anyone in chandler arizona that could look at a car for me?

Started by dragrcr50, October 25, 2006, 10:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

Hope it works out OK for you. Wiring him the money sight unseen, now that's real trust.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

dragrcr50

Quote from: "phat rat"Hope it works out OK for you. Wiring him the money sight unseen, now that's real trust.
well that is what i do for a living for the most part buy and sell and about 90percent on line..  just hope for the best....
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Crosley.In.AZ

hmmmmmmm,  I know a local fellow that bought a 55 chevy off ebay.

it was a bit rusty in the photos, floor was cut out a bit.  The guy was not worried about the floor.

When they picked the car up in texas... the metal of the body was so thin from heavy surface rust , they expected it to collapse on the drive back to AZ
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

dragrcr50

Quote from: "Crosley"hmmmmmmm,  I know a local fellow that bought a 55 chevy off ebay.

it was a bit rusty in the photos, floor was cut out a bit.  The guy was not worried about the floor.

When they picked the car up in texas... the metal of the body was so thin from heavy surface rust , they expected it to collapse on the drive back to AZ
well it was picked up today at noon and is on the way to me in oklahoma, stay tuned..........thanks for interest ariz boyz........
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

dragrcr50

HA HA HA , WELL IT GETS DONE ANDTHE NOVA  HEADS THIS WAY AND DON'T YA KNOW, THE TRANSMISSION GOES OUT ON THE HAULER IN NEW MEXICO AND IT HAS TO BE REPLACED, WILL BE HERE LATER IN THE WEK.  YOU JUST NEVER KNOW DO YOU..........ILL SEE IT SOON THOUGH....

Crosley.In.AZ

in the photo of the Nova  car on racingjunk.com ... is that Joe?

He sounded older on the phone.

I'd lose the flames too.

:?
Tony

dragrcr50

Quote from: "Crosley"in the photo of the Nova  car on racingjunk.com ... is that Joe?

He sounded older on the phone.

I'd lose the flames too.

that is ole joe, nice guy actually but looks out there , huh?  flames will go as will the scoop, we are putting a new small block in it and and making a few passes and then sell it as a runner........I am doing a 31 vicky drag car that will be ready the first of the yer.......for me

Crosley.In.AZ

ah hell , folks think I am out there owning 6 Crosley cars , a 48 Simca ( it is for sale..  :wink: ) , 1961 Bug Eye Sprite, 1959  Triumph Standard 10 car......
Tony

purplepickup

Quote from: "Crosley"in the photo of the Nova  car on racingjunk.com ... is that Joe?

Man, he sure looks like Roy Edwards (Cozmic Coyote) who lived in Apache Junction before he got killed in his rod.  He had a couple too many bubbles in his plumb too.  Real nice guy tho.
George

dragrcr50

Quote from: "purplepickup"

Man, he sure looks like Roy Edwards (Cozmic Coyote) who lived in Apache Junction before he got killed in his rod.  He had a couple too many bubbles in his plumb too.  Real nice guy tho.
maybe it is??????he looks like he came back from somewhere......

dragrcr50

well it got here and well, it is the ugliest car i have seen in my entire life.  and one of the poorist built ever, but if i sand all the ugly off of it, (enamel rolled on with roller and flames painted on with a brush).  and cut the front slip off of it and redo it entiresly and change the fuels system, and redo part of the roll bar it might make a race car....and he  "forgot" to load the msd dist, carb, coil and switches . hehe......my oh my  what a day........till the next disaster guy's, later

HotRodLadyCrusr

Well that really sucks.  I was hoping for the best for you.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

dragrcr50

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Well that really sucks.  I was hoping for the best for you.
Hi there denise, well it has been an experience, he did answer an email and says will make it right, dont know how that can be done but oh well,  I'll just deal with it,  too busy on my vicky race car and model a sedan hot rod to be rebuilding this p.o.s.    Think Ill just have a cookie and think about it, haha/////////

Crosley.In.AZ

the quality of the car may eggsplain the price on it.

Good luck with it.
Tony