin Allbritton, a friend of mine, is making the run in his stylized replica Studabaker (sp) truck.  Black with dark red flames.  It is built on a late S10 chassisand runs an LS1 motor.  Check it out if you get a chance.  It is a runner for sure.

The Hot Rod Magazine page has daily updates.  

You guys in Springfield got lucky this month.  NSRA Mid-West Nationals last weekend and Power Tour too. Nothing like that ever happens here.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

couper

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"Darwin Allbritton, a friend of mine, is making the run in his stylized replica Studabaker (sp) truck.  Black with dark red flames.  It is built on a late S10 chassisand runs an LS1 motor.  Check it out if you get a chance.  It is a runner for sure.

The Hot Rod Magazine page has daily updates.  

You guys in Springfield got lucky this month.  NSRA Mid-West Nationals last weekend and Power Tour too. Nothing like that ever happens here.
I didn't see him 'Bib', I'm sure he was there somewhere.....too much eye candy to digest in the short time I was there.
You're right. The NSRA nat's, then this tour. We've got a local rodrun down at Rockaway Beach near Branson coming up over Father's Day too.

Dave

Quote from: "couper".......is in town today (Springfield, Mo.). I ran out to the fairgrounds to check it out. 300-500 cars maybe?
One of the cars on display is a green mustang fastback (67?) that is absolutely gorgeous. Ebay motors emblem on the back.
It sure looked like fun.
Lance

I think Foose built the mustang for ebay if i remember right.. I saw it at detroit. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet
Dave

Jimc

I was fortunate enough to be invited to the lunch stop at Odd Rod Creations shop in Carl Junction, Mo.
Not all the cars made the stop, as some went on to Springfield and several stopped at various eating joints in Joplin, Mo.
Met Ron Cerandino and Jack Chisenthal.
MilesM of the H.A.M.B. and his brother were there in a killer black Chevy Convert.
There are some verry nice rides on that tour.
Life in the fast lane aint so great. Just ask the opossum

ONE37TUDOR

Rad rides by Troy built the mustang for Ebay. And you are right it is really well done.
Scott...
SCOTT,  slow moving, slow talking, no typing SCOTT

Nick32Vic

Since were on the subject of the power tour i got a few questions about it.

I want to take my dads car to Gatway Raceway tomorow for the power tour but im not gonna be there long, do i have to pay to get the car in?

Also, If so, how much does it cost?

and, What time will all the cars be there?

THanks

Nick

purplepickup

Quote from: "Nick32vic"I want to take my dads car to Gatway Raceway tomorow for the power tour but im not gonna be there long, do i have to pay to get the car in?

THanks

Nick

Nick, you ain't gonna like this.  The price to take your car in for going to any one of the local stops/shows in $25.  Info is here: http://www.familyevents.com/eventinfo.asp?id=55 .   I don't know what the "walk in" charge is.  In my opinion it isn't worth $25.  I long hauled on Power Tour in '99 and '01 and only went to about half of the shows at the stops.  In those days the travel distance per day was around 400 or 500 miles per day and we were pretty pooped at the end of the day and it felt pretty good to check into the motel, grab a shower, a beer, and hang out in the parking lot & BS about stuff that happened that day.  Some of the shows are just a hassle after being on the road all day.  For a spectator tho it might be the only way to see some of the specialty cars since a few are trailered from stop to stop so they wouldn't be spotted going by on the highway.  Kinda against the grain in my opinion.
George

rooster

Quote from: "Nick32vic"Since were on the subject of the power tour i got a few questions about it.

I want to take my dads car to Gatway Raceway tomorow for the power tour but im not gonna be there long, do i have to pay to get the car in?

THanks

Nick

Local radio says its free to get in and look around, Tuesday night dargs are usally 15 per car, might be more with tour in town! giveem a call! some cars are allready there, radio says starts at noon and ends at 9.

Nick32Vic

Ok, thanks guys. i guess i wont be going.

Nick

purplepickup

Denny might be right about it being free.  I got my info off the website.  It might be worth a call.

Here's a picture of my truck after a day of drag racing at Gateway on Power Tour '99.  That's the challenging part of Power Tour.....you have to be ready for anything. :shock:  

Yup, I finished the tour.  I just had to go a little faster to make up for lost time.

George

Nick32Vic

Whoa! What happened? What did ya break?

Nick

Nick32Vic

Well, i called Gateway, the lady didnt have any idea of how much it costs or anything about it so im not even gonna go. Thanks for the help though guys.

Nick

rooster

Quote from: "rooster"
Quote from: "Nick32vic"Since were on the subject of the power tour i got a few questions about it.

THanks

Nick

Local radio says its free to get in and look around, Tuesday night dargs are usally 15 per car, might be more with tour in town! giveem a call! some cars are allready there, radio says starts at noon and ends at 9.
Each city stop features a host of activities such as special lunch gatherings at local points of interest and sponsored "Cruise Nights" that include everything from BBQs to entertainment. Festivities are free to participants as well as the general public and include hundreds of hot rods, manufacturer displays, product giveaways, and a Dyno Challenge that allows participants to see just how much horsepower is under their hoods. The 2004 HOT ROD Magazine Power Tour travels through the heartland of America with stops at some of the region's most exciting cities and destinations:

Saturday June 5 - Arlington, Texas
Sunday, June 6 - Tulsa, Oklahoma
Monday, June 7 - Springfield, Missouri
Tuesday, June 8 - St. Louis, Missouri
Wednesday, June 9 - Davenport, Iowa
Thursday, June 10 - Chicago, Illinois
Friday, June 11 - Green Bay, Wisconsin

rooster

Quote from: "Nick32vic"Ok, thanks guys. i guess i wont be going.

Nick[/quote

We should be there by 430, If you cange your mind we will be in the 37 coupe