Wish me luck

Started by enjenjo, February 22, 2008, 11:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveyboy

You CAN do IT!!!!! I see what you can build just think of it as a build for you life. See how nice you can fab up your lungs..  Now if you miss the smoke then just rost some hot dogs with the kids :)

Mac

It took me 3 tries. The first lasted 12 months. The second 18 months and it's now been 29 yrs.  :D
Nicotine has long sharp hooks but you can do it.
Who\'s yer Data?

Ohio Blue Tip

Good luck Frank, we're all pulling for ya.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Sean

Quote from: "enjenjo"Well, I have commited to stop smoking. I am on chantix, seems to be helping. Target day is next tuesday.

Good luck Frank. I'm smoking two packs of Pall Mall Reds a day, and have been thinking its time to quit too. My biggest problem is... I don't want to quit.

I also know a few people that quit immediately after hypnosis, but at least one of them started back up...

butch27

Boy is Frank going to be cantankerous NOW.LOL :lol.

midnight sun

Quote from: "enjenjo"Well, I have commited to stop smoking. I am on chantix, seems to be helping. Target day is next tuesday.

Best of Luck Frank.  30+ years and I finally quit.  Took me a few tries and I ended up trying hypnosis.  Still wasnt easy but I finally did it.  One tip, if you fall off the wagon, dont let that be the end of trying.  Just start over again.  You can do this!!
How can there be "self help" groups :?:

UGLY OLDS

Like the others said Frank..You can do this ...I started smoking Camel regulars in high school...in Aug '95 I was at 2 1/2 packs a day...I quit cold turkey ...( I determined  coughing up blood first thing in the AM was a bad sign.. :shock: )  It is not a pleasent thing to do ,( Ask Mrs Ugly  :lol: ) , but you CAN do it ...... 8)  8)

Holler if you need help.....

Bob....
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

oiler

Coming from a guy that has never smoked in his life I applaud you!
Best of luck Frank, I know it can't be easy just from watching so many people struggle
I'm sure you can do it
Not only that think of all the cash you're saving
Keep us up to date
Jeff

enjenjo

Thanks for all the good wishes. I quit smoking one time about 20 years ago for three months. Time to do it again.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

Go for more than 3 months though - LOL

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat rat

When I was smoking (Pall Mall red) I used to say "quiting is easy I've done it lots of times". Now the smell alone turns me off. I also think of how much time I save every morning by not having to spend the first 5-10 coughing. I also think of all the money I've saved, when I quit I think cigs were about $1.25 a pack and look at what they are now. I figure my cpe is just the money I would have spent on cigs if I hadn't quit so the car was free or my gift to myself for quiting.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Bruce Dorsi

It's about time, Frank!   :D

If you WANT to quit you CAN quit!

I quit after smoking for 20 years.  ......I had a really bad cold and the cigarettes tasted like crap, so I set them down, and never picked them up again.  .....I did throw them away to avoid the temptation, and vowed not to buy another pack or grub off anyone.

For the first year, I never missed smoking. .....The 2nd & 3rd years I was dying for a smoke, but I knew if I had one, I would start over again.    .....After that, I've had no desire to smoke again.  .....I've been smoke-free for 23 years now.

Good Luck!  ......You seem stubborn enough that you can do it if you really want to!    :P
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

oldbobsign

GOOD NEWS, Frank!

It's NEVER too late but food's gonna taste better so be careful....you might turn into the Michelin™ Man, like me. :lol:

moose

Frank,
As a diehard non smoker ( I watched my Father wither away with emphysema)  I wish you strength to do this. I am an hour north of you and can come down if you find the need have someone help!

Tim

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "oldbobsign"GOOD NEWS, Frank!

It's NEVER too late but food's gonna taste better so be careful....you might turn into the Michelin™ Man, like me. :lol:

Crap - I forgot all about the food tasting better. I put on about 20-25 pounds and it's stayed right where I put it - LOL.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!