Alexander Bros. Grasshopper

Started by kb426, July 24, 2007, 12:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Would anyone have any knowledge of the custom mix color on the restoration of this truck?
TEAM SMART

Dave

Quote from: "kb426"Would anyone have any knowledge of the custom mix color on the restoration of this truck?

No idea but ive seen it and its sweeeeeeeeet.
Dave

kb426

The feature in the Rodders Journal lists it as " custom mix Sikkens". In my exp, that means "you won't find out" period. I'm struggling with color just the same as some of you. I can be happy with the right green. I'm not having much success finding the right color. I may have to give in to flat black just because I haven't found anything I think will be better.
TEAM SMART

river1

Quote from: "kb426"The feature in the Rodders Journal lists it as " custom mix Sikkens". In my exp, that means "you won't find out" period.

take the feature to your paint dealer maybe they can match it.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

kb426

The center spread had to many shadows to get a reading off from. I think it's a plain color with some amount of pearl mixed in. It didn't appear to be a metallic but how can you tell from a pic.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Look at a 79 Tbird emerald green as a starting point.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Carnut

Kinda remember it looking a little metallicy to me.

donsrods

That truck is one of my all time favorites.  Just so cool looking.

Don

Carnut

Ya know, Elden Titus is really good friends with the A Bros and he will be in Salina this weekend for the KKOA show.

He might actually know the color and paint used and if he dosen't I'm sure he would be willing to call the A Bros to find out.

If someone was to be going Salina way this weekend.

EMSjunkie

Its just metallic John Deere green :!:  :roll:  :wink:  :wink:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

donsrods

Didn't it have some flake on it at one time?

Don

Carnut

Don't know if it ever had flake on it.

In the old days, the color in the pic above would have been a real Candy Emerald Green toner over a silver base coat.

Guys who wanted a deep darker green would have sprayed the same toner over a gold base coat.

kb426

For those of you that have seen the car, do you think it's a candy or a straight mix?
TEAM SMART

Dave

Quote from: "kb426"For those of you that have seen the car, do you think it's a candy or a straight mix?

Ive looked at it and honestly I didnt pay much attention.. Ya I know , That didnt help at all did it..
Dave :wink:

enjenjo

I believe the original paint was a candy, don't know about it now.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.