Started by enjenjo, August 11, 2007, 07:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I edited this thread, trying to get rid if the personalities with out destroying the continuity. I know for fact thet both  people involved are wrong to some extent about the other. Teasing is teasing, and we do a lot of it here, but personal attacks wi9l not fly.

I hope this is the end of it.

Co0ntinue with salt news.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

They are presently in the short line to run.  The hydraulic clutch is not working and so they will fire the engine and pull it back into gear when Sum pushes the car away from the starting line.   Hooley will then run it through the gears shifting without being able to use the clutch.  He was a truck driver for a time and so that part should go okay.  I am a little concerned about him getting it into low gear on the push off.  

You should be able to check the results on the SCTA website later this evening.   http://www.scta-bni.org/

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

bucketmouth

Just had a look at the results and saw the 1/4 and 3 mile speeds and that's it. What happened was it just a test run or did Hooley have to shut it down.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "bucketmouth"Just had a look at the results and saw the 1/4 and 3 mile speeds and that's it. What happened was it just a test run or did Hooley have to shut it down.

Todays record breaking run has not been posted on the SCTA Bonneville records page yet.  The aborted run from yesterday is on yesterdays results.  Probably they will post todays runs sometime later this evening.

I just talked to Hooley and they are taking the pit apart.  The wind is blowing hard and it is cloudy or stormy looking.  Lets hope for good weather tonight and in the morning.  They are coming home tomorrow after the backup run.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

phat rat

what did he run today?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

dragrcr50

Quote from: "phat rat"what did he run today?
238...........................mph
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "phat rat"what did he run today?

Jack today they went 238.  Enough to qualify for a new record.  Hooley says in the morning, on the back up run, he is going to give it all she has and answer the question   whatillshedo .  He said that the slushy salt made for some slippry driving.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Charlie Chops 1940

Thanks John. You know you are the first guy who has actually reported what the driving conditions are like. I had kind of assumed it was slick given the water is  almost oozing out on the course. I'm not sure what worse...lumpy or wet. Lumpy, I guess.

Go for a 250 record the hard way, by running a 262 backup, huh?

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat rat

GREAT. Hope they fulfill their dreams
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

WZ JUNK

If I counted correctly Hooley was the 5th fastest car to run on the salt yesterday.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

donnie

From the SCTA site Hooleys' exits speed was 243.

Leon

Exit speed is a tuning aid to show if the car is still pulling, it has no effect on records, so when the qualifying speed is posted it isn't the exit speed.

WZ JUNK

Hooley spun this morning at the 4 mile mark running about 220 MPH.  He is fine and the car is okay.  It was much like the spin last year.  They are taking the car to have it checked by the tech people and then they will load it on the trailer and come home.  From what information that I have gathered it seems that the race course went away as the week went on.  He said that it was difficult yesterday and today it must have been worse.  He thought he might have caught a rut that started the spin but it is difficult to say.

I am proud of them and all their work through this difficult meet.  The car did well for the conditions and they went faster than it has ever run.  It is now time to start planning for next year.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

dragrcr50

hell yea comin home in one piece is awsome,  that car is after all the world record holder, what more can you ask.........
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Charlie Chops 1940

A valiant effort! I wish I would have been there, it's such an awesome place and almost unbelievable when you are a part of it.

Great job guys. Drive careful.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!