its ccccold

Started by chimp koose, January 29, 2008, 06:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

Well this is the coldest day so far here this winter. It was -50Celcius today with the windchill . Thats -58Fahrenheit for comparison.Vehicles don't work that well in this weather,our school busses were cancelled today and will not run tomorrow .Man I wish it was summer.

kb426

You have my sympathies. The coldest I've seen is -27 F. I don't do well in the cold. I like summer, girls in bikinis, cold drinks, etc. You get the idea.
TEAM SMART

EMSjunkie

Quote from: kb426girls in bikinis

Gotta love them corn fed Kansas girls 8)  :D  :D  :wink:  :wink:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

river1

man that is cold

i just checked the thermometer on the back patio, 50 degrees fahrenheit.
that's 108 degrees different. :shock:  :shock:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Charlie Chops 1940

I spent my grade school years in and around Cut Bank, Montana.  We walked to school in -50F temps (uphill both ways - thought I would add that before some smart * felt the calling). That is indeed colder than heck!

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"I spent my grade school years in and around Cut Bank, Montana.  We walked to school in -50F temps (uphill both ways - thought I would add that before some smart ##### felt the calling). That is indeed colder than heck!

Charlie

so just what are you insinuating there, Charlie :?:
:lol:
Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"I spent my grade school years in and around Cut Bank, Montana.  We walked to school in -50F temps (uphill both ways - thought I would add that before some smart ##### felt the calling). That is indeed colder than heck!

Charlie

so just what are you insinuating there, Charlie :?:
:lol:
Vance

I think it's the "up hill both ways part" Vance....Maybe he went to school but didn't catch on   :?:  See the school was on a hill but Charlie aways went the "round about way" to get there & back  :?:  :roll:  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Deuce

:)

That is too cold for a southern man. It was 70 degrees here today and I rode my Harley some this afternoon. South Carolina has some advantages but the summers get pretty HOT and Humid.

:(
RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

chimp koose

Charlie ,the story as my father told it was 6 miles ,barefoot&uphill both ways.When I finally saw the homestead he grew up on I could nearly chuck a rock and hit the schoolhouse from their farmyard!

1FATGMC

Quote from: "chimp koose"Well this is the coldest day so far here this winter. It was -50Celcius today with the windchill . Thats -58Fahrenheit for comparison.Vehicles don't work that well in this weather,our school busses were cancelled today and will not run tomorrow .Man I wish it was summer.

I saw quite a few -40 F. degree days when I lived in Wyo., but never any -50's.  Boy did I hate to milk the cow in that weather.  It was a bit warmer in the barn, but probably only 5 to 10 degrees warmer.  I could never tell much difference in temps below -20.  Seems like you froze at the same rate.

Been in the single digits here a couple times this winter and that is cold enough for me now,

Sum

purplepickup

Quote from: "1FATGMC"I saw quite a few -40 F. degree days when I lived in Wyo., but never any -50's.  Boy did I hate to milk the cow in that weather.  It was a bit warmer in the barn, but probably only 5 to 10 degrees warmer.  
Sum
I'll bet the cow welcomed those warm hands tho..
George

Dave

The wind was blowing with 50mph gusts all night and one of my ham radio towers is on the bedroom side of the house.. Didnt get much sleep  :!: The thing was really rocking last night.
its a wind chill of -13 this morning here.. At least we didnt get the 1-3 inches of snow they predicted just a dusting so far.. Jerry from ezboy told me they would pick up the seat cover today so its on the porch with a cement dog on top of it to keep it from blowing away..  :idea:
Dave

CQQL33

I went out to the corner store last night around 11:00pm, the temperature outside was 57 degrees...........Woke up this morning about 6:00am and the outside temperature was just above ZERO !!!!    A 50+ degree drop and the wind was moving every garbage can, and anything else that was not bolted down, down the street.       God, I miss Arizona   :roll:  :roll:

Rich

phat rat

We had the warm temps yesterday (high 40's) woke up at 5 this morning to no power and the temp at 0. We were lucky though the power came back on about 20 min after getting up. Still blowing like crazy but the temp is all the way up to 3 now
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Pep

Geez...I can make you guys feel real good...it's about 90 degrees here in Sydney...I can't imagine what minus anything is like. I whinge about our winters. I think I'll quit doing that now :wink:  :)
See Ya
Pep