Next BBQ build day

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2004, 12:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I looked at the pictures you sent, nice fenders.  If the other set fall through, I'll let you know.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "enjenjo"Well It looks like the 15th works best for the majority of our build group. So we'll shoot for that. I'll try to get some of the small stuff done before that, so we have a fighting chance of finishing that day. The fenders have still not come in, we may have to go to a second source.

we cant make it on the 15th!!!  unless it rains,  :roll:  then maybe we can !!!    :cry:

Debb

Roadstar

Hmmm the 15'th eh, I'll have my people get with your people and see what we can do. :P

Charlie Chops 1940

Rudy,

I'll have my people smack the snot out of your people...then you'll be there.

See ya then.

Charlie...rain or shine...I ain't even cleaned the bugs off from the last trip yet.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

purplepickup

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"See ya then....rain or shine...I ain't even cleaned the bugs off from the last trip yet.

Ahh, I'll bet it's good to have the '40 back on the road.  

I'll probably go fungus hunting up north the weekend of the build.  It depends on the weather.  We need rain for the fungus to grow.  If it doesnt grow, I'm going to try to drive the pickup down to Swanton.  It'll have some "work in progess" areas but should be driveable.  I guess everybody's car is a work in progress.
George

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Roadstar"Hmmm the 15'th eh, I'll have my people get with your people and see what we can do. :P

Hey

Rudy I am still waiting for your people to get ahold of me. Everytime the old man asks is your people called yet and I say no. I get slapped. Now I am used to it and kind of enjoy it at times but I am not real crazy about getting hit every ten minutes.

SKR8PN

Quote from: "Fat Cat"
Quote from: "Roadstar"Hmmm the 15'th eh, I'll have my people get with your people and see what we can do. :P

Hey

Rudy I am still waiting for your people to get ahold of me. Everytime the old man asks is your people called yet and I say no. I get slapped. Now I am used to it and kind of enjoy it at times but I am not real crazy about getting hit every ten minutes.

FatCat.......I always thought you were about a half a bubble out of level.....
I believe this confims my suspicions :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Enjenjo.I have also come up wiith a couple more propane tanks.
Do we  need spares for future rotation?????
Any news on your fender hookup yet?
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

enjenjo

LOL, I came up with another tank myself!!! The fenders are supposed to be here monday, we shall see.

GPster

Do we have fenders yet? Or is that up to the second plan? What about tail lights? Are we looking to put them in the rear doors or maybe mount the off the fenders like a Model "A"? GPster

enjenjo

I received the fenders, I am not totally happy with them. They are a bit narrow. Jim, how wide are the fenders you have?

The lights will be in the rear doors. You have something in mind Joe?

GPster

Quote from: "enjenjo"I received the fenders, I am not totally happy with them. They are a bit narrow. Jim, how wide are the fenders you have?

The lights will be in the rear doors. You have something in mind Joe?
Did we skin those doors already? The thickness (!") is not very much for those recessed lights. Maybe we could cut slots in the outer skin and cover the slots on the inside with red plexglass and put holes in the inside skin sized for those insert style of light sockets so we wouldn't have to dismantle the door to change bulbs. Then of course if we skin the inside of those doors with vanity plates, we could attach them with screws and remove them to gain access to a cut-out in the skin to change the bulbs and everything could be enclosed in the door. GPster

GPster

Got a thought while I was out walking the dog ( he feels hurt since I started driving). Following the line of my preveious idea can our louver guru double stamp louvers for a back panel so that we can end up with louvers with an opening underneath the eye-brow for the light to shine through? trying to imaginge how it would be done , maybe louvers would be stamped with more space between them so that a new louver could be stamped in between them with the cut line of the new louver would be a the eye brow bend of the louver underneath it . That should help removing the eyebrow of the underneath louver and would leave space for light to come out for the stop light and directional light in the previous idea. This would give every light opening an eyebrow and would have a different look than milled looking slots. GPster

Charlie Chops 1940

Turns out that I'm not going to be able to make this work bee. Have a lot of family obligations on the weekend in questions. But, I know you guys can handle it without me.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

enjenjo

No problem Charlie.

Can I get a rough count on who will be here? Come on, speak up!!!!

GPster

Quote from: "enjenjo"No problem Charlie.

Can I get a rough count on who will be here? Come on, speak up!!!!
Me