Whats your favorite autographed car Memorabilia?

Started by KustomLincolnLady, January 03, 2007, 08:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KustomLincolnLady

I thought this might be fun to see everyones stuff  :lol:

My current favorite is my steel disc that I bought last yr at the San Francisco Rod and Custom show.  Rob and I won KOA's drawing last yr and got to attend. Included in this was the Hall of Fame Luncheon. I had seen this disc at the souvenir booth and after we got to the luncheon, I ran out an purchased one, brought it back and proceeded to get it signed

several people in the room wanted to know where I got that disc, John D included (his purple elvis caddy was on it) unfortunately I had purchased the next to last one, making it even more special for my plan  :lol:

some of the names on it are:

Herb Martinez,                    Bud Millard
George Hague,                   Eric Rickman

Howey Ledbetter,               Art Himsl   (these 2 were at the table next to us, man the stories they had!!!!! They were a lot of fun, i sat with them for a while and talked.

Darryl Hollenbeck,             Rick Dore
John D'Agostino,                Richard Zocchi
Joe Bailon,                        Sonni Morris
Roy Brizio ,                       Andy Brizio
Frank Livingston,               Bob Larivee
Andy southard Jr ,             Blackie Gejian
Steve Moal,                  
Greg sharp ,                  

and there are about 10 others

some of these people we are friends with from all of our kustom shows over the yrs. It was great to see them again, and they introduced us to several people we didn't know.

we had a great time and heard lots of stories from some of the greats. It was fun being in there with them without  a lot of other people around them.
I have this proudly hung on my kitchen wall!!!! I worked hard for it and I love it.

I'm working on my 2nd fav project now. I purchased a bright green 50's purse that I started taking to shows with me. I am having people sign it to add to my purse collection  :P

I am sure that MR. BONES will be making an appearance shortly  :wink:

enjenjo

I have a vibration damper from Dale Earnhart's 1994 bristol car.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Don Garlits autographed  piston from one of his fuel cars.

Richard Petty poster from the SEMA show in the 1980's (do not remember which year)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

donsrods

An autographed poster of Grabowskis T, signed by Norm himself.  And he only charged me $ 20 bucks for it.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Don

Carnut

I've never really gone for the autograph bit, but I have collected the following just for grins and treasure them in my life.

I treasure this plaque even though I've been abused a bit by some of NSRA's policies.

alchevy

Well, I guess you can call this one a missed opportunity to get an autograph:

One year while at Louisville, at the Nats, I was walking around the swap meet looking at stuff. I stopped at a booth where they were selling seats out of junkyard cars. I started looking around and found a console to purchase. It wasn't marked with a price so I waited until the booth owner got through with a customer and asked how much for the console. While I was standing there listening to the customer talk to the guy at the booth, I overheard the customer ask the guy if he could ship to California and he said that that's where these seats were from because he lived in California. Towards the end of the conversation, the guy at the booth asked the customer what his name was. The customer replied: Chip Foose. I paid for my console and brought it back to the tent where we were setup and told this story to a friend of mine and he said: You didn't get his autograph??
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

HotRodLadyCrusr

That disc is very cool Debb.  What a great momento of the event for you.

I've got a number of favorites and would hate to have to choose.  One that keeps getting added to is my computer room door.  It's has about a dozen different artists and of course they all signed their work.

When I get home tonight I'll take photos of a few more of my favorites
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

kb426

I've got an Ed Roth piece. Lots of art, few autographs.
TEAM SMART

Normspeed

I don't have much autographed stuff but I do treasure this pic of my best bud Grandadeo autographing a wall hanger at a barbecue shindig hosted by a fella named Thumper...and of course, there is a story attached to that wall hanger.

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "40chevy"Well, I guess you can call this one a missed opportunity to get an autograph:

One year while at Louisville, at the Nats, I was walking around the swap meet looking at stuff. I stopped at a booth where they were selling seats out of junkyard cars. I started looking around and found a console to purchase. It wasn't marked with a price so I waited until the booth owner got through with a customer and asked how much for the console. While I was standing there listening to the customer talk to the guy at the booth, I overheard the customer ask the guy if he could ship to California and he said that that's where these seats were from because he lived in California. Towards the end of the conversation, the guy at the booth asked the customer what his name was. The customer replied: Chip Foose. I paid for my console and brought it back to the tent where we were setup and told this story to a friend of mine and he said: You didn't get his autograph??

:shock:  HUH!!!!  and my question is you didn't reconize him???

I have his too, its in the glove box of the Lincoln, I made rob find an extra glove box so if we ever sell the car I can keep the one I've worked hard on.
it has Foose, Normie poo, titus, winfield, barris, bailon, john D, jack walker, merl berg, Kaiser (of clark/kaiser fame) * there are a bunch more I can't think of at the moment  :roll:

we also have a few roth pieces (signed)

Denise, your door has a lot added since the last time I saw it. I did see the pics of Dave adding to it that you posted.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"

Denise, your door has a lot added since the last time I saw it. I did see the pics of Dave adding to it that you posted.

It has room for a few more colors at the bottom but after that I think I'll call it "done".  It's certainly is not going to leave the house any longer and get dragged to a panel jam.  I would be heartbroken if anything happened to it now.

I've gotten myself a very "cool" 1949 vintage cooler in near perfect shape with a tray and bottle opener on the inside.  It's currently being painted black with "HotRodLadyCrusr" written across the "front" and this is what I will drag to events to be striped, and of course I will use it as a "real" cooler in Big Olds.  No more huge, blue plastic cooler bunged in the backseat area any longer.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Hey Norm, got enough plaques on the wall there bud???  I'd be careful.  Looks like it might tumble at any moment from the weight. :wink:

alchevy

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"
:shock:  HUH!!!!  and my question is you didn't reconize him???

That was several years ago and I had heard his name, but didn't exactly know what he looked like at the time.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Normspeed

Hiya Denise, Happy New Year.  Not my wall.  The interesting thing is, that's not inside Thumper's house, it's his garage wall.  Heck, I don't even have a garage, just a shade tree!   :?

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Hey Norm, got enough plaques on the wall there bud???  I'd be careful.  Looks like it might tumble at any moment from the weight. :wink:

Grandadeo

I guess on top of my list is the autographed 8x10 glossy of Ed Iskendarian and me.  Followed closely by the autographed Rat Fink T-Shirt and another 8x10 glossy of Tommy Ivo and me.  

The ISKY pic was taken at the SoCal Open House about 4 or 5 years ago.  Had the 8x10 made and carried it to the Roadster Show every year in hopes of having Ed sign it but never saw him there.  Last year the GoodGuy Gazette ran a story on him and told where he had lunch every day.  So we made a cross-LA trip to be there for lunch.  Sure enough, he showed up and had several people besides us waiting to see him.  Got the picture signed and had a good lunch.  Have a few other ISKY items signed by Ed that he was passing out at the Open House when the picture was taken  

The Rat Fink shirt was from the Roadster Show over 10 years ago.  Ed Roth had a booth out in the swap meet selling and signing his art work.  He was very interesting to listen to and I especially liked the time and attention he gave to a boy, early teens, who was with his dad and was an aspiring hot rod artist.  

The Ivo picture was from the '96 Hot Rod Reunion in Bakersfield.  Again had the 8x10 glossy made and took it back out to the Roadster Show a few years later in case he was around.  That must have been the year of the first RRT Pine Wood Derby Jet Car Nationals at Bob Beck's house.  Bob was nice enough to take the picture to the next Road Kings club meeting and have Tommy sign it and mailed it back to me.  Thanks again Bob.

Almost forgot, I picked up an old off brand rod magazine from the early '50s that had the cars and drivers of the SoCal Speed Shop on the cover.  Alex X signed it for me a year or two back.

Other that those my favorite memorabilia items are those crude little things that my kids and grand daughter have made over the years,  You know, like the clay wall hangers with their hand print on them and stuff like that.  Those are really the most important to me.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50