its ccccold

Started by chimp koose, January 29, 2008, 06:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EMSjunkie

I woke up this morning to 19* F and 45 mph winds, and blizzard conditions :x
had a nice little 60 car pile-up on I-40. watched a fire truck roll over after sliding on the ice, and getting hit by another car :shock:
had a fellow Medic break an ankle after slipping on the ice. :roll:

Man I love winter :!:  :!:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

butch27

We're set for about 10" of snow TONIGHT. Man I'm getting too old for this!

UGLY OLDS

We got 10.8" last night & this AM... I had to break out the "Big Iron",( My GMC), to get to work... :shock:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Rayvyn

I was out on my patio today and saw snow on the news. It made me cold watching it. I had to go put a t shirt on... :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Rayvyn"I was out on my patio today and saw snow on the news. It made me cold watching it. I had to go put a t shirt on... :D

KMA :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

38HAULR

91.4 Degrees in Sunny Melbourne yesterday Pep,without the drizzle and humidity of Sydney making things sticky in the tweeds. Milking the cows in those really cold temps of the USA would give instant ice cream,I have been shivvering reading some of these posts........Frank..

Pep

I think we should blame that Mexican b------d mate...ElNinio. He has now caused flooding around where I live. Yesterday the river broke its banks and traffic was chaotic. Haven't seen that much rain since about 1989. The last 3 weeks I was planning on going on a few runs..alas, the 37 sits waiting. Hoping next Sunday it will be fine, but the forcatst reckons rain..AGAIN!!! :x
See Ya
Pep

38HAULR

Better roadster weather down here Pep,my dogs and cats get scared ,because it rains so little,they are not used to it when it does. What sticks in my craw is that I cannot get to drive the Buick convertible yet,and when  I get the opportunity to get it driveable,the drought will break..........Frank

Bib_Overalls

Hit 70 today.  Very unusual for this time of year.  Well above dew point and very humid.  Water was puddling up on concrete all over town.  And this evening we have tornado warnings, 60 mph winds, and rain. I'd rather be cold.

I worked hard all my life to retire to a house on a dirt road down by the railroad tracks in an area with an active earhquake fault, tornados, ice storms, and sweltering hot summers. No place is perfect.  But sometimes I ask myself "What the #$%& am I doing here?"
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

chimp koose

Well tomorrow is supposed to be -3Celsius or about 28 fahrenheit , with a pretty good wind whipping up the snow. Found a 73 Comet (maverick)at the wrecker on the weekend, tomorrow will be good enough weather to get the 8" diff out of it.

Bugpac

Quote from: "chimp koose"Well tomorrow is supposed to be -3Celsius or about 28 fahrenheit , with a pretty good wind whipping up the snow. Found a 73 Comet (maverick)at the wrecker on the weekend, tomorrow will be good enough weather to get the 8" diff out of it.

you up there by the ice road?
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Deuce

78 degrees yesterday ... Sunshine and beautiful. About the same forecast today. Rode the Harley about 100 miles yesterday, just riding and playing. Out seeing and being seen. Saw lots of bikes out. Rode past  by a local favorite " watering hole for the Harley crowd " and it looked like a Saturday afternoon with all the bikes there.

Came home in the afternoon, got the 32 roadster out and took the wife out to eat supper @ the new Mexican restaurant . Left there and cruised up around the lake and visited some friends. Got home at almost midnight and the temperature was 65 degrees  :)

Real nice now ... but in the late summer ... it does get pretty hot and humid ...  :cry:
RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

Bugpac

I seen some crazy bastard on a bike just a week ago, it was about 20 degrees and light snow.... :D  Dont know if he made it were he was going or not, lol...
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

CQQL33

Yes, it has been cold here too, but it has only rained twice this past week, once for 3 days and the second time for 4 days (?).   Now ice and that white stuff that turns a dark color after a day or two.   You know, that stuff you have to shovel out of the driveway.     As all of this is going on, my furture X wife is living in our winter home in Arizona (?)  ......only in America......     You know what they called it when they found a couple Lawyers had falled through the ice and drowned in Lake Erie..........a pretty good start !!!!!......... :roll:

Dave

Today                       

Wintry Mix
Wintry Mix    
High 32° F
Precip:         100%
Cloudy with a mixture of winter precipitation. Temps nearly steady in the low to mid 30s. Winds NE at 15 to 25 mph. 2 to 4 inches of snow expected.

Tonight

Heavy Snow
Heavy Snow    
Low 18° F
Precip:         100%
Snow. Snow will be heavy at times this evening. Low 18F. Winds N at 10 to 20 mph. Snow accumulating 5 to 8 inches.

Tomorrow

Cloudy
Cloudy    
High 30° F
Precip:         20%
Overcast. High near 30F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.

Ive had about enuff of this... last i looked it was snowing pretty good and we drove the car today instead of the 4x4.. Oh well.. Looks like ill need the truck tomorrow though.
Dave