my current project 31 vicky drag car

Started by dragrcr50, November 29, 2006, 09:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragrcr50

Quote from: "1FATGMC"Hey Sam it was great seeing the car in person :D .  This is going to be a nice one guys and I hope it also might make it to the salt.

Did you have any luck selling Joe's car at Phoenix?

Looks like I'll be back that way in Jan. and will try and stop.  Thanks for the help with the roll bars for the lakester.  I'd like to stop and bend a cage up for 1FATGMC.  I need to have it fit really tight.  I'll call sometime and talk to you about that.

c ya,

Sum
did the bar fit the lakester ?? be glad to see you in jan for sure,  joes car didnt sell at phoenix  but a man from mass is looking like a buyer at 70k so he is happy ...  talk later... sam
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

1FATGMC

Quote from: "dragrcr50"...did the bar fit the lakester ?? be glad to see you in jan for sure,  joes car didnt sell at phoenix  but a man from mass is looking like a buyer at 70k so he is happy ...  talk later... sam

I haven't cut them yet, but I've put them in place and they look like they are going work real good  :D .  

If Joe's car sells he can buy you lunch tomorrow at that place you guys took me to.  In fact I wouldn't mind it if he bought me one of those double burgers.  That was the biggest burger I ever ate  :oops: .

I'll be calling...

Sum

dragrcr50

Quote from: "1FATGMC"
Quote from: "dragrcr50"...did the bar fit the lakester ?? be glad to see you in jan for sure,  joes car didnt sell at phoenix  but a man from mass is looking like a buyer at 70k so he is happy ...  talk later... sam

I haven't cut them yet, but I've put them in place and they look like they are going work real good  :D .  

If Joe's car sells he can buy you lunch tomorrow at that place you guys took me to.  In fact I wouldn't mind it if he bought me one of those double burgers.  That was the biggest burger I ever ate  :oops: .

I'll be calling...

Sum
Man I have been waiting all week to go to jamies for the friday OLD GUYS HOT ROD LUNCH, 35 OF US THERE LAST WEEK.. snowing like hell here now but i have 4 wd and will be humgry, hehe.... those double burgers are unreal big and good huh... glad you got to go with us this year... glad the bars look like they will work, i thought they would with your patterns to work with....
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

kb426

TEAM SMART

purplepickup

Nice car Sam!!  You Oklahoma guys just have too much fun. 8)

We like pics  :D  ....Lookin' forward to updates.  I'd really like to see a pic of it leaving the line in February :0-0
George

dragrcr50

Quote from: "purplepickup"Nice car Sam!!  You Oklahoma guys just have too much fun. 8)

We like pics  :D  ....Lookin' forward to updates.  I'd really like to see a pic of it leaving the line in February :0-0
thanks george, Ill keep em comin , and i have a pic of my last roadster stude pickup here for you ,race it 5 yrs , kinda miss it... sam

Godzilla

Man I am going to miss OGHD.  I get a 30 minute lunch break at the new job so it is an impossibility to make it to the south side.

You should post pictures of the Nova...talk about a silk purse from a sow's ear.  What you and Joe have done to help that ugly puppy is nothing short of remarkable.  It is going to be a throw down cool, nose in the air,  bad to the bone gasser when it is done.  What do you think...10.90s???
The way it was is the way it should be

dragrcr50

Quote from: "Godzilla"Man I am going to miss OGHD.  I get a 30 minute lunch break at the new job so it is an impossibility to make it to the south side.

You should post pictures of the Nova...talk about a silk purse from a sow's ear.  What you and Joe have done to help that ugly puppy is nothing short of remarkable.  It is going to be a throw down cool, nose in the air,  bad to the bone gasser when it is done.  What do you think...10.90s???
bout that i think, ill get some of it this week when we get it standing on the straight axle, love the gold paint, somewhat better than the rolled on stuff preacher joe did., haha.... actually gonna make killer car for someone and reasonable i just need to be gone with it.... pics later...they saw them when i got it butttt ugly thing

Ohio Blue Tip

Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

dragrcr50

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"Looken gooood Sam.

thanks Ken,  glad to hear from ya........sam

dragrcr50

Quote from: "dragrcr50"
Quote from: "Godzilla"Man I am going to miss OGHD.  I get a 30 minute lunch break at the new job so it is an impossibility to make it to the south side.

bout that i think, ill get some of it this week when we get it standing on the straight axle, love the gold paint, somewhat better than the rolled on stuff preacher joe did., haha.... actually gonna make killer car for someone and reasonable i just need to be gone with it.... pics later...they saw them when i got it butttt ugly thing
got a few pics today in gold paint and with the frt chassis stub on it, will have it together this week and ready to get a time and sell it........some of you guys saw this thing when i bought it from the guy in arizona, . it had enamel paint rolled on and flames with a brush and a mustang two under it that actuall fell apart while taking it out.  . any way we are putting an all new straight axle under it with all new steering and dis brakes and new sbc about 475 hp and a 9 inch ford rear should be a kool little car when im done// what do ya think????

1FATGMC

That can't be the same car I saw a couple weeks ago  :shock:  8)  :D  :wink: .

Hope to see it before you sell it, but you probably hope to sell it before I see it,

Sum

dragrcr50

Quote from: "1FATGMC"That can't be the same car I saw a couple weeks ago  :shock:  8)  :D  :wink: .

Hope to see it before you sell it, but you probably hope to sell it before I see it,

Sum
Uhhhhhhhh hehe I hope to sell it in a couple of weeks, the plan is to go to the track in a week and get a time on it and then put it on ebay ...........

1FATGMC

Quote from: "1FATGMC"That can't be the same car I saw a couple weeks ago  :shock:  8)  :D  :wink: .

Sum
Uhhhhhhhh hehe I hope to sell it in a couple of weeks, the plan is to go to the track in a week and get a time on it and then put it on ebay ...........

After talking to Hooley if your weather is anything like his you might need to get some "studded" slicks (that can't make sense :roll: ).

Get a G-Tech and get a time in front of the house.  I'm sure the neighbors would love that :twisted: .

say hi to the dogs for me and Shush,
Sum

dragrcr50

Quote from: "1FATGMC"

Sum

After talking to Hooley if your weather is anything like his you might need to get some "studded" slicks (that can't make sense :roll: ),

Sum
i think he got a lot more than we did , we got like 6 inches i think, and it is mostly gone, high today was 31  as long as it is above freezing they will be open for twomore weeks... just need a time to know how to sell it properly ...