Started by enjenjo, August 11, 2007, 07:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

They made a check out pass this morning and went 230 MPH. The water pump was not on, got real hot and they blew the head gaskets. They are taking the motor apart now to see if there is other damage.

Norris Anderson with the white Studebaker truck broke his record from last year and is in impound this afternoon.

From WZJunk
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "enjenjo"They made a check out pass this morning and went 230 MPH. The water pump was not on, got real hot and they blew the head gaskets. They are taking the motor apart now to see if there is other damage.

Norris Anderson with the white Studebaker truck broke his record from last year and is in impound this afternoon.

From WZJunk

Hooley says the heads are warped.  Sumner is taking them to Salt Lake City to have them machined tonight.  Everything else looks good.  They think they will put it back together tomorrow.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"

Hooley says the heads are warped.  Sumner is taking them to Salt Lake City to have them machined tonight.  Everything else looks good.  They think they will put it back together tomorrow.

John

I know Sum took off.

Everything else looks good?   Was this after they drained the water out of the oil pan?

We left early since we are staying in SLC hotel and there is a 2 hour drive back

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

dragrcr50

you can bet with the crw on that car , it will make another pass real soon. good luck hooley ,
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

bucketmouth

plenty of time to get another run in. just do it.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

WZ JUNK

I just talked to George and to Hooley.

The bottom end of the engine looks good.  The heads are to be ready tomorrow afternoon.  They will reassemble the top of the motor and prepare for another run hopefully Tuesday.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

that is good news

wish I could stay around longer.... I must work tuesday. trans  dept manager is on vacation this week

8)
Tony

dragrcr50

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I just talked to George and to Hooley.

The bottom end of the engine looks good.  The heads are to be ready tomorrow afternoon.  They will reassemble the top of the motor and prepare for another run hopefully Tuesday.

John
well tell hooley i sent a piston through a freeze plug hole on my 406 friday night,  his looks like a cake walk,  im done for the yr .........may sell the damned thing as a roller haha....
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

unklian

Man,that brings back memories.

Thanks for the update.

phat rat

Quote from: "dragrcr50"

John
well tell hooley i sent a piston through a freeze plug hole on my 406 friday night,  his looks like a cake walk,  im done for the yr .........may sell the damned thing as a roller haha....

This the motor in Agent Orange? If so I guess I won't see it run at the Hamb drags then. Darn!
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

UGLY OLDS

John

Ya Know  :?:  :?:  I just remembered why I started building street rods & sold all my race car stuff...A long time ago....Can't you go with a different  small block & run brackets for the rest of the year ?? It's seems a shame to park it now that it's dialed in....
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

dragrcr50

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"

John

Ya Know  :?:  :?:  I just remembered why I started building street rods & sold all my race car stuff...A long time ago....Can't you go with a different  small block & run brackets for the rest of the year ?? It's seems a shame to park it now that it's dialed in....

well if i have to build a motor it may as well be a race motor and i thin i have spent my yearly allowance for race motors for me this yr already... i have a 468 ready street sstrip mtr for my biscayne but dont want to have to change cams etc and put it in  when i really like a small block. and I dont have another small block i can run..... oh well spring will be here soon enough and ill have something for it by then.........

Crosley.In.AZ

some of the crowd around the 974 car saturday...

Denise is a real tech head now... laptop & other electronic toys.. 8)
Tony

EMSjunkie

that porta-potty in the background looks awful short :shock:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

dragrcr50

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"that porta-potty in the background looks awful short :shock:

Vance
haha, thats the tool crib on the front of hooleys trailer, comes in at aobut 10,000 lbs haha...........