Started by enjenjo, August 11, 2007, 07:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"that porta-potty in the background looks awful short :shock:

Vance

that is what happens when Bob K is a consultant on the design.

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Bib_Overalls

Tony,

If you see Denise again tell her she needs to post another one of her picture intensive trip updates on the HAMB.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

unklian

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"that porta-potty in the background looks awful short :shock:

Vance

Little People,Big World.

WZ JUNK

I got word yesterday that Mike drove the #1149 195 MPH backwards.  I am sure he will fill us in on the details as soon as he gets home and changes clothes.  He had a little experience with the Bonneville spin god.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Dave

Im still here in Ogden about 2 hrs away. Still debating if we want to drive down. We leave thursday so that only leaves tomorrow. What effect will the salt have on a regular street car? I have the grand prix here and tina has an 06 colorado. I just cant see promoting rust on either vehicle just to go out on the salt.. What can i do to get it good and clean if we come out there? Looking at the pics on the hamb of larrys roadster i dont think ill ever take a nice hot rod out there  :?  
Dave  :wink:  :arrow:

dragrcr50

Quote from: "jusjunk"Im still here in Ogden about 2 hrs away. Still debating if we want to drive down. We leave thursday so that only leaves tomorrow. What effect will the salt have on a regular street car? I have the grand prix here and tina has an 06 colorado. I just cant see promoting rust on either vehicle just to go out on the salt.. What can i do to get it good and clean if we come out there? Looking at the pics on the hamb of larrys roadster i dont think ill ever take a nice hot rod out there  :?  
well the rent car companys charge 600 to clean a car that has been on the salt, it will show up for a long time like a yr or so , it will come out of places you didnt know were there, you can jack it up and put a sprinkler uner it for a couple of days no pressure washjing or it will be worse, there is a salt away you can spray on before hand... id ride out with someone and lv it in town ...
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Dave

Quote from: "dragrcr50"
Quote from: "jusjunk"Im still here in Ogden about 2 hrs away. Still debating if we want to drive down. We leave thursday so that only leaves tomorrow. What effect will the salt have on a regular street car? I have the grand prix here and tina has an 06 colorado. I just cant see promoting rust on either vehicle just to go out on the salt.. What can i do to get it good and clean if we come out there? Looking at the pics on the hamb of larrys roadster i dont think ill ever take a nice hot rod out there  :?  
well the rent car companys charge 600 to clean a car that has been on the salt, it will show up for a long time like a yr or so , it will come out of places you didnt know were there, you can jack it up and put a sprinkler uner it for a couple of days no pressure washjing or it will be worse, there is a salt away you can spray on before hand... id ride out with someone and lv it in town ...

Well being the fact there is no one to ride out with and its gonna be over 100 F again tomorrow I guess bonneville is gonna be one place I wont see. I cant see taking a vehicle worth anything out to fill it with salt. Ive got a lot of other things to see while im here anyway and sue and i have been doing quality time with her daughter. Ive heard of the salt away too but have no idea where to get it.. I get the thrill of going to the salt but i dont get the destructive nature of the beast (salt of course) living in michigan and having to only drive nice stuff in the summer because of snow and salt id rather not help mother nature ruin my stuff :lol:  Of course we have some nice winter days that we can drive but mostly not.
Thanks for the info its a great help in making a decision for the last day here...
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

sirstude

I have had both my van and my truck out on the salt and have not seen any real issues with them afterwords.  The van is a 2000 plymouth caravan and the truck is a 2001 GMC 4x4.  You just drive out once and them back home again.  Not like the rat guys that put 1000 miles on their cars on the salt.  I would take the drive out and enjoy.  

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

WZ JUNK

Latest update.  Hooley just told me that there are finishing the reassembly of the motor this evening.  It sounded like they would fire it in the morning and be ready to make a pass if everything checks.

As a side note I have seen new cars and trucks on the salt and I have seen some of nicest streetrods on the salt.  If I was close to the flats and this was my one chance to go, I'd go.  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "dragrcr50"well the rent car companys charge 600 to clean a car that has been on the salt, it will show up for a long time like a yr or so , it will come out of places you didnt know were there, you can jack it up and put a sprinkler uner it for a couple of days no pressure washjing or it will be worse, there is a salt away you can spray on before hand... id ride out with someone and lv it in town ...

we had a rent a car.... ran it through a car wash in Wendover , then power washed it.

Came real clean.  Actually was cleaner than when we picked up the POS vehicle.

dave.. you whine like a kid... we drove out from SLC each day to the salt.  124 miles each way

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

sirstude

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "dragrcr50"well the rent car companys charge 600 to clean a car that has been on the salt, it will show up for a long time like a yr or so , it will come out of places you didnt know were there, you can jack it up and put a sprinkler uner it for a couple of days no pressure washjing or it will be worse, there is a salt away you can spray on before hand... id ride out with someone and lv it in town ...

we had a rent a car.... ran it through a car wash in Wendover , then power washed it.

Came real clean.  Actually was cleaner than when we picked up the POS vehicle.

dave.. you whine like a kid... we drove out from SLC each day to the salt.  124 miles each way

8)

What he said!!!   :wink:  :wink:
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Charlie Chops 1940

Give the old man a 6 pack of gin & tonic and a rocking chair. He's becoming unbalanced. How long ya planning on keeping Sue's car anyway? The way you guys trade off cars it'll probaly be gone before winter anyway.

On second thought I don't think ya oughta go out there...just on general principles.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

tomslik

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"Latest update.  Hooley just told me that there are finishing the reassembly of the motor this evening.  It sounded like they would fire it in the morning and be ready to make a pass if everything checks.

As a side note I have seen new cars and trucks on the salt and I have seen some of nicest streetrods on the salt.  If I was close to the flats and this was my one chance to go, I'd go.  

John

well, hell, keep us updated.
some of us still wanna know how they're doing....

JFC!
I'da swore this was the HAMB for a minute there....

:roll:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

dragrcr50

Back to the hooley guys.................lets hear bout some land speed racin here..today could be the first record day this yr for him...
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,