well were close .. almost 4 buck a gallon gas.

Started by Dave, May 13, 2008, 05:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

In my town when I was going to work this am, it was $3.86, and tonight it is $4.00.  My GF paid $4.17 near Chicago this am, and it was $3.92 there last night.

The Holiday weekend is here, so it'll probably go higher. :roll:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

odd, how AZ usually is near the top of gasoline prices.... I paid 3.58 a few days ago at Costco for regular gasoline.

diesel is still at 4.10 to 4.40 a gallon.

a fellow at work installed a 100 gallon tank in his truck bed.  He buys diesel in Mexico at 2.10 a gallon

:?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

purplepickup

Do you guys use this map to find gas prices? http://www.michigangasprices.com/price_by_county.aspx

If you zoom in far enough it will name the gas stations and show prices.  Many times I've saved $.20 or more per gallon if I check prices before a trip.  Our town is always higher so whenever I'm going out of town it's nice to know where the cheap gas is.
George

Charlie Chops 1940

I usually buy my gas at Sam's Club here in town. Their price "adjustment" is 10AM the day after everyone else goes up. I filled up early this morning for $3.87 & 9/10's. $0.31 cheaper.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

mopar2dr

There is a theory that oil is created by the planet and is not decayed dinosaurs or bio-matter. It is called abiotic-oil. One story goes that an oil well had run it's course and was only producing 10% of it's peak output and was shut down. As the price rose the company decided to start this well again. Guess what ,the field had refilled and was back at peak production. Of couse this information was withheld from the public(us). more on this at
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2005/10/26.html
I got lost in thought, it was unfamiliar territory!

UGLY OLDS

$4.159 to $4.289 on my way home ... :shock:   This is getting OLD :!:  :evil:  I'm gonna wait to fill up on Tuesday....It will be cheaper then... :?  :?  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Quote from: "mopar2dr"There is a theory that oil is created by the planet and is not decayed dinosaurs or bio-matter. It is called abiotic-oil. One story goes that an oil well had run it's course and was only producing 10% of it's peak output and was shut down. As the price rose the company decided to start this well again. Guess what ,the field had refilled and was back at peak production. Of couse this information was withheld from the public(us). more on this at
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2005/10/26.html

I have read this theory, and background on it before. It does explain why oil is found where geologically it should not be found, and why the deeper they drill, the more oil they find.

I would not be so sceptical, if the people who say we are running out of oil, or the ones that are talking global warming, did not have their own agenda.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

bucketmouth

[quote="enjenjo
I would not be so sceptical, if the people who say we are running out of oil, or the ones that are talking global warming, did not have their own agenda.[/quote]

well there's this fence you see and on one side are the oil people and on the other side are the greenies and it's in both of their interest that we have this conflict if you know what I mean. :(U)  :b-d:
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

Topsterguy

Up here in Canada the latest is $1.39.9 / liter for regular, so that's about $5.64 / gallon, one of our gallons. Premium is another .12 or so, so that's over $6.00 !  Most of the runs we've got planned this summer are into the northwest states cuz of this.
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

Dave

bought gas here in anderson indiana tuesday for 3.379.9 and in town it was 3.70.0.. needed gas yesterday it was 3.98.9 Oh well im having too much fun to worry bout it.
Dave

Jbird

It just hit 3.99.9 at my local cheapo station this am for 87 octane, which is sort of strange cause Cali always seems to have the nations highest gas prices. What really upsets me is retailers raising the price of existing inventory. I've seen stations increase their prices three times in one day.

I take the 60mpg motorbike whenever possible, now if I could just figure out how to mount a small pickup bed to it............  Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

UGLY OLDS

Did all the Landscaping today...( Use the weed eater ...Small trim mower ...Garden tractor  to mow & blower to clean off the deck & clippings & such.) Ran my fuel can & 2-cycle mix cans empty...Drove to get gas ....$44.00 for fuel to cut the $%%^&% Grass  :!:  Then I had to fill up my daily driver. :!:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  This is getting frustrating... :roll:  

Sheep... :?  SHEEP  :!:  :!:  That's the answer  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crafty

regular gas £1.14.9, premium £1.19.9, diesel £1.25.9, all prices per litre, thats roughly $8.56, $8.94, $9.38 per US Gallon respectively.

Our government currently have plans to add 2 pence per litre to that price in October, although right now that'd be suicide (our PM is holding on by his fingernails as it is).

All the information I read is the commodity traders are pushing up prices with speculation on oil. Just depends on when the bubble bursts and if the drop in price gets passed on...

zzford

I have been giving this problem quite a bit of thought this weekend. I understand that the price of oil has been boosted by a number of things. First, the market has expanded due to India, China and other countries industrial growth. Second, the value of the dollar is down. Third, and most important is speculators running the price up. Now, the larger market created by India and China is a fact. As is the decline of the dollar. I find it hard to believe that these two factors have caused the price of oil to increase at the rate it has. The growth of these two countries has not exploded, rather, a slow, steady growth has occurred. The dollar has fallen, but not plummeted. That leaves the speculators. These individuals that seemingly have no loyalty or concern for anyone apart from their wallet, are, in my opinion the force behind the prediciment that we are in. I understand that since the real estate market went south, many of the investors have moved from real estate to oil.  We can see where they are taking us now. Our homes are no longer the security that they once were. It just comes down to good old greed. If you want a good scare, check the price of gold, remembering that it is the standard of wealth. The value of gold has not increased. It just takes a lot more dollars to buy and ounce.

Topsterguy

A pal just gassed up here in Victoria BC today - 1.519 / liter of good stuff, which is 5.889 / US gallon, and 6.839 / imperial gallon. Hell, life's short so it ain't gonna keep my coupe in the garage or cut down on road trips........just have one less Starbuck's coffee!
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"