Another one lost

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, December 28, 2006, 01:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carps

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"We will all have to get together while in B'ville this year and do something special in his memory.

You betcha we will!

It won't be the same, but I'll be the first to raise my glass of Lemonade to toast the old bugger.   :cry:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Cword

I've just read Dan's email and came here straight away.

Makes for a pretty sad day indeed. It's been a heck of a treat knowing Don and meeting him every summer at the Salt.

Mike
--

Grandadeo

Guys, we lost a large one today, and one of the best.  I'll miss ya Don Sr.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Charlie Chops 1940

I was so startled by the news that I didn't express my sadness at Don's passing.

I met him at Bonneville in '98 and always enjoyed his company. He was a gentleman and an ever enthusiastic rodder. I always enjoyed the pictures of his coupe along side the road in the snow that one year.

RIP Don.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

kb426

My sympathies to all the friends. The really fun guys are rare.
TEAM SMART

kroozn

Don was one of my favorite people.
Always smiling.
Even during our last visit when he told me the doctors said he would see this Christmas but would make no guarantees after that ... he was smiling.
It was the one time I couldn't smile with him.
It was truly my pleasure to have know him.
He will be missed by everyone who knew him.
Carl

phat rat

I agree with all the allocades. I met him at Bakersfield last fall and he was everything you who knew him longer are saying
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Fat Cat

This is a truely sad moment for all of us. When I think about Don I think about the events of the 2000 RRT Tour of LA and how he was always smiling and the way he just adopted my daughter. She often remembers that time and has many fond memories of Don.

We will miss you Sr.
God speed.

tomslik

well, *, that brought a tear to my eye..... :cry:
he was a cool guy...the little i got to talk to him (and pope down under) a few years back made an impression....
i always figgered i'd run into him again sooner or later......guess it'll be later.
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Pope Downunder

To Don's family and friends;

I am deeply saddened by his passing.  

I met Don for the first time in 2000 on a flying visit when I dropped into the Goodguys Colorado event.  He was very friendly and was very interesting to talk to.  We kept in touch via the RRT.

In 2004, when Steve and I came over, Don went to some special trouble for us pre=Bonneville in Ogden.  He and Mickey met up with us and took us on a garage tour, to a cruise night and to their STAGs clubrooms.  It was fantastic for us.  

Another good guy has passed on, but he obviously made a significant contribution to his country, and made lots of friends; he will be sadly missed.

Neil

48ford

We did nott know him,but we still feel the loss.
Russ&Irene

river1

Quote from: "Carps"
Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"We will all have to get together while in B'ville this year and do something special in his memory.

You betcha we will!

It won't be the same, but I'll be the first to raise my glass of Lemonade to toast the old bugger.   :cry:

it will definitely have to happen. just not til the afternoon as he was proud of the fact that he wouldn't get out to the salt til the CRACK of noon!!

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Carps

Quote from: "river1"it will definitely have to happen. just not til the afternoon as he was proud of the fact that he wouldn't get out to the salt til the CRACK of noon!!

And once lunch had been dealt with.......

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Uncle Bob

Had the pleasure of meeting Don at Carl's bbq last year.  What a joy he was to talk to!  Sounds like he had that effect on a lot of folks.  Enjoy your peace Don.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

jaybee

Very sorry to hear of that, he will be missed.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)