Build day II

Started by KustomLincolnLady, May 15, 2004, 11:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KustomLincolnLady

Well I'll try to post this again, it didn't show up last time  :cry:

We're all waiting to here or see something of the 2nd build day???  :lol:
Debb

enjenjo

I have no pictures, Many were taken. I expect to see them in the morning some time.

the build actually started friday night, GPster came over with some needed parts, and stayed to help set up the grille area of the trailer. The frame and rolled pan were sanded and painted again too.

Work started again about 10 this morning, GPster, Slocro, HRPP, HRLC, HotRod girl, N8DC and his wife, Fatcat were here to build. We fabricates and installed the sides, floor, and two of the doors, along with finishing and installing the tops we made last time. Two rear legs, and a nose jack were made and installed also. Dave, N8DC, and I came up with a plan for the grille burner box, he took the parts home to complete it.

We took a break about 3 pm for burgers and brots, prepared by Fatcat and my wife, with help from N8DC's wife Sue, and Hot rod girl.

We finally called it a day about 10 pm when the last RRTers left for home.

All in all, a good day. Thanks to all who helped, either with labor or parts.

This thing is going to be kick a** looking!!!

I almost forgot, we had a Henrob torch lesson at the end of the day, along with a general inspection, of Big Old's new hood work, it was approved.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

KustomLincolnLady

Wow, it sounds like you guys and gals kicked some butt. Can't wait to see some pics!!!!!!  
were leaving at 5:30am our time , headed to a show in Grand rapids, oh, see you there Enjenjo?
Debb

Dave

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"Wow, it sounds like you guys and gals kicked some butt. Can't wait to see some pics!!!!!!  
were leaving at 5:30am our time , headed to a show in Grand rapids, oh, see you there Enjenjo?
Debb

Was another fun day although it was also a very chilly day. Too bad you couldnt make it Debb. Sue and I drove the 32 down and it ran great and got us back home too. Frank is right this thing is gonna be sweet. Ive got some pieces of stainless for the grille to bend at work this week then we can finish that part. Hopefully our brake at work is heavy enuff to bend it .
There was some very crazy picture taking and im waiting to see what shows up here :lol:
Dave

phat46

[ N8DC and his wife, Fatcat were here to build.

I didn't think they would allow that in Ohio, only California  :shock:

purplepickup

It was another great day at Rancho El Enjenjo.  Great friendships, great food and we even got some work done.  Here's a few pictures:

Slocrow & enjenjo working on a half of the top while GPster supervises.

GPster working while everyone else supervises.

Denise and Hotrodgirl pop riveting.

Fat Cat supervising nobody.

Enjenjo with his BFH fixing one of my measuring mistakes.

Dave playing pocket pool while Frank watches.

This is about where we left it.

This is Hotrodgirl's biker babe pose on the bike Fat Cat made for her birthday.

A bike that looks like it was in the movie "Ben Hur".  Enjenjo made it for Fat Cat many moons ago.

Big Olds made it with his newly peaked hood (which doesn't show up in the picture).

This was out by the outhouse.

Frank please thank your wife for putting together the grub.  We owe you.
George

slocrow

Another great day although as said, a little on the nippy side. Frank(s) sure put out and abundance of vitals for a minium amount of labor. Must be a union job though no dues were collected, yet.
Finally got a good look at Dave & Sue's 32. One very nice, well planned car. Naturally I'm jealous.
I rolled in around 11PM with no problems and slept in. Hope Denise made back it OK.
Thanks for the pics George........
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Dave

Quote from: "phat46"[ N8DC and his wife, Fatcat were here to build.

I didn't think they would allow that in Ohio, only California  :shock:

When I read Franks post I just knew it was gonna get ugly here!
Go ahead I can take it..
Dave

Roadstar

Looks like another fun build day. That trailer is coming along nicely. Heck(had to change that word) just by the looks of it the food is gonna taste good.

Sorry I couldn't make it,  I'm just trying to get caught up on life in general.

C9

The BBQ trailer is lookin good.

What kinda wheels are you going to run?

If steelies, I have a pair of 13" Moon discs and a pair of 15" Moon discs I'll donate.
Whichever pair works for you.
If that doesn't work, we have a hubcap/wheelcover store here that has * near two - at a minimum - of everything.

A sample is shown.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

Sean

Looks like y'all might actually know what you're doing...  :D  

Gpster, what is the deal with that hat? I think every picture I have ever seen of you includes that hat. Has it always been the same one, or do you buy a fresh one every once in a while? :wink:

enjenjo

Quote from: "C9"The BBQ trailer is lookin good.

What kinda wheels are you going to run?

If steelies, I have a pair of 13" Moon discs and a pair of 15" Moon discs I'll donate.
Whichever pair works for you.
If that doesn't work, we have a hubcap/wheelcover store here that has * near two - at a minimum - of everything.

A sample is shown.

We have some 5 spoke mags for it, with tires donated by charlie Chops 1940.  we do need hub centers, one for a keystone spoke mag, push in, and one for an ET 5 spoke, bolt on. Anyone with one or the other, or both? We could also use a wheel adapter, Ford small pattern to Chevy, 4 1/2" to 4 3/4". We only need one.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

C9

Quote from: "enjenjo"We have some 5 spoke mags for it, with tires donated by charlie Chops 1940.  we do need hub centers, one for a keystone spoke mag, push in, and one for an ET 5 spoke, bolt on. Anyone with one or the other, or both? We could also use a wheel adapter, Ford small pattern to Chevy, 4 1/2" to 4 3/4". We only need one.

Would a couple of the American mag plastic* screw on covers work?
These are the ones held on by five sheet metal screws.
They were brand new ten years ago and still looked good when I last looked at them 3-4 years ago.
You're welcome to those as well.

*Pretty sure they're plastic - they could be metal, but not sure.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

GPster

Quote from: "Sean"Looks like y'all might actually know what you're doing...  :D  

Gpster, what is the deal with that hat? I think every picture I have ever seen of you includes that hat. Has it always been the same one, or do you buy a fresh one every once in a while? :wink:
That is my work on something hat. I also have a Bonneville hat  and a few good hats ( ones that cost over $75.00) The tramatic brain injury results from my accident leaves me with very little strength to ward off the horrors of existence. After a bout with Melinoma cancer I try to stay out of the sun. It's easier to wear the hat most of the time than it is to remember where I put it. I'm also a diabetic have a computer controlled hearing aid have glasses that only correct the vision in one eye and have a gold bar in one eyelid so my eye will close when I sleep. I don't try to brag about any of it but I'm not against answering questions. Thanks for asking.  With a 7 5/8 head I'm not a candicate for "ball caps" and they don't keep the sun off the back of my neck or the tops of my ears. GPster

Sean

Quote from: "GPster"That is my work on something hat.

And I was just thinking it was a sentimental attachment of some sort.

One of the guys I work with picked up my Welding hood one day because it was handy and had to tighten it up quite a bit to be able to use it. That got me the nickname of "Buckethead",  I guess that puts you in the same category... :wink:  I just tell them its because of increased cranial capacity and I'm that much smarter than than they are.