Got Gas??

Started by KustomLincolnLady, May 02, 2007, 03:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KustomLincolnLady

well, this morn when I left the house gas was at 2.99 (been between there and 2.89 the past two weeks.

so at lunch I had to run an errand and its now at 3.19 :shock:  *!!!  but i found one station that had it for 2.95 and I went to lunch really late today so there wasn't the usual line.

wish I could have had the lincoln and truck with me too  :cry:
Debb

UGLY OLDS

It's $3.15 "and rising"  around here.... :(  :(  It's starten' to look like it's gonna "put a crimp"  in my  car show "Vacation Schedule " this year...It's just gettin' to be too expensive...2 or 3 nights in a motel....
( Always "discounted for the car show weekend" .. :evil:  :evil: ) ,  $25.00 & up for show admission...Meals ....It sure makes  the local shows look better & better....... :cry:  :cry:   Too bad......
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Dave

Screw em... Sue is off overtime as of today and it was her choice. We are now riding together and its gonna be a lot cheaper. My truck even being a colorado costs at least 60 bux a week to drive to work. Her new used grand prix is only 40. and that gets a week and a half right now. We may even ride the bike tomorrow. Im gonna still do what i want to do. Its gonna cost me more prolly cause im still re rating my priorities and i really dont want to spend my summer sitting at car shows this year. I want to drive the coupe ride the bike and go to a lot of sprint car races and after last year and being here to talk about the big heart attack im gonna do just that. Ive done a lot of thinking in the last couple months and i really dont give a squat what the price of gas is im gonna have fun! Im even gonna miss the ypsi show this weekend cause the step daughter and the grand daughter are gonna be here..  Im gonna play with the kid cause she loves her POP :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
This gas thing really * me off but im not gonna let it stop me from having a good time. We have some survivors out here and im here to tell ya stuff like priorties change after you have been told you were brought back from the dead several times. (they never gave an exact number)
If I just go downtown to the jackson cruise nights with the coupe its still gonna be fun. I can still drive it and im not gonna sell it till the government tells me i have to and that means it will be here when i die.
Well if someone offers 45k then its gone :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Lets not worry about gas prices and just enjoy what we have now..
Dave

Sean

phat rat

Amen Dave. Gas here was $2.989 this morning and went up to $3.249 about noon at some stations. I gassed up the cpe while I was out at the $2.989. Later this afternoon I was out with the truck and drove by a place still at $2.989 so $78 later that's sitting on full also.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Dave

Quote from: "phat rat"Amen Dave. Gas here was $2.989 this morning and went up to $3.249 about noon at some stations. I gassed up the cpe while I was out at the $2.989. Later this afternoon I was out with the truck and drove by a place still at $2.989 so $78 later that's sitting on full also.

Reallity Jack.. They play games .. Tomorrow or next week it will prolly be cheaper so how much did you really save filling up today :?:  I cant even follow this crap anymore and im sure not gonna drive all the way across town to save a nickle on gas. I know people that do.. Hopefully this will get fixed again like every summer..
Dave

phat rat

Well the way they are talking it's probably not going to be much under $3 for a while. We're going camping up north next week so that'll use a fair amount of gas. Being as I gassed up at $2.989 I saved $7 on just the truck from the other stations that were at $3.25. Hey if the truck would've been about empty it would've saved almost $20 (76 gal capacity)
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

kb426

There was one station still at 2.90. All the others are 3.02 or 3.04. It would be great if a hotrod made 40 mpg and 450 hp. I'm committed to efi on my 32 with hopes of some fuel mileage.
TEAM SMART

Fuzzy

There aren't many businesses out there that openly flaunt their quarterly profits in your face,the way the oil industry does.They do it purposely to * us off because they know we can't do anything about it.Remember our "government" investigated them and found no price gouging. I think their all commies! Billions in PROFIT quarterly---Greedy   F^%$#@  B@%$#@&%   :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:
No billet for this kid!

Charlie Chops 1940

I had an e-mail the other that proposes a boycott of gasoline purchases on May 15th. I'm in.

I think we ought to boycott gasoline for at least five days. That pipeline has almost zero unfilled capacity. After 5 days of half the people in the US not buying gas I suspect the price would come down real fast. The supply relies on the consumer keeping a real big share of the product in their cars so that new product continues to be put into the pipeline. We are the excess fuel storage dump and if we refuse to store it the only way for big oil to get it out  is to drop the price.

We need to find some to put a screeching halt to these money grabbing corporations and the people they are paying off to maintain their monopoly.

I'm Charlie Gould, and I'm angry!!!
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Fuzzy

Yeah buddy! Anybody else? The soap box is empty.
No billet for this kid!

freddrew

Cheer up!! You could be in Canada where it is running$1.08 or more per liter.  That works out to a minimum of $4.32 per US gallon.

Fred Drew
Fred

Crosley.In.AZ

2.92 for diesel fuel last night..  I am glad this Jetta is gettin 42 mpg.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

I put a new tire and brakes on the front of the cycle today after work.  I've been trying to ride it more now that my knee is finally feeling better.  But, the ole knee gets worked on on the 14th, so it'll be back to 4 wheels for a while again.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Dave

The other day when i filled the harley i checked and i got a little over 37 miles to the gallon. Now im sure thats gonna drop when i start driving on the expressway every day but ill bet i can still get around 32.The other thing that * me off is we got people where I work making like 7 bux an hour :?: How are they supposed to enjoy themselves and buy stuff like houses and cars etc etc with gas at 3 bux a gallon :?: Its all about the rich and no i dont fall in there either..Im all for boycotting the oil companys for  a few days but the ones * like the yuppies and tree huggers are gonna be right there filling up. Why :?: Cause there aint no lines to the pump..And the rich dont care anyway..
Dave :arrow: