Dale Jr. to leave DEI after this season

Started by Dave, May 10, 2007, 11:26:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Hmmmmm Just i case you havent heard.. This could be a wild bidding war!
Where is he gonna land..
Dave :arrow:

rumrumm

My money would be on Richard Childress. Great program, good equipment and the Earnhardt legacy. It's pretty pathetic he has to leave the company his father meant him to have. Shame on you, Theresa.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

UGLY OLDS

"Racecars " with roofs & fenders :?:  :?:  :?:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA   :!:  :!:  :!:

:ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS""Racecars " with roofs & fenders :?:  :?:  :?:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA   :!:  :!:  :!:

:ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)

Ya i dont care for fenders and roofs but you guys arent talking about anything else on here :D  
Dave

slocrow

Quote from: "jusjunk"Where is he gonna land..Dave :arrow:
If it was on his head..............who'd know? 8)
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Carnut

Don't think Jr. is looking for money, think he's looking for a better ride and organization.

I could imagine a teammate of Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson.

1FATGMC

I think Teresa cooked her goose or some part of her anatomy here.  

Without Jr. DEI will probably cease to exist within 5 years.  Since she doesn't seem to be interested in running DEI why didn't she just take more money than she could ever spend and let Jr. take the reins??  She would also have an unlimited income into the future.  Now I'm betting she will end up losing money into the future in a team that will go down the tubes.

With Jr.'s unlimited resources to raise money for a team where he could hire away the best from some of the other teams I think he should expand on what he has now -- JRM.  Then he could have what he was trying to buy from Teresa.

c ya,

Sum

Carnut

I know Jr could do his own team, but sure hope he dosen't. Just don't think owner/driver setups work at all, too much on the mind of the owner/driver to worry about. Think the driver just needs to be concerned about keeping the pedal to the metal and let the crew worry about everything else.

Not sure I remember, but I think the car #3 was permanently retired, but don't know, maybe Childress just dropped it for awhile.

One thing I hope Jr. dosen't signup with the Waltrip Toyota team.

Yes, it does appear that Theresa may be shooting herself in the foot.

Rayvyn

Jrs. sister handles all the negotiating and business decisions for him. They own a brand new building in N.C. that houses a gift shop, museum, and garage for all his Busch teams and cars. He also owns cars that run on the Hooters circuit and is part owner of a couple of teams that run in the Nascar South Division.
Will he take Budweiser with him like Jarrett and Waltrip did with their sponsors?

Tony Stewart has made no effort in concealing the fact that he is very displeased with Nascar and the direction it's taking. He does not get along with Joe Gibbs son, who runs Gibbs racing now.  Tony also owns various Sprint, Champ and Indy Pro teams, along with The Eldora track and is part owners in a couple of others.

Stewart and Earnhardt are real good friends. They are also distant relatives. You think there may be something in the works between the 2 of them? After all, Stewart does have an early out in his contract if he wants to start his own car team ownership. But would Home Depot go with him...?

As the Nascar world turns...
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

sirstude

Bud said that the contract is with jr and is good through 2008 today.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Dave

Its gonna be interesting I hope he doesnt try a cup team as owner driver. He needs to just drive. I didnt know Tony and him were related? I also didnt know Tony was displeased with Gibbs son? Thanks for the info. I dont follow nascrap that close anymore and havent for quite q while so i miss some stuff. Ive been checking on indy though.. Real race cars dont have fenders just like hot rods..
Dave :arrow:  :wink:  :arrow:

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Carnut

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "Crosley"YAWN!

yup!!

Ah, does that mean you all won't be watching the Busch race tonight?

Dave

Quote from: "Carnut"
Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "Crosley"YAWN!

yup!!

Ah, does that mean you all won't be watching the Busch race tonight?

I didnt watch it either.. I wanted to get up early for coldwater today but my early was like 7:30..  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  No hurry got all day
Dave :arrow: