What's the Lowdown on the Events in Blanding leading up to..

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, July 13, 2007, 11:40:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

Speed Week?

Who's going?
When are you arriving in Blanding?
Is/When is Sumner taking everyone on "The Hike"
When is the crew then leaving Blanding and heading to the Salt?
Stopping in Moad for breakie?
Stopping at Bo Huff's for tour and lunch?

Inquiring minds need to know.  8)
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Carps

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

tomslik

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Speed Week?

Who's going?

you mean sum didn't tell you that you had to stop here 1st?
i think he wanted the 6cyl out of my rambler.....
it'd fit in the trunk of the olds :lol:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

dragrcr50

i havent heard but last year we went toblancing first day and got in early in am  and hung out all day messed with the car some and went on the forced march the next day about a gazillion miles!!!!.. hehe (I am an old guy )  and next am drove to moab and had lunch and gas and on to wendover by afternoon.......... it is a fun time, I am thinking about flying out this year and miss those festivities..  ..............
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

1FATGMC

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Speed Week?

Who's going?

Hi Denise, I've been out of town and just got back.  To try and answer your questions:

I'd be interested in knowing who is coming also and what day they plan on arriving??

The "hike" will probably be on Tuesday, but if anyone gets here from the weekend on I'll take them out.

SCTA has changed things a little this year and they are letting us set up our pits on Thursday if we want.  To take advantage of that and to hopefully still get a "good" spot next to the race track we will probably leave a little earlier on Thursday morning.  Probably try and shoot for 6 am departure.  We will stop in Moab for breakfast.

I doubt we will have time to stop at Bo's, but that doesn't mean we all couldn't spit up there.  Some of us could go on to the salt and others could go to Bo's and get to Wendover later in the day.

I'm still not sure when Hooley will get to my place.  We have to put the car back up on the lift and put the weight back in it at my place and who knows if we will have to do anything else here.  If he gets here late on Tuesday we will work on the car Wed.  (reason for Tuesday hike), but if he comes in earlier then maybe will will have time for a hike on Wed. instead.  As soon as I know more I will post.  The other option is to go out Wed. morning also and work on the car in the afternoon when it is hotter.

We will for sure do a barbecue Wed. evening at the house/shop.

I'm looking forward to seeing any that can make it by here  :D .  Any other questions???

c ya,

Sum

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Dave

Ill be around the salt sometime. Our trip is to see the oldest kid so its not really a b'ville trip but sue was nice enuff to let me add it to the trip. Ive never been out in that area thats why i wanted to drive so i could see some sights. We coulda flown and used tina's truck while we are there bu that rules out the scenery part. Were gonna be in odgen which is quite a ways away but im gonna try and get some maybe a little closer for a room for 2 nights for the 3 of us. Thats the plan anyway and if it doesnt come to be there isnt anything i can do about  :lol:
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "1FATGMC"

Hi Denise, I've been out of town and just got back.  To try and answer your questions:

Thanks sweetie, I knew you'd see this sooner or later

I'd be interested in knowing who is coming also and what day they plan on arriving??

All arriving on Tuesday Aug 7th early afternoon from Durango, CO
HotRodLadyCrusr
OldBobSign
ChevyGirlRox

The "hike" will probably be on Tuesday, but if anyone gets here from the weekend on I'll take them out.

Bummed

SCTA has changed things a little this year and they are letting us set up our pits on Thursday if we want.  To take advantage of that and to hopefully still get a "good" spot next to the race track we will probably leave a little earlier on Thursday morning.  Probably try and shoot for 6 am departure.  We will stop in Moab for breakfast.

If I remember correctly you guys had me up at the butt crack of dawn for the drive to Wendover last time so I was expecting this

I doubt we will have time to stop at Bo's, but that doesn't mean we all couldn't spit up there.  Some of us could go on to the salt and others could go to Bo's and get to Wendover later in the day.

Yes, I think this is a good idea.  There is a BBQ on that Thursday evening at Ratsters off I80 on the way, if anyone from here is interested in stopping there too.  All are welcome.

I'm still not sure when Hooley will get to my place.  We have to put the car back up on the lift and put the weight back in it at my place and who knows if we will have to do anything else here.  If he gets here late on Tuesday we will work on the car Wed.  (reason for Tuesday hike), but if he comes in earlier then maybe will will have time for a hike on Wed. instead.  

Please, please, pretty please

As soon as I know more I will post.  The other option is to go out Wed. morning also and work on the car in the afternoon when it is hotter.

