Ha Ha boy i mucked this up !!!!

Started by Dave, March 17, 2008, 06:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Got all my new stuff today .. I got my new finned valve covers and air cleaner and while i was ordering there they had hei dizzys for 39 bucks and they had red caps.. Cool i said .. matches the engine.. So i get all the stuff today.. Oh ya bugpac fixed me up with some speedway stuff too .. boxes laying all over the porch i say  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: I look at all my new toys and i installed my outside post mirror so im legal and then i decided id throw the new dizzy in.. Ha ha I did cut and build a hole in the firewall for the dizzy and put the body on after the engine was installed so now I see the * thing wont come out.. The cap comes off and i can get almost out but then the housing hits.. Aint no way jose.. I either have to raise or lower the engine for just a smidge of clearance (ya lets loosen all the stuff underneath to do that ) or I bite the bullet and buy a new smaller mallory then sawszall the other one out and be done with it.. Or since the one that in there works just for kicks i install a new module and call it close enuff....
Dave  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

ps: the new valve covers look sweet sitting on the bench  cause i gave up for tonite...  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Charlie Chops 1940

Well, it's always good to know that you have a Plan B...and C...and D....I take great comfort in knowing that I'm not the only dufe who does that.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

EMSjunkie

I'll give ya $20.00 for that dizzy 8)  :D

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"I'll give ya $20.00 for that dizzy 8)  :D

Vance

Sure ya will............ That was a hell of a deal at 39 bucks but i payed like 34 bucks for shipping it all..
Balls in your court.. Next offer..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

58 Yeoman

In a past life, you weren't an auto designer, were you, Dave?  Sounds like what the mfr's do, just to get you teed off... :shock:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Dave

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"In a past life, you weren't an auto designer, were you, Dave?  Sounds like what the mfr's do, just to get you teed off... :shock:

Nah Ive pretty much been an IDIOT all my life but im having fun...  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

phat rat

Quote from: "jusjunk"

Vance

Sure ya will............ That was a hell of a deal at 39 bucks but i payed like 34 bucks for shipping it all..

$15+$2 for S&H
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

kb426

That's a hell of a way to celebrate St. Pattys!
TEAM SMART

river1

Quote from: "phat rat"

Vance

$15+$2 for S&H

i'll go $14+$3 for S&H :roll:  :roll:  :roll:
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Carnut

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "phat rat"

Vance

$15+$2 for S&H

i'll go $14+$3 for S&H :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Dunno, I think S&H is going up now a days,

I'll go $13+$4 for S&H

tomslik

Quote from: "jusjunk"Got all my new stuff today .. I got my new finned valve covers and air cleaner and while i was ordering there they had hei dizzys for 39 bucks and they had red caps.. Cool i said .. matches the engine.. So i get all the stuff today.. Oh ya bugpac fixed me up with some speedway stuff too .. boxes laying all over the porch i say  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: I look at all my new toys and i installed my outside post mirror so im legal and then i decided id throw the new dizzy in.. Ha ha I did cut and build a hole in the firewall for the dizzy and put the body on after the engine was installed so now I see the * thing wont come out.. The cap comes off and i can get almost out but then the housing hits.. Aint no way jose.. I either have to raise or lower the engine for just a smidge of clearance (ya lets loosen all the stuff underneath to do that ) or I bite the bullet and buy a new smaller mallory then sawszall the other one out and be done with it.. Or since the one that in there works just for kicks i install a new module and call it close enuff....

ps: the new valve covers look sweet sitting on the bench  cause i gave up for tonite...  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

ya COULD take the intake loose and pull it and the distributor at the same time i'll bet....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Dave

Quote from: "tomslik"
Quote from: "jusjunk"Got all my new stuff today .. I got my new finned valve covers and air cleaner and while i was ordering there they had hei dizzys for 39 bucks and they had red caps.. Cool i said .. matches the engine.. So i get all the stuff today.. Oh ya bugpac fixed me up with some speedway stuff too .. boxes laying all over the porch i say  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: I look at all my new toys and i installed my outside post mirror so im legal and then i decided id throw the new dizzy in.. Ha ha I did cut and build a hole in the firewall for the dizzy and put the body on after the engine was installed so now I see the * thing wont come out.. The cap comes off and i can get almost out but then the housing hits.. Aint no way jose.. I either have to raise or lower the engine for just a smidge of clearance (ya lets loosen all the stuff underneath to do that ) or I bite the bullet and buy a new smaller mallory then sawszall the other one out and be done with it.. Or since the one that in there works just for kicks i install a new module and call it close enuff....

ya COULD take the intake loose and pull it and the distributor at the same time i'll bet....

Ya prolly but thats the long way around.. Im thinnin loosening up the exhaust and taking the bolts outta the trans mount and jack er up back there and try it again.. I swear it came out before  :wink: .. Ill figure out sumpin..
Dave :idea:

rumrumm

A small dizzy with a separate coil is way superior to the in-cap coil HEI's as the separate coils are not affected by heat the the in-cap coils are. I like MSD stuff, myself.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Dave

Quote from: "rumrumm"A small dizzy with a separate coil is way superior to the in-cap coil HEI's as the separate coils are not affected by heat the the in-cap coils are. I like MSD stuff, myself.

I ran a unilite on the coupe and it was great what isnt so great is the price :!:
Ill play some more tonite and see what happens. Im thinking if i can raise the rear of the engine an inch at the trans i should be able to get it out. If thats the case i may just throw the new hei in.

C9

Why doncha knock out an aluminum "speed" blister similar to the hood side blisters SoCal sells?

Saw a hole in the firewall, rivet the speed blister in.

A bit in your face, but all to the good.
It'll give the whiners something to * about.

Even better, polish it so they won't miss it.

Enjenjo's done an article or two on hammer forming scoops and blisters and you should be able to find them here on the RRT.

Then again, if you'd used a big Buick with its front mounted distributor.... :lol:
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.