Will woman find me more attractive if I have a Tri-Power?

Started by msuguydon, November 27, 2007, 09:50:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I have 2x4 Edelbrocks on my 454 in my marlin. They are 625 CFM carbs. I would think a pair of 500 CFM Edelbrocks would work good on a 350. The noce thing about Edelbrock carbs, the secondaries don't open until they are needed, so even with two, you are not overcarbing it. this set had been in the car for about 40,000 miles with no problems, and gives me 13 to 15 MPG
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

I'm with Frank...a pair of 500CFM Edelbrocks...IF you must have multiple carbs...I like what Lenord said better...It's nice the way it is...Leave it alone...OR.......Use the "Ugly" theory....DONT OPEN THE HOOD :!:  :!:  ( Keeps 'em guessing every time..... :?  :wink: )

Oh...As far as the women thing.... Heh-Heh-Heh... :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

tomslik

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "Bugpac"But its a mopar, lol, I know....If you want girls you need a porshe corvette or mustang, If you want woman you need A street rod....If you want wild and crazy you need a harley... 8)

I got the Harley  );b(  :ha)  );b(  :ha)  :b-d:  :b-d:

me too,so what?
my wife won't let me bring any home :roll:

not sure if i'd know what to do with 'em anyway....it'd prolly kill me..

anyway,MU opinion, with what you got and it runs is, don't "fix" it...

..and if you wanna be more "attractive", you need a

Big

Thick

Wallet...... :shock:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Dave

Quote from: "tomslik"
Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "Bugpac"But its a mopar, lol, I know....If you want girls you need a porshe corvette or mustang, If you want woman you need A street rod....If you want wild and crazy you need a harley... 8)

I got the Harley  );b(  :ha)  );b(  :ha)  :b-d:  :b-d:

me too,so what?
my wife won't let me bring any home :roll:

not sure if i'd know what to do with 'em anyway....it'd prolly kill me..

anyway,MU opinion, with what you got and it runs is, don't "fix" it...

..and if you wanna be more "attractive", you need a

Big

Thick

Wallet...... :shock:

I just watched american thunder tonite and im in trouble ... michelle is hot..
Ha Ha........ :lol:  :lol:  :lol: I cant have one either....
Dave

Carnut

Quote from: "msuguydon"Carnut suggested a 2x4 set-up... I am assuming we are not discussing lumber  8)

When this came up with my buddy he made some remark about "too much throttle range for my car".. whatever the hell that means... I took from his tone..that I should not consider.

Would someone be willing to translate?

Realistically that dual ram might work and look cool for you, but might not be as streetable as you would like without heat risers and such. Also you would be running them both constantly on to keep things running and thus not the best gas mileage.

A more tradional two in a row setup would allow for heat passages for use in cool damp weather and also a progressive linkage even on two fours allows running mostly on the rear carb for mileage.

HotRodLadyCrusr

K.I.S.S.

As far as attracting women, depends if your looking for a women like my mother or one like Megan.....it all depends on the number of doors. :wink:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

GPster

This would be a different idea. I saw a '58 Pontiac one time that had the fuel injected emblems on it. I would inagine if you got the old style fuel injection off a "Vette' and put it on that 350 it would be impressive. GPster

wayne petty

all this talk of 2G carbs.. did everybody grab this rochester 2 bbl parts pdf...

for the replaceable parts other than main bodys and float bowls...

http://www.walkerproducts.com/downloads/catalogs/components/rochester2barrel.pdf

almost every parts shop uses these numbers for replacment parts..

enjoy..
wayne....

Bib_Overalls

Your problem is not a shortage of carbs.  At 44 (what your profile says) you are simply short of years.  The big deal with hot young chicks these days is older men.  As in 50+.  So, keep your money in your billfold, be patient and, when your time comes, they will come to you.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Carnut

Oh Yeah, 2x4's make a much prettier noise than 3x2's.

I know t-vicky always used to say he could hear my 2x4's coming down the street without having to look.

phat rat

[
Well, I've found a lot of ladies like Cowboy Hats and Boots.

By the time they get to the parking lot they don't much care what I'm driving.[/quote]

Yes but when you get to the car and it's a cool one it only gets better :wink:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

rumrumm

Will women find me more attractive if I have a Tri-Power?

No, but a 9-inch might help! LOL!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "rumrumm"Will women find me more attractive if I have a Tri-Power?

No, but a 9-inch might help! LOL!

Ding, ding ding!  A the winner of the BEST answer is LYNN!!!
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Carnut

Well, now speaking of being popular with the ladies....... My Fan Club

phat rat

Quote from: "Carnut"Well, now speaking of being popular with the ladies....... My Fan Club

Wife and 4 daughters? :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.