Whats your favorite autographed car Memorabilia?

Started by KustomLincolnLady, January 03, 2007, 08:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: "Carnut"I've never really gone for the autograph bit, but I have collected the following just for grins and treasure them in my life.

I treasure this plaque even though I've been abused a bit by some of NSRA's policies.

Jerry Morelands 40? Saw it run at Milan dragway years ago.. I also saw the car at good guys indy 2 years ago.. sweet ride

Dave

oh ya i got a pic wishing me a happy b day from cindy willams. (happy Days)
and ive got an autographed tin sign by boyd and his wife! 8)  8)
Dave
thats about all cause you guys dont follow sprint car drivers like i do :wink:

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "jusjunk"

You got Sammys autograph?

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Rayvyn

Quote from: "jusjunk"you guys dont follow sprint car drivers like i do :wink:

Oh Yeah... :?:

I'll have to pull my T-shirts out of storage that are signed by Danny Lasoski and Tony Stewart (when he owned that team) from the East Bay Raceway Winternationals, also Jeff Gordon, Joey Soldana, Travis Rhyman, Sammy Swindell, Kenny Adams, Wade Burton, an old Flemington NJ Speedway modified shirt inked by Ray Evernham, A N.J. Southern Regional High School yearbook signed by nascar driver Martin Truex (Same high school I went to), A Bridgeport Speedway shirt signed by Billy Wilburn and Rusty Wallace (Wilburn was his front tire changer and Wallace was co-owner of the sprint team), odds and ends signed by Ken Schrader, Donnie and Davey Allison, Adam Petty, Elliot and Ermie Sadler, Todd Bodine, Jimmy Spencer, and Michael Waltrip (when he drove the Pennzoil car).
All of the above drove sprint cars at one time or another.

And I have a video of myself riding with Jack Hewitt in his 2 seater 410 sprint car at East Bay. I won the ride in a raffle during the winternationals.

I also have a guitar signed by Michael Waltrip and country singer Alan Jackson, which I bought for my girlfriend through a Victory Junction Gang charity auction which is the charity run by the Pettys. OH yeah, included in the paperwork that went with the purchase, was a signed Thank You note from Richard and Kyle Petty.

Not bad for a tuna captain, huh?... :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Normspeed

Lee, that's really spooky.  I seem to remember all those as if I were actually there!  Didn't you also get an autograph from one of the ZZ top guys?

I forgot all about tracking down Iskendarian's lunch joint.  You sir, are a trip!   );b(
Quote from: "Grandadeo"I guess on top of my list is the autographed 8x10 glossy of Ed Iskendarian and me.  Followed closely by the autographed Rat Fink T-Shirt and another 8x10 glossy of Tommy Ivo and me.  

The ISKY pic was taken at the SoCal Open House about 4 or 5 years ago.  Had the 8x10 made and carried it to the Roadster Show every year in hopes of having Ed sign it but never saw him there.  Last year the GoodGuy Gazette ran a story on him and told where he had lunch every day.  So we made a cross-LA trip to be there for lunch.  Sure enough, he showed up and had several people besides us waiting to see him.  Got the picture signed and had a good lunch.  Have a few other ISKY items signed by Ed that he was passing out at the Open House when the picture was taken  

The Rat Fink shirt was from the Roadster Show over 10 years ago.  Ed Roth had a booth out in the swap meet selling and signing his art work.  He was very interesting to listen to and I especially liked the time and attention he gave to a boy, early teens, who was with his dad and was an aspiring hot rod artist.  

The Ivo picture was from the '96 Hot Rod Reunion in Bakersfield.  Again had the 8x10 glossy made and took it back out to the Roadster Show a few years later in case he was around.  That must have been the year of the first RRT Pine Wood Derby Jet Car Nationals at Bob Beck's house.  Bob was nice enough to take the picture to the next Road Kings club meeting and have Tommy sign it and mailed it back to me.  Thanks again Bob.

Almost forgot, I picked up an old off brand rod magazine from the early '50s that had the cars and drivers of the SoCal Speed Shop on the cover.  Alex X signed it for me a year or two back.

Other that those my favorite memorabilia items are those crude little things that my kids and grand daughter have made over the years,  You know, like the clay wall hangers with their hand print on them and stuff like that.  Those are really the most important to me.

Lee

HotRodLadyCrusr

A few more of my favorite pieces

A Dave Bell persoanlly signed original that has Big Olds in it.  Appeared in Streetrodder a couple of months ago

A Froggert original of my '47 Chevy (RIP)

Tingler original

A Eric Aurand original

Jeff Shea original

Ray Smith AKA ElVago original

Larry Hanson

I have about a dozen pinstripe switch plates and outlet covers around the house now by different artists.  This is one of my favorites
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Grandadeo

Quote from: NormspeedDidn't you also get an autograph from one of the ZZ top guys?

I forgot about that one.  Actually we were under the trees in the Roadster Show  swap area.  I asked Billy Gibbons if he would mind a picture of us together.  This was long before his book signings and public appearances at the shows.  He politely refused - something about his spirit being captured in the camera - No not really.  It was probably a bad move on my part.  The guy was just trying to enjoy the swap and I'm sure wanted to be left alone.  Can't blame him.  He pulled out a small pad with a ZZ TOP logo on it and signed it for me.  But I was hoping for a picture.  Maybe this year.  This past year I was at  the same swap space as Mr. Gibbons and he was looking at an Anglia dash.  He asked the price, was told $200, he set it down and moved on.  Wonder what project that was for.

