Another one lost

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, December 28, 2006, 01:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Chops 1940

I just saw a post by Bob K over on the HAMB that Don Palfreyman (OldFarts and OldFords) passed away from a long battle with cancer.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Bob K

I just got this email a few minutes ago.

I am sending you this E-mail to inform all of you of the passing of my Father Don Palfreyman. He died this morning very peacefully and with no pain. His battle with cancer is over now and now he is looking down on all of us smiling.

Sincerely

Dan Palfreyman

Don was a very good friend and a true Hot Rodder, he traveled the Western states with his flamed 46 Ford 2dr and his Red 34 Ford coupe. All who knew him will be terribly saddened by his passing.

He fought a long battle with Cancer and has gone to his final resting place. Think of him as we use our hot rods and custom's as I am sure that he will be watching over us

Don was on the HAMB and the RRT  as OldFarts& OldFords. He has not been on the boards as much lately but had continued to  travel with his long time best buddy.

Mickey the Lurker our hearts go out to you in this time of your sadness we join you in your mourning.

B :( B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

sirstude

* * *,  That's 2 friends this week from the same thing.

Hope thats all.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

purplepickup

I've got nothing but happy memories of Don.  He was a very good man who always made you smile.  We'll miss him. :cry:
George

I never had the pleasure of meeting  Don......My loss I'm sure.My prayers and condolences to his family and friends.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

enjenjo

Sorry to hear that, it hits home. Even though I have only know him a few years, he seemed like a life long friend. I'll miss him when I am out that way.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

1FATGMC

Man I'll miss you Don.  It seems like yesterday we were talking on the phone and I can remember it all.

Thanks for the good memories,

Love ya,

Sum

Okiedokie

Don and I only shared some PM's regarding mostly car stuff but enough to know he was a good guy. He is gone much too soon.  I had been hesistant to inquire as to why he was not posting, kind of knew. I believe his 34 is black, and he was proud to drive it. Joe

HotRodLadyCrusr

A sad day.  Don will be missed by many.  My deepest condolences to his family and friends.  We will all have to get together while in B'ville this year and do something special in his memory.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Crosley.In.AZ

It is a sad day .

rest in peace.

:cry:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

C9

Breaks my heart to hear this.

A guy with a heart as big as his smile.

To me, the pic below says it all.

Godspeed Don . . . you are remembered....
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

river1

i spent a lot of time with don at this years Scottsdale goodguys.

he was a hotrodder's hotrodder.

good guy

great friend

he'll be missed

i'll miss him

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Carps

BUGGER!   :(

I spoke with Don only a couple of days before Christmas, he was in really good spirits and we were joking about my coming to collect the lemonade he still owes me.

I too have none but happy memories of the big guy, he was one of lifes true gentlemen and a great freind.

When we spoke he was really upbeat and looking forward to heading out to the salt next year.  The old fart gave me no idea exactly how sick he really was, just said that he's getting the best help and is surrounded by family, the best medical people and the word's greatest friends, the members of the Stags Car Club.  These guys were also helping him get his '34 coupe back together.  One of the things we agreed on was how taking the old car out for a spin was the best therapy a hot rodder could have and it always put the smile back on his face and made him feel so much better.

One thing that happened when we were talking was the front doorball rang, so Don went to open it and was greeted by a bunch of kids singing Christmas Carols, he was so overcome with joy, I'll never forget sharing that moment with him, or our roadtrip to Bonneville, which was one of the most enjoyable times I've ever had travelling with my buddies anywhere on earth.

On the scary side, is that he's finally likely to meet my best mate 'Datsfa' and thinking of those two rascals cruising together will always put a smile on my face.   :)

Rest in peace Big Guy!

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

TJ's Dad

While scrolling down this post i saw the pic of Don and never having met him was immediately drawn by the similarity between he and Datsfa ( in the pic posted by River1) and was surprised that Carps was a mate.

My thoughts are with Dons family and friends.

Tis sad that we are reaching a time in life where ever more increasing rodders time comes.

RIP Don.
I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.