Detroit Autorama Roll Call and Meet & Greet Info

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, February 20, 2007, 09:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

The Detroit Autorama is March 9-11th

Once again the NightMares have offered up their club display for the RRT and HAMB folks to hang out in, meet, bench race and whatever. This will be downstairs of course. Thanks so much to all the club members for letting us invade their space in droves. We really appreciate the hospitality.

We've always had Meet & Greets schedule for each day of the Autorama and for Thursday move as well because there has always been so many folks going on so many of the different days. This year will be no exception I'm sure.

How does 2pm each day, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the NightMares club display sound?

and how about introducing yourselves around when you get to the spot. Sometimes guys hang out with their hands in their pockets and don't talk to anyone. Kinda hard to meet someone and carry on a conversation if you don't introduce yourself.  

We'll have name tags and sharpies and I believe OldBobSign is also making Meet & Greet stickers for eveyone as well. Make sure you get one of those too, they might end up being collectors items.

Ok, roll call, who's going??

Also, I guess this is as good a place as any to let everyone know that once again I will have a Saturday nite Autorama Mingle at my place in Livonia which is approx 15 miles from Cobo Hall.

Anytime after 7pm is fine. I'll have horse-doors and other kinds of snacks, jello shots and soft drinks but you guys will need to bring your own beer and/or liquor.

I do believe my Tiki Lounge will be completed, including a bar so we'll be breaking that in right!

Mapquest directions from

Cobo Hall
One Washington Blvd
Detroit, MI 48226

to

29129 Oriole
Livonia, MI 48154
734-673-6930

I'll have invites with directions at Cobo as well but it's very, very easy to get to from Downtown now that construction is completed. The entrance to the freeway runs right along the side of Cobo Hall right by the ramp that you take to get inside or to the roof or to Cobo Joes.

Hope everyone can make it
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Charlie Chops 1940

Will be going to the Louisville swap meet which falls that weekend this year...sorry, I'll miss you all.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

river1

if someone was planning on flying in, should he come in on weds or thur?

leaving sun nite or mon AM?

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Leon

We're looking forward to meeting everyone.  See you in 2 weeks!

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "river1"if someone was planning on flying in, should he come in on weds or thur?

leaving sun nite or mon AM?

later jim

Well, if it were me and I had the time off work, I'd come in on Wed so I could hit move in day, all day on Thursday.  By Sunday I'm alittle worn out BUT I like watching the awards and right after the awards is when the show is over and everyone starts firing them up and driving out.  Pretty cool to watch.  If you've never been to the Henry Ford Museum you could go there Sunday morning, then hit the Autorama and fly out Monday AM.

If you are planning on coming might I suggest a $20 all weekend pass.  It needs to be purchased on Thursday and I can help with that.  If you need a ride to and from the airport, just let me know.  Also, I've got plenty of room here at the house too.  Leon and Sharon will be borrowing a car from my folks which I'm sure you could hitch a ride downtown with, or me, or Dad, or any of the other folks that will be staying here.  

I hope you do come out, it will be fun.

timkins

Where exactly will the meet take place? There are 2 buses coming in sometime on Friday afternoon and leaving there on Saturday afternoon from the Rochester Street Rods in upstate NY. Close to 80 people on the buses. The problem is we probably won't be there until after 3:00 pm and by the time we check into the hotel it will be closer to 4:30 before we get to Cobo Hall.

Dave

thursday is out i gotta work.. ill be there wednesday at 2 for my setup..Ill see the rest of you friday saturday and sunday.
Dave

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "timkins"Where exactly will the meet take place? There are 2 buses coming in sometime on Friday afternoon and leaving there on Saturday afternoon from the Rochester Street Rods in upstate NY. Close to 80 people on the buses. The problem is we probably won't be there until after 3:00 pm and by the time we check into the hotel it will be closer to 4:30 before we get to Cobo Hall.

The NightMares display is downstairs in the Traditional Hot Rod and Customs area.  You really won't be able to miss it.  They usually have a graveyard looking display with wrought iron type fencing around it and a very large metal sign that says NightMares.  They are a scary looking group of guys but very friendly :wink:

I can also be found at my Fathers black and silver '56 Olds which will be upstairs throughout the weekend.

n.c.rodder

I'll be there all day Saturday, working the NSRA booth off & on. Not sure if I'll be able to hit the meet & greet time. I have to attend the MHRA calender of events meeting & it's right around the same time. I'll be in the building all day. If anybody runs into me, stop & say hi. I'll be easy to spot - I'll be waring my (BLUE & WHITE bowling shirt!!) 8)

I do know I'll have to look up that GOLD CHAINER from Jackson  :wink: , just to find out if he's as nuts as every body says he is!! :roll:

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

Dave

Quote from: "n.c.rodder"I'll be there all day Saturday, working the NSRA booth off & on. Not sure if I'll be able to hit the meet & greet time. I have to attend the MHRA calender of events meeting & it's right around the same time. I'll be in the building all day. If anybody runs into me, stop & say hi. I'll be easy to spot - I'll be waring my (BLUE & WHITE bowling shirt!!) 8)

I do know I'll have to look up that GOLD CHAINER from Jackson  :wink: , just to find out if he's as nuts as every body says he is!! :roll:

Mike

I will make sure my gold chain is visable just because thats the way i am.. Ill be looking for you too so watch out..  :lol:  :lol:
Dave

KustomLincolnLady

we will be there sat and hopefully again on sunday  :lol:  can't wait!!!!!
Debb

parklane

If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

Fuzzy

I'll be there Saturday.See ya'.
                                 Fuzz
No billet for this kid!

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

Quote from: "n.c.rodder"I'll be there all day Saturday, working the NSRA booth off & on. Not sure if I'll be able to hit the meet & greet time. I have to attend the MHRA calender of events meeting & it's right around the same time. I'll be in the building all day. If anybody runs into me, stop & say hi. I'll be easy to spot - I'll be waring my (BLUE & WHITE bowling shirt!!) 8)

Mike

IF??? :shock:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.