Oh yeah, speaking of remembering.  Do you remember any part of the ZZ TOP concert out in San Berdoo we went to 3 or 4 years ago?  I thought I lost you somewhere between Ted Nugent and ZZ TOP.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

HotRodLadyCrusr

Normspeed

I recall helping the nice lady sitting in front of us to light her cigarette.  Then she bought me some beer.  Then I remember that we couldn't find the rental car after the show.  

It was a great concert.  The parts I remember. :roll:  

Oh yeah, speaking of remembering.  Do you remember any part of the ZZ TOP concert out in San Berdoo we went to 3 or 4 years ago?  I thought I lost you somewhere between Ted Nugent and ZZ TOP.

Lee[/quote]

Rayvyn

Quote from: HotRodLadyCrusrA few more of my favorite pieces
Tingler original

quote]

I see you've been Von Tinglered as well... 8)  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "Rayvyn"

I see you've been Von Tinglered as well... 8)  :D

Yep. Jason presented it to me as a surprise gift at an art exhibt of his in L'ville during the Nats a couple of years ago.  It's hanging in my kitchen.

Dave

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
Quote from: "jusjunk"

You got Sammys autograph?

Vance

Thats kinda a dumb question .. hell ya .. got steves too all on thre same shirt.. My kids had sammy sign some old stickers from when we went to the race at bristol when they covered it in dirt. He was suppriedes they still had em.. That was last summer at eldora. That reminds me my kid was gonna give me one..
Dave

Dave

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "jusjunk"you guys dont follow sprint car drivers like i do :wink:

Oh Yeah... :?:

I'll have to pull my T-shirts out of storage that are signed by Danny Lasoski and Tony Stewart (when he owned that team) from the East Bay Raceway Winternationals, also Jeff Gordon, Joey Soldana, Travis Rhyman, Sammy Swindell, Kenny Adams, Wade Burton, an old Flemington NJ Speedway modified shirt inked by Ray Evernham, A N.J. Southern Regional High School yearbook signed by nascar driver Martin Truex (Same high school I went to), A Bridgeport Speedway shirt signed by Billy Wilburn and Rusty Wallace (Wilburn was his front tire changer and Wallace was co-owner of the sprint team), odds and ends signed by Ken Schrader, Donnie and Davey Allison, Adam Petty, Elliot and Ermie Sadler, Todd Bodine, Jimmy Spencer, and Michael Waltrip (when he drove the Pennzoil car).
All of the above drove sprint cars at one time or another.

And I have a video of myself riding with Jack Hewitt in his 2 seater 410 sprint car at East Bay. I won the ride in a raffle during the winternationals.

I also have a guitar signed by Michael Waltrip and country singer Alan Jackson, which I bought for my girlfriend through a Victory Junction Gang charity auction which is the charity run by the Pettys. OH yeah, included in the paperwork that went with the purchase, was a signed Thank You note from Richard and Kyle Petty.

Not bad for a tuna captain, huh?... :D

Not bad at all but ya know what Vance would say..
You Suck :wink:
Dave

purplepickup

I don't have much signed stuff.  Most of the things I've got that mean a lot to me are things that bring back memories of days past.  To most people it's just junk.

I do have a few things people have signed tho and each has special memories.

I saw Arnie Beswick pitted in a grove of trees at US 131 Dragway and told him that I had always been a fan of his and had some pictures of him from the 60's.  My dad always had Pontiacs in the 50's and 60's and because of Arnie I was a strong Pontiac nut back then and caught him on my Instamatic as often as I could.  We talked for quite a while and his wife was talking to Sue. What great people...soft spoken, humble, and in love with racing.  It was getting close to the time for him to suit up so we said goodbye and he said "wait a minute" and signed the picture, a couple of t-shirts, and gave them to us along with his phone number and address.  To me he is the genuine article....a legend and a really good guy.

I was at the US Nationals a few years ago before the resurgence of nostalgia cars that's going on nowadays and walked into the Winged Express pit.  And when I say pit, that's exactly what it was.  He was pitted way out back, off the pavement with a small blue tarp spread out on the dirt under the car.   The crank and pistons were laying on the tarp.  Mousie Marcellus and Mike Boyd were the only two there.  They were towing on a short open trailer with an old beat up dodge pickup and they had a station wagon that looked like they had been sleeping in it.  I stopped and hung out while they worked on the engine and handed them tools while they were under the car.  I saw that they had a box of shirts in the back of the station wagon and asked if they would sell me one.  Mousie signed it and thanked me.

...And this autograph shouldn't need any explaining as to why it is special.
George

Interesting thread.....I'm not much of a collector....unless you include the all the junk that seems to show up in my shop  :roll: Several years ago I bought a 40 Ford Coupe from Waylon Jennings....It came with lots of paperwork signed by Waylon and he had signed the back of the sunvisor.When I went to switch the car into my name,the lady at the DMV saw the name,asked if it was the famous country singer and proceeded to make a couple of copies of the original title.....told me I should hang on to them....might be worth something someday.I had intended to hotrod the car until he passed away a year or so later.Just for kicks,I put the car on eBay to see if there was any interest.Long story short.....The bidding went crazy,I made a bunch of money and someone else owned the car.I still have those copies of the title and other paperwork somewhere....just don't ask where! Unless it's on a check payable to me with lots of zero's,I'm really not into autographs  :P
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"