Its saturday what did you do ??

Started by Dave, December 23, 2006, 03:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

I surfed the net then went to menards and bought a new angle grinder and a hole saw to make the flanges for the ram horn manifolds for the roadster. 15% off anything you could get in the brown paper bag! Cool i got a cheap grinder with a 2 year warranty for less then it would have cost me to go to harbor freight  :?:  Yup it twas a deal! I bought some nuts and bolts too. I made the flanges and they are done  Tuesday im heading to romulus to look at a seat. 50 bucks and im near  taylor i think it is and there is a hooters there so i may have to stay for lunch :wink: .. Im running out of stuff to do on the new car :!:  I did drill out the steering box mount and make it right. They had 3/8 bolts going into the box :?: It mounts with 7/16 bolts so i drilled out the lower bolt holes and after i tear it apart for paint ill drill thru the upper bolt mount and tap that 7/16-14 and we will be good to go cept for getting some 7/16-14 grade 8 bolts .. I couldnt believe they did that on the box mount :?:  :!:  My coupe was done right and this will be too. I wonder what im gonna do tomorrow :?:
Dave

Oh ya brake kits.......... LOL i had to do some  stuff there too. Speedway gives you 1/4 inch spacers to make all the stuff fit.. Grade 8 3/4 washers 1/8 thick did the trick and the dust caps fit too.

enjenjo

I did some shoping this morning, then worked on a radiator shroud.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

donsrods

Today was boat working day.  My Son has a twin engine cruiser, and one engine was overheating.  Previous owner put new circ pump, belts, impeller in raw water pump, thermostats, etc.  Still overheats.  In frustration he sold it cheaper to my Son.

Today we tore down the Sherwood pump and found the problem.  The previous guy put in an impeller that was 3/16 too tall, so when you put the cover plate back on and torqued it down, it crushed the impeller so it wouldn't turn.  We found the correct one, and the pump spins nice and free now.

We get things like this in the Marina all the time, where somebody tries to save a few bucks on a pro, and ends up costing him lots of money in the end.

So, it was a good day for us. :D  :D  :D

Don

GPster

I have been wrapping presents for days. Also ended up wrapping presents for a friend of the family that has become a grandmother/costuodial parent this year. The mess had to be cleared out by 2:00 PM so that any one arriving would not be wondering if Santa had already been here. My Ebay carburator came yesterday and I managed enough time to open the box, wonder what I had done wrong, type a note here to confirm that I was wrong, take a napersen and be civil when the crowd arrived. This morning I was awakened buy 3 grandkids, announcing that Santa had come ( evidently,responcible parents had dug everything out after I collapse). Blood sugar, coffee, napersen and I was ready. Layed down for a nap at 10:30 AM and woke up at 1:30 PM. Blood sugar, coffee, showered, and went out to check the new carb and make sure I hadn't just dreamed about it. Nope, it was still the nightmare. Time for church and ask for forgivness. GPster

Charlie Chops 1940

Coffee at OBT's this morning, a little computer time, then worked on the '32 roadster all afternoon. Modifying the floor pan and one body crossmember to accept tracks for the Glide split bench so that the seat sets as low as possible so that I can see out of the Duvall windshield. So far sucessful  in spite of the crappy floor provided by Brookville.

More of the same tomorrow. Maybe I'll get a chance to resize some pics and do show and tell soon.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat rat

Still working on my trailer. Got the new axles and springs under it now. I need to mount the new fenders yet and also extend the taillight housings. The new halogen housings are deeper than the old lights,  other than that I think construction is done.  Probably be ready to shoot some paint the end of next week. When that's done I'll be rewiring it. Then I can put it outside and bring the sleeper in for finishing.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

kb426

Christmas at the "outlaws" today. It was only about 33 degrees today so I'm not missing out on much. The next couple of days should be better. We still have snow and ice from the storm a few days ago.
TEAM SMART

sirstude

Spread mud on the firewall a few times and then sanded  it off a couple of times, you all know how it goes.  Took apart the hinges on the Olds door and beat the tar out of them.  I don't know how a piece of 1/2 inch by 2 inch steel could get bent, but not show on the car.  The old doors seemed ok except for the rust on the bottom.  Put the new ones on and the top was out 1/2 inch.  Thats the one I fixed.  Then went to the new Rocky movie with my son and his wife.  It was better than I expected.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"I did some shoping this morning, then worked on a radiator shroud.

I see a problem with air flow....

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

QuoteI see a problem with air flow....

It's not quite done yet :shock:

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "enjenjo"I did some shoping this morning, then worked on a radiator shroud.

I see a problem with air flow....

I was thinking that that was the bug guard, but it's on the wrong side. :lol:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

oldmanolds

My wife and drove down to Porter TN to pick up an Olds engine to rebuild over the winter.Looks to be a good start to what I hope will be a strong reliable engine.Right after the Holidays I'm going to tear into it.You guys will probally see a lot of questions on here as this is my first Olds build up.Have a Merry Christmas.(Can I still say that without offending anyone?)Dave
GETTING OLD SUCKS..BUT IT SURE BEATS THE ATERNATIVE.     www.stophd.org

Carps

It's Monday here, Christmas Day in fact, so happy Christmas ya'all! (OK it's 1 am Monday and I'm up late to make a couple of calls to some very good freinds in the US, starting on the east coast then moving to the midwest and on to the west, I could be up all night.   :wink:  )

On Saturday I did some striping on a tool box, not too happy with it at first but after adding a couple more colours yesterday (Sunday) it's lookin' much better.

In between I did something pretty radical.  I sanded the striping off the two primered doors on my '33 and layed down some new primer.  Tomorrow, they'll be painted to match the rest of the car.

Don't tell anybody, but I may even give folks a bigger surprise by having some transperant silica panels in the holes in the body work by the time I get to the Mornington Park, New Years day picnic, next weekend.   :shock:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

enjenjo

QuoteIn between I did something pretty radical. I sanded the striping off the two primered doors on my '33 and layed down some new primer. Tomorrow, they'll be painted to match the rest of the car.

"Here I come 'Lisabeth, It's the big one"

rooster

Jr and I hauled the small hercules engine from the garage to the warm basement, made up a table to support it and are now figuring out a way to make it ele start. Want to take a look at the carb and clean it, do a compression test, check mag points. Its been sitting in the garage for years. Looked around for a Qjet for the GPster in the basement but no luck!
YET!