Detroit Autorama Roll Call and Meet & Greet Info

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, February 20, 2007, 09:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I just got home from Cobo, and Denise's party. I had taken nearly 300 pictures when it dawned on me that my cell phone doesn't have a camera in it. :roll: Next time I promise. :lol: SWMBO and I had a great time.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Got home last night about 10PM. LOOOOONG 14hr drive but worth every ache and pain! Sure wish I could have stayed for the bash at Denises but too many things going on and it worked better to come early during the week. Got to see many of the RRT/HAMB membership but also missed catching up with others who arrived Saturday.....maybe when I get "Old" I can stay the entire weekend! The cars were "Cutting Edge" as usual.....2 or 3 cars were extremely outstanding but the 36 Ford Coupe built by Trepanier is a certain lock for the "Riddler" in my opinion. Having just finished a 36 Coupe myself,I could easily recognize the magnitude of the modifications incorporated into the build......If you get a chance,be sure and check the car out closely! I found myself several times intently studying that car like there was  going to be a test! The display itself probably cost more than the build on my car! What was really refreshing to me was Troy's "down to earth" attitude.....He was very friendly,answered questions,shook hands etc.....didn't display the snobbish attitude we've all seen from some of the other "Famous" builders! I am hoping one of the mags does a really "in depth" article on this car that gets into the details of the mods made. My buddy Kevin,took over 1,000 photos.....He or I will post a link to his site after he gets them up.It was great to see everyone......Really helped shake the "Winter Blues"
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

enjenjo

I was not overly impressed with any of the great 8. I agree with the Trepanier car, but all of them are pretty much looking alike now. I mean they are all using the same styling tricks to the point that they look the same, The craftsmanship, and execution is without peer, but they are starting to look like they all started with the same body.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

34ford

Looks like the 36 is the winner.  Here's a link to the winner and the final 8.
http://www.streetrodderweb.com/

Dave

10:05 pm im having a cocktail and thinking about work tomorrow. Had a great  time a boring time but a fun time. Oh ya a very expensive time. For those who missed me .. Sorry .. for those who didnt .. Sorry :lol: Spent some time with Frank Sr and his wife up stairs by my car and  that was after the HAMB meet and greet that we also attended. We got lucky and got the hell outta there and home early. Oh ya  fun with slocrow and his buddy Joe and met up with bobk for a bit.. Lets see  :?:  :?:  :?:  who else :?:  :?:  :?: Wow.. Today was layed back.. Sue and i got on the people mover and went to greek town.. Ate a big meal did some sight seeing.. Then back to cobo. Went down by the river and was gonna make out but it was still kinda chilly  :lol: Went back inside :lol: I got some pics but they aint happenin tonite..
Dave ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

39deluxe

Well I didn't make it. I got home from work at 9 yesterday morning and collapsed.

As for the Great 8 pictures it does look like they are running out of fresh ideas. The execution is without a doubt flawless but the end results say "I can do the same thing you did last year better".

Tom

Hey Dave,It was nice to see you and Sue again.....Even if you don't remember  :wink:
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Dave

Quote from: "40"Hey Dave,It was nice to see you and Sue again.....Even if you don't remember  :wink:

I figured that might fire ya up .. I remember.. Thats was early..
Dave :wink:  :lol:

phat rat

Quote from: "jusjunk"10:05 pm im having a cocktail and thinking about work tomorrow. Had a great  time a boring time but a fun time. Oh ya a very expensive time. For those who missed me .. Sorry .. for those who didnt .. Sorry :lol: Spent some time with Frank Sr and his wife up stairs by my car and  that was after the HAMB meet and greet that we also attended. We got lucky and got the hell outta there and home early. Oh ya  fun with slocrow and his buddy Joe and met up with bobk for a bit.. Lets see  :?:  :?:  :?:  who else :?:  :?:  :?: Wow.. Today was layed back.. Sue and i got on the people mover and went to greek town.. Ate a big meal did some sight seeing.. Then back to cobo. Went down by the river and was gonna make out but it was still kinda chilly  :lol: Went back inside :lol: I got some pics but they aint happenin tonite..
Dave ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

To cold to make out?  :shock: Man are you showing your age :lol: And now that you've met Joe your lifes complete. :wink:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Dave

I met joe quite a while ago jack so my life has been complete for a few years now!  :lol: I told frank to tell him that my wifes name was sue and he better not screw it up this time :wink: He was apologizing to sue all weekend  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  We had fun
Dave :wink:

phat rat

I didn't remember that you knew him. Joe's a good egg and I can picture him apologizing all week-end

Rayvyn

Quote from: phat rat
To cold to make out?  :shock: Man are you showing your age :lol: quote]

Yeah but he'll walk for miles to go sit for hours in a tree stand in the freezing cold just to cause a deer to wheeze, but he can't roll around around on the river bank with the little woman while watching the submarine races... :roll:

What a Barney... :wink:  :D  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Dave

Quote from: Rayvyn
Quote from: "phat rat"

Yeah but he'll walk for miles to go sit for hours in a tree stand in the freezing cold just to cause a deer to wheeze, but he can't roll around around on the river bank with the little woman while watching the submarine races... :roll:

Sue just told me you have a point :lol: Your starting to scare me especially if Sue agrees with you..
Dave :arrow:

Rayvyn

Quote from: jusjunk
Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "phat rat"

Sue just told me you have a point :lol: Your starting to scare me especially if Sue agrees with you..
Dave :arrow:

Hey,

I have something that might help you both out... :idea:

How about a poster of Danica Patrick for you,  ~:)  and a close up pic of Paul Newman for her... :shock:  );b(

Check it out...
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

phat rat

Like I said OLD!!!!!!  :P  He sure enough has to be older than me :lol:  :lol: Probably doesn't even know about submarine races 8)