my current project 31 vicky drag car

Started by dragrcr50, November 29, 2006, 09:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragrcr50

I am building myself a new drag car for next year . I(t is a 31 vicky rear and a 2 dr sedan frt , chopped 4 inches and on my own 2x3 chassis with a 4 inch dropped axle and hairpins, mullins steering bod with side steer, ladder bars in the rear with a diag link and coil overs ala drag car not street set up. 9 inch ford with 35 spline axles  speedway disc brakes, aluminum strange center with 456 pro gear on lightweight spool yad a yada.  glide with a brake and a 5500 converter, 408 big block chevy with rec heads big roller etc.  car should be a 9.70 car.  i have the new look alike cruzer wheels 4's and 10's , I had them blasted and a titanium header  coating done on them and i love em.. i am painting it a semi gloss gold and naming it OLD GOLD .......naked lady smokin a stogie on a pack of old gold cigs on the deck... should be a fun deal. If I can post the pics you can see it here. and Ill keep ya posted, inteand to run it in feb or so ...     happy holidays to all... sam
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Charlie Chops 1940

Who did you get to do the wheel coating Sam? I like the look. Very nice construction work.

I had a '31 Vic in the late 70's - sold it inn about '83. 327/400, Corvair front, Vette IRS,  4WDB. Quick, fun car. Way before digital cameras.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

dragrcr50

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Who did you get to do the wheel coating Sam? I like the look. Very nice construction work.

I had a '31 Vic in the late 70's - sold it inn about '83. 327/400, Corvair front, Vette IRS,  4WDB. Quick, fun car. Way before digital cameras.

Charlie
thanks charlie, performance coatings in okc did them for me in and out both sides etc 180.00  not bad i thought.  I am liking this car so far. did the chassis on my jig in a day and thought man this is gonna be a killer deal , well the body is takin some time to bring together..  I have a 31 sedan and a duece chassis with halibrand quickie all chrome front etc best stuff for sale if you know of any one needing one..
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Fat Cat

Looking good. I want to see more of that one when it is done.

Charlie Chops 1940

Sam, I hate to ask - but, how much for the Duece chassis? Without the body. Can you e-mail me some pics of the chassis. V8 quickie or champ?

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

A Hooligan!

donsrods

Really looks terrific.  Nice to see an old timey drag car again.  Please keep posting pictures as you go.

Don

dragrcr50

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Sam, I hate to ask - but, how much for the Duece chassis? Without the body. Can you e-mail me some pics of the chassis. V8 quickie or champ?

Charlie
not sure what i need out of it, it is pinched and bobbed for an A model with no front horns has a halibrand rear all new everything, chrome dropped 5 inch axle with 1 inch holes, chrome spindles arms, center link, chrome half rack cross steer system, chrome shocks, so-cal buick drom style disc brakes frt, buick drum style covers on the rear also, chrome and stainless four bar frt, trian ladder bar rear with panard to quickie. all american chrome coil overs in the rear, stainless brake lines, chrome master  cyl and hyd mast cyl for cluch has three pedals.  set up for fe ford and four speed easy to change that.  34 commercial new halogen lights big dia low mount combo shock and light mounts. i have a brookville shell, a nice 31 sedan body and all necesaryy panels for it brookville 32  style dash etc.  .. it is all soda blasted all ready.  id prolly take 12k  for chssis and 2500 for the body...  didnt mean to ramble but lots of stuff on this project ..

Charlie Chops 1940

Thanks Sam - lotsa chassis for the bucks. More than I need to spend right now though.

Charlie

A Hooligan!

"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Dave

Looking good. I wish i had some extra cash id be interested in your frame also..
Dave :arrow:

slocrow

Very nice. Looking forward to any updates............
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

sedanman

Lools great, can't wait to see more of it.  :D

sedanman

Lools great, can't wait to see more of it.  :D

1FATGMC

Hey Sam it was great seeing the car in person :D .  This is going to be a nice one guys and I hope it also might make it to the salt.

Did you have any luck selling Joe's car at Phoenix?

Looks like I'll be back that way in Jan. and will try and stop.  Thanks for the help with the roll bars for the lakester.  I'd like to stop and bend a cage up for 1FATGMC.  I need to have it fit really tight.  I'll call sometime and talk to you about that.

c ya,

Sum

GPster

Quote from: "1FATGMC"I'd like to stop and bend a cage up for 1FATGMC     c ya,Sum
If it needs a rollbar it's too fast. GPster