Axle strangth?

Started by J Man, September 12, 2007, 06:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J Man

Quote from: "J Man"Enjenjo
I am headed up your way probibly Sunday to pick up a A frame section If you will be around maybe I could stop by and check out that axle. Let me know if you will be around.

Actually I just realized I am buying that frame section from your son so I will going to your place anyways.

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

Quote from: "J Man"
I know MAS will make any width tube axle,
Have an understanding with MAS on how you want the axel built. They made one for me and took the narrowness off the ends. Made it very hard to come up with steering arms for the spindles. GPster

donsrods

Just to clear up the picture of the axle I posted.......the car was actually in a wreck.  Supposely, some girl borrowed her roommates T while he was out of town, went to a gas station, then punched it hard (blower motor) and ended up hitting parked cars.  That is what tore the front end off, but I posted it because I had never seen an axle snap like that.  I thought it would bend around first before snapping.

Here is another picture of the same car.  I wonder if they are still roommates??????????

Don

Dave

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "J Man"
I know MAS will make any width tube axle,
Have an understanding with MAS on how you want the axel built. They made one for me and took the narrowness off the ends. Made it very hard to come up with steering arms for the spindles. GPster

Mas has the kingpin eyes welded on the ends.. Sorry but the only way im gonna run one like that is in a sprint car with a bunch of chrome molly around me.. Its like running rod ends on the street for steering stuff. Its done but its better on a race car where your at least protected by roll cages when it breaks and it will... MAS im pretty sure makes speedways axles for em too ... Don if they are still rooming then .... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dave