Dale Jr. to leave DEI after this season

Started by Dave, May 10, 2007, 11:26:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Carnut"
Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "Crosley"YAWN!

yup!!

Ah, does that mean you all won't be watching the Busch race tonight?

I watched part of it on I90..Just north of my house...They must have started something new...Cars & trucks racing together...Following one another after another after another after another.. :roll:  :roll:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

40 Chev Coupe

At $20 + million a year , who cares who he drives for.

Carnut

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "Carnut"
Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "Crosley"YAWN!

yup!!

Ah, does that mean you all won't be watching the Busch race tonight?

I watched part of it on I90..Just north of my house...They must have started something new...Cars & trucks racing together...Following one another after another after another after another.. :roll:  :roll:

Well, think that beats watching a bunch of stuckup European kids running around in plastic bodied gokarts at Indy.

At least NASCAR has V8's instead of a bunch of mini bangers.

Looks like when the Cart/Irl guys growup they tend to graduate to an adult
series like NASCAR.

UGLY OLDS

Well, think that beats watching a bunch of stuckup European kids running around in plastic bodied gokarts at Indy.
At least NASCAR has V8's instead of a bunch of mini bangers.

Looks like when the Cart/Irl guys growup they tend to graduate to an adult
series like NASCAR.[/quote]

George....Please don't get me wrong...I agree there is a place for NASCAR...It just seems that all the televised races are not that "exciting" ..The "COT" ?? Why?? Maybe I remember too much from the era of the Petty's, Junior Johnson , the Woods Bros. ,Etc.. When stock cars resembled "stock" cars...Restrictor plate racing?? Why?? I thought the idea was to go fast??  I haven't followed Indy since they took away the "creativity".. Jeese, maybe I'm related to Smokey Yunick or somthin'  :shock:  :shock:

Carnut

Hey, UglyOlds, I was just joshing, playing the NASCAR junkey bit.

I generally don't try to stir things up, just thought this one would be fun to dust up a bit.

I don't have strong feelings either way. I enjoy both, though I'm still a bit
nostalgic for the old 50's Indy roadsters.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Carnut"Hey, UglyOlds, I was just joshing, playing the NASCAR junkey bit.

I generally don't try to stir things up, just thought this one would be fun to dust up a bit.

Okee-Dokeee... :) ..( REAL Indy cars have NOVI's...Right :?:  :?:  :lol: )

slocrow

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Okee-Dokeee... :) ..( REAL Indy cars have NOVI's...Right :?:  :?:  :lol: )
You tell um Andy.............................
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

enjenjo

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "Carnut"Hey, UglyOlds, I was just joshing, playing the NASCAR junkey bit.

Okee-Dokeee... :) ..( REAL Indy cars have NOVI's...Right :?:  :?:  :lol: )

You know the history of the NOVI don't you? The guys who developed it, designed it to fit where a V8 Ford did. The bell housing uses the same pattern, and the front mounts are the same place. The reason? the original Novi engine went into a recycled front drive Miller Ford from 1935. And the original car had the same problem the Ford did, exhaust heat would boil the lube out of the steering box, and seize it up.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

slocrow

Quote from: "enjenjo"You know the history of the NOVI don't you? The guys who developed it, designed it to fit where a V8 Ford did. The bell housing uses the same pattern, and the front mounts are the same place. The reason? the original Novi engine went into a recycled front drive Miller Ford from 1935. And the original car had the same problem the Ford did, exhaust heat would boil the lube out of the steering box, and seize it up.
That's interesting stuff I hadn't heard..................Thanks
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

dragrcr50

just confirms why i have never watched a nascar race..................................yawn.......
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,