Do you set tools down 30 feet away?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, October 08, 2006, 02:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I mounted a new light to my shop exterior wall.

the ladder is called an 8 foot unit, although I doubt it really is 8 feet tall.

I had the fumbles this AM so that worked well with trying mount the fixture onto the wall.  I took the phillips head screws out so I could go inside and shorten them 1/4 inch at my work bench.

I get the screws shortened then go back outside.  I then climb up the ladder.... no phillips screw driver.   :evil:

With 4 decades of experience at tool mis-placement  I climbed back down the ladder , walked backed to my bench and retrieved the screw driver from where I had carried it............ then  set it down about 30 feet away from the job site.

Am I alone at this highly trained / experieince thing of carrying off tools to set them down away from where you are working?

:?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

48builder

Quote from: "Crosley"
Am I alone at this highly trained / experieince thing of carrying off tools to set them down away from where you are working?

:?

HAHA. I normally set things down in my basement, and have to go down a couple flights of stairs  :P

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

SKR8PN

You are NOT alone Crosley........but if you think THATS bad.....try a Golden Retriever with a penchant for stealing your tools WHILE you are working on a project........THAT will REALLY drive ya up a wall :lol:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

kb426

Sounds to me like you may suffer from "old age syndrome" The other day, I'm visiting with a friend who is my age and I stated, I don't have any parts that work like they used to. End of statement.
TEAM SMART

phat46

That's not normal? I was putting cove molding trim on my front porch posts this morning...went like this..carry molding out to porch from garage behind house...walk back around house to get a pencil to mark molding...mark molding and carry it back to garage and cut it, prime it anc carry it back out front... go back and get drill so i don't split molding, go back and get the right bit,...walk back to garage to get nails, and hammer..nail molding on...walk back to get nailset....countersink nails...walk back to get wood filler to fill holes. Let everything dry and sand filler and get ready to paint. Go to garage and get paint and take it out front...go back into house and get brush from basement...finaly got it finished and went back in the house to watch the end of the Lions game  :roll: , look out front window and see sunglasses and wood putty still on front porch.  Seems normal to me...

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "SKR8PN"You are NOT alone Crosley........but if you think THATS bad.....try a Golden Retriever with a penchant for stealing your tools WHILE you are working on a project........THAT will REALLY drive ya up a wall :lol:

I had a female German shep dog years ago that would do that when she was a young pup...  I was hearing this 'thud'  noise in my garage as i worked on a 48 chev truck I owned then.

I look around and she is trying to get my 3 pound sledge hammer out the side door of the garage. :!:
Tony

enjenjo

I was putting a tail light together the other day, and somehow lost the screws that hold the lens on, a three hand job at best. After speending 20 minutes looking for them, I drove up town, and got two more screws. I found the other two a couple days later, in plain sight.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Rrumbler

I do that all the time Crosley.  After about two times of going back to get something, though, I finally smart up and take my tool belt or bag with me and hang it on the ladder, or wherever I'm mainly working.  You would think that after forty plus years of carrying my tools on my belt or in a bag hung from my shoulders, I'd have the drill down pat - but, NO-ooo!   :roll:  :(D)  :lol:  Also, that's what pockets are for. :P  :mrgreen:  :b-d:
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

donnie g

i "usta" blame the kid... :? then he grew up and moved away... :wink:
 then it was the dog , but after a time the good old thing went to a better
 place :( , here's a flash for you guys, i think its an evil plot on the part of the wife she's out to get me :wink: ,it can't be my advanced years :shock:
  look for the signs,finding loose box end wrenches sitting in strange places... on the washmachine etc etc... its a plot i tell you! :D

purplepickup

If I leave something 30 or more feet away, I'll get down off the ladder then about halfway to it I'll forget what I was looking for.  Then I see something that I lost the other day and just start working on that project.  Later I'll walk by the ladder and wonder who left that out. :?
George

donnie g

see i told ya! :roll: ,hot rod wifes are getting together trying to
drive us all mad :roll:  :wink:

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"I was putting a tail light together the other day, and somehow lost the screws that hold the lens on, a three hand job at best. After speending 20 minutes looking for them, I drove up town, and got two more screws. I found the other two a couple days later, in plain sight.

LOL......... I dropped many items on this install.  found all but one small plastic sealing washer.   So after loooking a bit , I finished the install.  

Later that day Janice is checking out the light.  I look down on the side walk and there lies the * little washer.... I tossed it in the trash
Tony

58 Yeoman

I put in two new windows above the kitchen sink yesterday; they've been painted shut since before I bought the house in '99.  Got the first one in, then reached for the brush to clean up all the paint chips, etc. on the kitchen sink before going on to the other one.  Looked for the brush, and finally saw it outside onthe window sill...of the window that wouldn't open.  It was easier going outside to get it rather than remove the screen from the new window.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Glen

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Glen"That light looks familiar?

you sure both of your lights are still on your  new work shop ?

:arrow:   :lol:
Tony