HotRod mag. Power Tour

Started by couper, June 07, 2004, 04:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

I think the confusion lies in the fact that it will cost to get your car into the "festivties for the day ($25.00) looks like this year, use to be $20) whereas it's free just to park away from the area and walk in.  In other words, no charge for spectators.  George is right, it's not worth $25.00 to park your dads car there BUT would be fun to cruz the local motel/hotel parking lots and check out the "real" hot rod participants rides.  The most fun had on the tours were the pre-arranged gas stops (when they use to have them) and the "activities" that went on in the motel parking lots at nite.

Anyone seen my Daddy in his two-tone blue '56 Olds???  :shock:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Jimc

I gotta tell you, the coolest thing I saw was a couple days before the tour, Friday of the Mid=West NSRA, I was riding along I44 with Bob and going west was the Rod and Custom Dream truck headed west.
I had never expected to see the truck again, but it was there, bigger than life.
Life in the fast lane aint so great. Just ask the opossum

Fat Cat

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Anyone seen my Daddy in his two-tone blue '56 Olds???

I have, but its been about a year.  :lol:

rooster

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"I think the confusion lies in the fact that it will cost to get your car into the "festivties for the day ($25.00) looks like this year, use to be $20) whereas it's free just to park away from the area and walk in.  In other words, no charge for spectators.  George is right, it's not worth $25.00 to park your dads car there BUT would be fun to cruz the local motel/hotel parking lots and check out the "real" hot rod participants rides.  The most fun had on the tours were the pre-arranged gas stops (when they use to have them) and the "activities" that went on in the motel parking lots at nite.

Anyone seen my Daddy in his two-tone blue '56 Olds???  :shock:

We got in as a spectator, free, But we could have been a regestered and have to pay a fee. Witch made no sence to me. All car no matter who they were parked on the infield of race track . The night drag of the locals were not included as far as I know. Jr and I had a good time just checking out the cars , had to drag Greg away from the Hooters girls tent. I would go again if its free and close.

Nick I will see ya at the fathers day event!

Nick32Vic

Ok guys and gals, thanks for you help. But I decided not to go today because, if you know me, I HATE being a spectator!!!!! Anyways, i didnt go because i wanted to have the car there. but i was so anxious to go me and my mom went after i got off work in her 95 grand prix (wich sucked! lol) We get to the track at 8 and everyone is leaving. So we went to the hotels. Denise, i looked for you dads car but didnt see it, you know were he is stayin?

Rooster, your coming to our Father's Day Run? Thats awesome! I cant wait to see you there! If you see me walking by introduce yourself, ill most likely be busy with somethin but dont hesitate to talk to me.

thanks again.
nick