Wish me luck

Started by enjenjo, February 22, 2008, 11:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Well, I have commited to stop smoking. I am on chantix, seems to be helping. Target day is next tuesday.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

best of luck to you!

It is tough to get the smoke monkey off a person's back....
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat rat

GOOD LUCK FRANK

That's a hard thing to kick. 23 yrs ago it took me 7 months. Sometimes I was chewing Nicorette gum and smoking a cig at the same time. When I started to quit I was smoking anywhere from 2 1/2-4 packs a day. I know you can do it, plus you'll feel better
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

purplepickup

I smoked 2 1/2 packs of Marlboro reds a day when I quit.  My lungs hurt and I hacked and coughed all the time but I still liked to smoke.   I quit once for 9 months and started again. It was about the hardest thing I've ever done but it's also been one of the best things I've ever done for me and everyone around me.  

Stick with it Frank.
George

river1

);b(  );b(
);b(  );b(
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

jimcaf

Quote from: "enjenjo"Well, I have commited to stop smoking. I am on chantix, seems to be helping. Target day is next tuesday.

As crazy as this may sound,my wife tryed everything to quit,,turns out i was working at a chevy dealer back in 2001,,one of the guys i worked with in the bodyshop went and tryed hypnosis and just like that overnight he was off them,,i got the info and brought my wife to the same guy,it was a group hypnosis,,its been over 6 years for her not a puff,,the smell of them now makes her sick

here  is the link if you think you may want to try it also
http://www.successtrak.org/privatetherapy.htm

best of luck to you!!   jim

river1

Quote from: "jimcaf"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Well, I have commited to stop smoking. I am on chantix, seems to be helping. Target day is next tuesday.

As crazy as this may sound,my wife tryed everything to quit,,turns out i was working at a chevy dealer back in 2001,,one of the guys i worked with in the bodyshop went and tryed hypnosis and just like that overnight he was off them,,i got the info and brought my wife to the same guy,it was a group hypnosis,,its been over 6 years for her not a puff,,the smell of them now makes her sick

here  is the link if you think you may want to try it also
http://www.successtrak.org/privatetherapy.htm

best of luck to you!!   jim

my mother quit smoking with hypnosis also. did a group hypnosis on a tues and the next weekend went to vegas with all that smoking atmosphere. never smoked again.

good luck frank

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

dragrcr50

I had bypass in 99 after smoking 30 yrs and never have had another nor wanted another since then... best and easiest thing i have done...
I dont advise this method but it works........good luck and hang in there you wont regret it...
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

phat46

Good luck Frank!  I'm sure you can do it!
My wife did the hypnosis about 15 years ago and stopped instantly after trying several times on her own.

chopped

Good luck Frank. I stopped last year after about a thousand tries. Just want to stop more than smoke and you got it made. Saved about $2000.oo this year for play time!

Dave

Quote from: "dragrcr50"I had bypass in 99 after smoking 30 yrs and never have had another nor wanted another since then... best and easiest thing i have done...
I dont advise this method but it works........good luck and hang in there you wont regret it...

Kinda like my massive heart attack.. When i finally came to they told me that eventually (other than being slower from the damage) I could do everything i did before cept one thing... June will be 2 years and i never looked back. The insurance company (M care)even called me to see if they could help. I told em i already had the diploma from their classes on non smoking. Then the lady asked me what I was doing for it and I told her I wasnt smoking .. She said just like that eh  :?:  I said yup and I told her i told my self when the doctor told me i needed to quit or i was gonna die id quit.. I kinda did it * backwards.  :lol:
My buddy that passed away the other day was still smoking and id bet over a pack a day. He also loved bacon and eggs and all the good food..

Good luck frank.. Ill be pulling for ya.. It can be done and I was one of the worlds best quitters.. I finally got the job done..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Charlie Chops 1940

Glad to hear it Frank.

I quit cold turkey the day after Nats North in 2001. I had gotten home Sunday night with 1 smoke left. I told myself that would be the last one on lunch break the next day...and it was. 35 years of smoking Pall Mall reds.

For whatever reason I never wanted another one. We're here for ya Frank.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Uncle Bob

Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

Deuce

Quote from: "jusjunk"

Kinda like my massive heart attack.. When i finally came to they told me that eventually (other than being slower from the damage) I could do everything i did before cept one thing...

After I came thru the 5 by-pass heart surgery, the Doctor came to talk to me and said I did OK but some things where going to have " to change "

He said I had to quit smoking ... I said not me ... I have never smoked
He said I had to be salt sensitive ... I said not me ... I have not picked up a salt shaker in 20 years
He said I had to quit drinking ... I said not me ... I have not ever drank more than a case of beer in my entire life and had not had any alcohol in 5 years or more
He said this is going GREAT  :)  that only leaves losing weight ... I said well, Doc ... that's the * of it ... If I could have lost a bunch of weight ... I would not have had the heart attack.

Hang in there Frank ...
I imagine it will be rough, but for your health and your family's sake ... DO IT.

Randy
RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

tomslik

i'm behind ANYBODY that wants to quit!
you got MY support!

for the record, i've NEVER smoked.
plenty of other bad habits but.....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list