Just saying hi with some pics of the new car

Started by Roadstar, May 19, 2007, 09:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadstar

Just wanted to show off the new roadster project. Been hard at it all winter, got altiile behind over the hollidays mainly because I wanted to leave it mocked up untill my son Race saw it when he was home for Christmas.

I hope to have it on the road by June and do some crusiung this summer, and will look forward to seeing my RRT buddys along the way.

Here are a few finaly assembly shots, I am really stoked about this car.

rooster

HotRodLadyCrusr

Looks gREAT bud.  Hopfully if it dosn't make a BilletProof debute it will be ready for Indy.  Looking forward to a ride. 8)
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Dave

Very Nice Rudy.. I just came in for a bit from working on mine. If I keep going i wont make June though :lol:  :lol: . Keep up the good work.
Dave :wink:

ProEnfo

Charlie Chops 1940

Yep, pretty nice. Looking forward to seeing it.

I've gotten stalled on my roadster. Probably be fall before I get back at it.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Rudy....The car looks awesome! Hope to see it somewhere down the road this year!

By the way,Got your phone message and want to Thank You for trying to help with the old Cadillac deal......I'll find another one somewhere down the road!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

kb426

What did you use to radius the hole in the boxing plate where the brakeline went through? It does look good. You and I have bought parts from the same places.  :lol:
TEAM SMART

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Roadstar

Quote from: "kb426"What did you use to radius the hole in the boxing plate where the brakeline went through? It does look good. You and I have bought parts from the same places.  :lol:

The boxing plate comes with the hole like that, they are one piece made by Denny and MAtt at the Ionia Rod shop,,,

Thanks for the compliments guys, I'll post more pics as I get more done.

Roadstar

Here are some pics of the frame before the sealer, you can see more of the boxing plates with the "Belled" holes.

UGLY OLDS

Looks Good...What brand of front hairpins are you using ??  If you still have it assembled, can you measure the length from the rear pivot at the frame to the centerbolt at the axle?? I'm still " noodlin" that part on my "A"..I feel my Speedway hairpins look "short" for some reason..Thanks....

NO DAVE..Don't even THINK about it.... :lol:  :lol:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

UGLY OLDS

Looks Good...What brand of front hairpins are you using ??  If you still have it assembled, can you measure the length from the rear pivot at the frame to the centerbolt at the axle?? I'm still " noodlin" that part on my "A"..I feel my Speedway hairpins look "short" for some reason..Thanks....

NO DAVE..Don't even THINK about it.... :lol:  :lol:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Roadstar

Hairpins are SO-Cal Speed shop. They are 32" from the center of the front clevis bolt to the center of the frame mounting bolt.

I think they are just right in length, I know they are longer than the ones that TCI sells, those look too short when I see them.

The Speedway ones I have seen are 27" or they sell a Curtis style hairpin  that is 36" but it is a paralell bar design.

papastoyss

Quote from: "Roadstar"Just wanted to show off the new roadster project. Been hard at it all winter, got altiile behind over the hollidays mainly because I wanted to leave it mocked up untill my son Race saw it when he was home for Christmas.

I hope to have it on the road by June and do some crusiung this summer, and will look forward to seeing my RRT buddys along the way.

Here are a few finaly assembly shots, I am really stoked about this car.
Lookin good Rudy, Are you in line for an Earl Schieb paint job? Come on down & we'll kill another chicken!!!
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!