I have now officially applied for team smart membership

Started by chimp koose, May 27, 2008, 01:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

I took my newly aquired 350 sbc to work today . I was going to put it on an engine stand to swap out heads & cam for some of my good pieces. Engine falls 3' to the floor (my bad!)front of crank breaks off just at the back edge of the timing gear. The next time I lift an engine I will make sure to tighten the lift bolts with a wrench!The timing chain was real easy to remove!

enjenjo

At least you didn't try to pick it up with a bolt in the oil pressure port. :oops:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

how did you know we were doing another membership drive :?:  :?:
Welcome to the club.. Now your somebody  :!:
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

EMSjunkie

"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

msuguydon

Don't we get to vote first?

WELCOME ABOARD. Just make sure you bring your own life preserver!
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

Jbird

I'll second your nomination. If it was me I'd have broken a toe when I kicked the fricken engine for falling off the fracken hoist. I'm pretty sure you're now a bonafide member of T.S.    Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

UGLY OLDS

WOW  :shock:  :shock:  :!:  :!:    You are not only qualified..... :shock:   Keep it up & soon you will be an occifer or someone real special  :shock:  How high did it bounce  :?:  :?:

I jus' thought of somethin'... :?  :?  Did it sound anything like "dropping a trans "  :?:  :?:  :oops:

BUT...You have to think positive... :?  :?  Now you have a GREAT start on a lamp... :roll:  :roll:  8)

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"WOW  :shock:  :shock:  :!:  :!:    You are not only qualified..... :shock:   Keep it up & soon you will be an occifer or someone real special  :shock:  How high did it bounce  :?:  :?:

BUT...You have to think positive... :?  :?  Now you have a GREAT start on a lamp... :roll:  :roll:  8)

Bob.... :wink:

:b-d:  :b-d:  :b-d:  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  );b(  );b(

Bugpac

I dont think something that team friendly needs a vote... :D

My condolences as well, Sux for the motor...
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

river1

whoa whoa whoa!!!

you're not a member till all current members receive the $50 membership fee. fee is waived if you do something really stup...oh you dropped a engine. fee is waived, you're in.

my condolences

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

kb426

I'd like to say congratulations but it feels like kicking a guy when he's down.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

By the way, I have a real nice 327 large journal crank here.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

On your way to the Cinnematic you can drive past and get the 4 bolt main 350 I've got. If you've got enough room I've also got a engine stand from an old Oldsmobile dealership. It's got a cast iron frame. The short block is bolted on it now to keep it higher than flood water. GPster

chimp koose

I just priced out a new eagle crank. i will probably get one. When I last was drag racing there wasn't much available in affordable aftermarket parts. My how things have changed!