anyone in chandler arizona that could look at a car for me?

Started by dragrcr50, October 25, 2006, 10:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragrcr50

Quote from: "Crosley"the quality of the car may eggsplain the price on it.

Good luck with it.
it wasnt that cheap, i am in it a true 5250.00 and it will part out for about 1800.00  no biggie, just that he was not honest and didnt send all the parts as stated in his ad and my emails to me.  as well as not nhra certified or even worthy of an outlaw track.  Im already having my body guy here get the roller paint off and we are cutting the front off and putting a straight axle under it.  it will make a good gasser just didnt need another big project as i have far too many now... but ill get it done.  and we may bring joes new gold gasser out there to the good guys and if so we might get to meet this preacher joe guy  in person ........
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Godzilla

She is indeed a thing of beauty.  First car I have ever seen that is so ugly that a dog would not * on it.  I think I would name it "Nightmare,"  because it has given me nighmares since seeing it.  Cam said he is going to drive out this weekend to see it for himself...maybe you ought to see if the circus would want it like it is...they could sell tickets.
The way it was is the way it should be

dragrcr50

Quote from: "Godzilla"She is indeed a thing of beauty.  First car I have ever seen that is so ugly that a dog would not * on it.  I think I would name it "Nightmare,"  because it has given me nighmares since seeing it.  Cam said he is going to drive out this weekend to see it for himself...maybe you ought to see if the circus would want it like it is...they could sell tickets.
haha, now this guy says he might send me my carb and distributor when he get paid, and it was a good deal, should have brought 10k  and he is a preacher at a church there... on the bright side i bought 80 dollars worth of sandpaper today to take the ugly off and ordered the stuff to finishj out a straight axle set up on it and just gasser it up , I wont be beat , Ill just spend more dough on it haha.......dont laugh sum I know you are hahahahahahahahahaha :evil:
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

donsrods

I learned years ago, sometimes with these self professed "religious types" you have to count your fingers after you shake hands with them. :shock:  :shock:

I worked for two partners years ago, they always had religious stations playing on the radio, quoted scripture constantly, etc.  They would cheat you out of your last dollar and think nothing of it, but they were also both millionaires a few times over.  Go figure...........

Not all God fearing people are this way, and I respect those who are truly religious, but there are some who use it as a cloak to sucker people in.

Hope your car turns out good, in spite of the initial setbacks.

Don

dragrcr50

Quote from: "donsrods"I learned years ago, sometimes with these self professed "religious types" you have to count your fingers after you shake hands with them. :shock:  :shock:

I worked for two partners years ago, they always had religious stations playing on the radio, quoted scripture constantly, etc.  They would cheat you out of your last dollar and think nothing of it, but they were also both millionaires a few times over.  Go figure...........

Not all God fearing people are this way, and I respect those who are truly religious, but there are some who use it as a cloak to sucker people in.

Hope your car turns out good, in spite of the initial setbacks.

Don
haha, he told me to bring backup if i intended to do harm , haha, and then invited me to sunday mass.......poor soul....

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "dragrcr50"haha, he told me to bring backup if i intended to do harm , haha, and then invited me to sunday mass.......poor soul....

backup for me is a small frame , large caliper hand gun... LOL

I've worked with some " good Christian" guys....

In a heart beat they would be yelling F this , F that , throwing stuff...... Then i would hear : Christians are not perfect , just forgiven.

To which I would reply : that phrase is just a crutch to be an A hole in life.

I even witnessed a squirt gun fight nearly turn into a fist fight one morning at Hughes.  The christian fellow started the squirt gun deal.  Another guy (that was hit with water) brought in one of those super soaker squirt guns!

Seems like you needed a person to look at this car a few weeks earlier...
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

dragrcr50

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "dragrcr50"haha, he told me to bring backup if i intended to do harm , haha, and then invited me to sunday mass.......poor soul....

backup for me is a small frame , large caliper hand gun... LOL

I've worked with some " good Christian" guys....

In a heart beat they would be yelling F this , F that , throwing stuff...... Then i would hear : Christians are not perfect , just forgiven.

To which I would reply : that phrase is just a crutch to be an A hole in life.

I even witnessed a squirt gun fight nearly turn into a fist fight one morning at Hughes.  The christian fellow started the squirt gun deal.  Another guy (that was hit with water) brought in one of those super soaker squirt guns!

Seems like you needed a person to look at this car a few weeks earlier...
i didn tknow about it till a day or two before i got it, had a driver in the area that would get it for me so i really had no time ... he emailed me today and said he prayed for me and begged forgiveness but didnt write a check yet haha or even send my parts , but by golly he is prayin for me......... Ill have the rest of the paint off tomorrow and already have the straight axle stuff to do a gasser deal with all new tube axle , discs vga etc itll be ok just more work and more money than i need to get into now, i have my fabricator that works for me doin it to help out... trying to run it a tvrp in two weeks ...

1FATGMC

Quote from: "dragrcr50".......Ill have the rest of the paint off tomorrow and already have the straight axle stuff to do a gasser deal with all new tube axle , discs vga etc itll be ok just more work and more money than i need to get into now, i have my fabricator that works for me doin it to help out... trying to run it a tvrp in two weeks ...

I'm feeling so sorry for you  :cry: that I'll do some sanding while you bend the tubing for my cage when I get there at the end of the week 8) .  I'm good as Carl has given me lessons :D .

c ya soon,

Sum