Whatever you decide we'll live with.  Worse comes to worse you can just tell us were to go.....National Park-wise :wink:

We will for sure do a barbecue Wed. evening at the house/shop.

We'll plan on this then....thanks

I'm looking forward to seeing any that can make it by here  :D .  Any other questions???

c ya,

Sum

1FATGMC

Quote from: "river1"i'll be coming up mon evening :lol:

later jim

Good deal  :D !!

You going to bring your 2 helmet cams???  Hooley bought 2 more and I'm going to get 1.  That way we could do away with the video cameras.  

One on the push truck.
One pointed out back under the spoiler.
One pointed down track.
One on Hooley.
One on the gauges.

Think we can remember to start all of them??  

Also I've tried to find out if we use larger memory cards in them will they record longer to no avail.  Jim maybe if you have a larger memory card than what comes in them you could try it and see if they would record longer.

Denise we will try and get in a hike Wed. morning for sure if at all possible.  Of course that will mean you will have to get "up at the butt crack of dawn" two mornings in a row  :twisted: .  Since there isn't much night life in Blanding you can get to bed early  8) .

When do you think you will get in here from Durango??  It is about 2 1/2 hour drive from there to here.  We could make arrangements for you guys to meet us for the afternoon.

c ya,

Sum

HotRodLadyCrusr

When do you think you will get in here from Durango??  It is about 2 1/2 hour drive from there to here.  We could make arrangements for you guys to meet us for the afternoon.

c ya,

Sum

Kinda depends on what time we arrive in Durango and how much we want to sitesee between here and there.  Do cell phones work in the area?  I'd liek to think we'd be tere by noonish but I certainly do not want the group waiting around a certain spot for us cuz ya just never know what acan happen.  We'll be fine with whatever is planned on your end.

I am really looking forward to seeing everyone again.  You and Megan, ChevyGirlRox have alot in common.  She's buildign a 1949 GMC....and of course her little barn find 32 roadster.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"................................
Kinda depends on what time we arrive in Durango and how much we want to sitesee between here and there..............

Do you plan on spending the night in Durango???

A cell phone would work from Durango to Blanding, but maybe not much out of town on our end.  You should be able to call out most of the way from Durango to Cortez, but not much past Cortez if you take the route below until you are close to Blanding.  Would also depend on where we were when you called, but we could work something out.

Coming from Durango to here you should go via McElmo Canyon.  Print this out:

In Cortez when you get to the west end of main street instead of going north to Monticello go south towards Shiprock.  After 3 miles or so there will be a light.  Turn right there as if going to the Cortez Airport.  Follow that road 29 miles down McElmo canyon.  Right as you leave Colo. (25 miles) there is a real old "real" indian trading post with some old cars out back.  If they are open stop and buy a pop, it will be worth it for the culture shock.  See if you can get the owner to say "anything".

4 miles past the trading post you will come to the first paved road to the right.  Turn right and follow that road 12 miles to the second "real" trading post, Hatch Trading Post.  Stay on the same paved road for another 6 miles to you get to a "T".  Turn right and go about 8 miles to highway 191.  Turn right and head north 13 miles into Blanding.  

This route is more scenic than going north and west from Cortez to Monticello on 491 and then south to Blanding on 191.  It is shorter, but twistier, so about the same amount of driving time.

BTW I don't have a cell phone (Home is 435/678-3094), so maybe get Jim's number,

Sum

1FATGMC

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"

Bummed

Talked to Hooley tonight and they will be here either Monday or Tuesday afternoon.  So we should be able to work on the car then and Wed. will be free for the hike and sightseeing  :P .

Anyone that shows up earlier we can go out Tuesday morning while it is still hopefully somewhat cooler and/or Monday.

Sum

Carps

Bob K is gunna pick me up somewhere in Iowa on Tuesday morning.  So I guess that counts us out on all the hard work.

Bob has a plan and I don't, so I figure we'll get there in time for the weekend.

If I can't figure out a way to get to where he can meet me I have a flight booked from St Louis to SLC on Wed.  But I'd much rather ride and at his age Bob could prolly use somebody with a jaw like mine to keep him awake.   :wink:
Carps

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Carps"Bob could prolly use somebody with a jaw like mine to keep him awake.   :wink:

Most of the time your yakking puts everyone to sleep, so what do you plan on doing to him to keep him up... :?:  :?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Carps

Carps